Rinnai RPC35WA / RPC41WA

Rinnai RPC35WA / RPC41WA

RPC35WA and RPC41WA

Blake Heath

Blake HeathAU

Good quality. Cools well - but quite noisy indeed.

Purchased in November 2018 at Appliances Online for $799.00.

Room Type Living/Dining Area

Dante1

Dante1South East Queensland, QLD

Window mount literally melted

The window mount for the exhaust pipe literally melted from the heat after only 1 or 2 weeks of use approx 3 hours a day.
Can't find replacement, as others have said unless I pay an exorbitant price. Now it's basically useless. Pretty unreal that a simple spare part is so hard to acquire.

Purchased at The Good Guys.

stji001

stji001Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

As per review says

Before I bought this unit, I read the review here. Majority of the review is good. Indeed it is as good as it says. Unfortunately it is not reverse cycle and the cable length is slightly shorter that what you would expect. It cools reasonably well. I have yet to test it on a very hot summer. So far its performing well. It is only slightly louder than a pedestal fan when the compressor is running.

Edit:
Customer service is very helpful and I am very satisfied with the product.

Purchased in May 2019.

Room Type Large Bedroom
Josh

JoshSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good portable Air Con

I bought this unit a month ago and am very happy with my purchase. It is a little noisy as all portable units are but otherwise works well. It cools the room nicely and keeps it at temperature all night long.

Purchased in February 2019 for $728.00.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Josh, we are pleased to hear you are enjoying your portable air conditioning unit.

Blackheath Weather

Blackheath WeatherSydney Surrounds, NSW

Good cooling. Economical. Noisy.

We've owned this model for a couple of weeks and are fairly happy with it. We have solar power, so can measure how much power we are using each day and this Rinnai model is notably cheaper to run than our other portable air conditioner, which is a different brand. It cools one to two rooms well and works particularly well on the dehumidifier option. However, it is notably noisier than our other model when the compressor comes on. There is also no way to easily have the cold air blow directly on you, as for some curious reason, the airflow comes out of the top of the unit. Still, it cools well, so we will learn to live with these problems. Just don't buy this model if you want the quietest compressor. There are quieter units out there.

Purchased in January 2019 for $699.00.

Room Type Living/Dining Area

Jason

JasonSydney, NSW

Just Average.

Neat design, a little bit noisy when everything gose quiet and sleep. Every half to one hour we have to clean the water out otherwise the air con stop generating cooling air. The water must be pumped out at the very bottom of the machine so we have to stack the machine up to be able to let water fully flow out.

Overall, I'd say average.

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for $659.00.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the review Jason. Please contact our free Technical help desk on 1300 555 545 option 3 to ensure correct usage of the unit.

Perfect for apartment living

It’s design is good, but the most important things to me when looking for an air conditioner: ability to cool, noise levels.
If you have a bedroom you want to cool down, this is the machine for you. Make sure you know the space you need to cool before deciding on which machine you need. This machine allows you to sleep well through those hot summer nights, however you may need ear plugs if you are a light sleeper. Additionally the unit slides quite easily around rooms and did an admirable job cooling down our open space living room & kitchen within our apartment. I’d recommend this machine!

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for $530.00.

Home Insulation Level Not sure

denSydney, NSW

Average portable air con...

Date PurchasedJan 2019
den

No worries mate.. this is my unbiased review...hope it helps Rinnai to improve their product and services... all the best

Great unit

This airconditioner is the best it gets cold instantly and my bedroom is so cool i turn it off after 10 minutes i would not have survived the 40 deg summer without Rinnai 3.5
Anyone looking for a portable aircon thats not noisy and has various options go for this great brand

Date PurchasedJan 2019

PriyankBrisbane

Expensive Spare parts

Dont even think of buying this unit, I have similar experience as others buying spare parts. Its very stressful and currently Reccee Plumbing are re-seller for spare parts and I have been quoted 210$ Windows Slide kit. I am now with useless unit and will to search if I can source other company's air conditioner spare parts that can be used.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Damon

DamonSydney

Great unit, shame about spare parts

We have this unit to cool our bedroom and it does work very well. However, during a move the window slide kit was lost and attempts to buy a replacement have been extremely stressful. I spoke to the Good Guys who directed us to Rinnai Spare parts, who in turn told me they don't sell them directly to customers and to go via their partner Harvey Norman and when we did they said the kit was $120!!! for a piece of plastic!!! Outraged at the rip off cost for a simple kit. I am not going to pay this and so the unit itself is now useless - Rinnai, you need to get your spare parts arrangements sorted as this is unacceptable!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you Damon for your enquiry. We would like to assist you further, could you please forward your details to enquiry@rinnai.com.au and mention this review.

Dr1ftwood

Dr1ftwoodmelbourne

Works well in smaller rooms

We had this set up in our bedroom over the summer. It did an admirable job of cooling that space but was a little too loud to sleep with it running. On the hottest days we tried moving it to the lounge room but that was too much for it and it didnt get on top of the heat. It was good if you were sitting right in front of it though - like a personal cooler. It comes with widow hoses, so it needs to be pretty close to a window for the hot air to go out. I am giving this a medium high score. It works well in small spaces but has definite limitations.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Dr1ftwood, the portable range is most suited to smaller living areas so can struggle with larger areas.

toll7

toll7Geelong

Good Cooling Bit Noisy

What a relief to have some cooling in our bedroom. This machine has certainly earned its keep this summer and made unbearable hot weather just fine. I really like its portability. We can just roll it into the room where it's needed, attach the hose and turn it on. The only negative factor is the fan noise when trying to sleep. Its enough to get on my nerves but it's definitely worth it for the cooling. We will pack it away soon and bring it out next season.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

AGT

AGTSydney, NSW

Love it, its a monster cooler

We purchased this product from the Good Guys. It has served us extremely well this summer. It cools the room in about 20 minutes. We placed it in our bedroom. Please dont expect the same, when the room is not closed or if it is the sitting room. The assembly provided had a covering for the window, i installed it and it didnt cover the whole gap, but it still cooled the room real quick, It is ofcourse noisy, but it does the job. I never put an outlet yet for the water , but it still works fine. Very satisfied with this air con.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review AGT, we are always pleased to hear when our customers are happy with our units. We wish you many more cool days and nights.

Ahsan Ayaz

Ahsan AyazAU

This portable A/C easily cools my big bedroom within minutes during the 40 degree days

This is premium quality air conditioner which does the job of cooling down a large room very easily during those sticky hot Melbourne days/nights. Has a convenient timer to setup for how long to run the A/C. Very easy to setup and has included window installation kit for sliding door windows. Would highly recommend over other expensive brands.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Ahsan, we are pleased to hear the air conditioner has been working well and keeping you cool.

tomguycz

tomguyczSydney, NSW

Exceptional cooling ability but also very noisy

Had this unit for almost 2 years now. It has awesome design. Very good to look at. The remote adds lots of extra features and functions like eco run and night mode. My bedroom have only french window so I couldn't use the window mount. I extended the plastic exhaust hose with steel hose of the same diameter and mounted it to manhole cover in my ceiling. It works a treat. I find it quite noisy especially at night when the surrounding noise is low. Also the the self-evaporating feature is worth to mention as there is no need to empty any canisters of condensed water.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Tomguycz, we are happy to hear your continued happiness with your portable air conditioner.

RGB

RGBSydney

Cooling superb but noisy in bedroom

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review RGB, it is true that portable air conditioners tend to be louder than split systems as the condenser is part of the unit in the room. We are glad to hear the unit is keeping temperatures down for you.

Beardy Bonce

Beardy BonceSydney, NSW

Good for small rooms but noisy

We bought Rinnai as we trust the brand.
Our lounge area is 60m2.... the unit works best at 25m2. That said it does surprisingly well at maintaining an already cooler temperature (rather than lowering the temperature) in the lounge.

The unit is noisy, even on its lower fan settings.... but that’s the compromise with an all in one unit.

Portable? It has wheels.... but with the hose etc it can be quite cumbersome

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Beardy Bonce, you are correct, the unit is designed for areas less than 25m2 but we are pleased to hear the unit is managing to maintain the temperature in the larger room.

Shell

ShellBrisbane

Perfect for a portable kitchen/food van

Instantly cools, this was something I was not expecting, as I thought it may take a while. The best thing about the Rinnai
RPC41WA is that it is perfect for portable kitchens and food vans. If you have ever worked in one of those you will know how badly they are needed.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for your review Shell, it's always great to hear our products are exceeding our customers expectations. We wish you many more cool cooking moments.

Good Looking Air Cond does what it should

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Fred C, we are pleased to hear your Rinnai portable air conditioning unit is working well for you.