Rinnai Sunmaster Range

35 questions from our users

Peter L.

Peter L.asked

Sunmaster Range

how to turn of water to taps need to change tap washer regards Peter

Hi Peter L,

Thank you for your question. Please contact our Technical team on 1300 555 545 and they can assist you further.

Dirk Aasked

Sunmaster Range

We have a brand new unit and we run out of hot water after 1 shower - how do we turn the thermostat up??

Bruce D.
Bruce D.

Hi Dirk, firstly, contact your plumber because he will know how to sort this out.
We have a tempering valve on the side of the hot water tank that allows you to adjust the temperature going into the house but that’s not going to sort out your problem.
Do you have solar panels or evacuated tubes connected to you hot water system?

solar panels

Hi Dirk A,

Thank you for your question.

Please contact our Technical team on 1300 555 545 Option 3 to discuss this further.

Alex J.

Alex J.asked

Sunmaster Range

I have a Rinnai Sunmaster 175 solar hot water system installed at my property. The pump began making noises and when I contacted Rinnai a sub contractor come out, checked it and advised that that pump needs to be replaced and is not under warranty. The pump is only under warranty for 1 year! I was also charge for the subbie to come out even though the issue wasn't fixed. The entire unit is only 2.5 years old from new! I contacted Rinnai to enquire about the statutory warranty for all products and the customer service person was not sure what I was talking about. I have checked the Consumer affairs website and in general terms it should be covered under the statutory warranty but I cannot find an exact timeframe. Can anyone here assist? It takes Rinnai days to get back to me and I do not feel I should be paying this bill!

Hi Alex J,

We have sent you a private message to discuss further.

Robert

Robertasked

Sunmaster Range

Should you have a gas smell from these units

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Robert, you can experience combustion fumes from the gas booster on ignition but we would recommend speaking to our technical support team on 1300 555 545 option 3 or have a gas plumber attend if you are concerned.

Richard L

I would say no particularly if the smell persists after ignition

Tej

Tejasked

Sunmaster Flat Plate System

Hi . At night time water leaking side of pannel where is hot sensor assembled. And whistle noise also come from water tank. If i close the main hose incoming cold water then water stopped to leak. It happen always at night. Its only 2.5 years old with 2 pannel on roof. Should be covered in warranty or some one have same issue before. Thanks

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Tej, we would recommend booking a service call to inspect the unit, whistling noise can indicate issues with the frost valves installed in the system. The valve are designed to expel water to protect the solar collectors during colder temperatures.

You can book a service here:

steve

steveasked

Sunmaster Range

solar collector is leaking from what appears a small rubber grommet above inlet/ outlet pipe, contacted rinnair, thats was an ordeal 45 min on hold, can't tell me when someone can come, I asked how to turn water off, was told I would have to seek outside source for that information, what a joke there service department is, not even 24/emergency service looks like a ACCC will be getting involved

Hi Steve,

We have sent a private message to discuss the matter further.

steve

steveasked

Sunmaster Range

unit is leaking from what appears to be a small rubber grommet on the side above one of the inlet/out let pipes,

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the question, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

shazza

shazzaasked

Sunmaster Range

My solar hot water Se316am2b is showing ??? On the Pump controller assembly screen. Cant get thru to rinnai due to covid 19 could you call 0456209515

Hi Shazza,

Thanks for getting in touch, your request has been sent through to our Service Department.

Steve F.

Steve F.asked

Sunmaster Close Coupled System

I have a Rinnai close coupled solar HWS with 2 collector panels about 10 years old. One of the panels is leaking from the inside. The is a condensation plume from about half way up from the bottom and when the water is turned on copious amounts of water leak from the base of the panel. I assume that there is a split in one of the internal tubes. It does not have anti-freeze or other materials.
I would like to try to repair it myself but there are no obvious assembly fixings ie no rivets, screws etc holding the panel together.
What is the best way to disassemble the panel?
If you do not have an answer from this website one of your technical people would know the method of assembly and therefore the disassembly process - please advise.

Hi Steve F,

Thanks for the question Steve F.

Please contact our Technical helpdesk for assistance with this matter on 1300 555 545.

Brian Clift

Brian Cliftasked

Sunmaster Range

The Lowara recirculating pump in my Rinnai Sumaster hot water system has started making a loud pumping sound when it comes on during the night. The system is 4 years old and this noise only started this winter. What is the problem?

Hi Brain Clift,

Thanks for the question.

Based on the description provided a service call is required ,it seems the pump may need to be replaced.

Please contact our 1st Care Service on 1300 555 545 or alternatively you may book on line following the link provided - https://www.rinnai.com.au/support-resources/online-service-booking/

Leeanne C.asked

Sunmaster Range

We had a power outage and discovered we had no hot water for a shower almost immediately. Is this normal
We have a Rinnai sun master gas booster
Rinnai 26

Hi Leanne C,

Thank you for the question.
If the power has gone off the gas booster may need resetting at the power point. We would recommend contacting our Technical help team on 1300 555 545 option 3 and they can assist you further.

Leeanne C.

No your misunderstanding my question.
When the power came on we never had to do anything it automatically resumed it’s working order.
My question was if there is no electricity does the gas booster work or is it normal to have no hot water.

Hi Leanne,

We would recommend contacting our Technical help team on 1300 555 545 option 3 and they can assist you further with you question.

Brett S.

Brett S.asked

Sunmaster Range

why do I keep getting a message on my digital readout of pump error or pump failure on my Rinnai sunmaster and the pump stops working it is brand new when I reset it at the PowerPoint it starts working normally again but the error issue comes back

Hi Brett S,

Sean

Seanasked

Sunmaster Range

Hi I have a rinnai Sun master s20 hot water tank.
Is it normal for the hot water pressure to be half as much as the cold water? As you go from cold to really hot the pressure is substantially less

Hi Sean,

Thank you for the question. We would recommend contacting our experienced technical help desk on 1300 555 545 option 3.

Nick.Fasked

Sunmaster Flat Plate System

I have a Rinnai Sunmaster Flat Plate system installed in 1999.
What is the life expectancy of this system

Hi Nick.F,

Thanks for the question, in 1999 when your unit was installed Rinnai offered a 5 year warranty on the Sunmaster tank. However, Rinnai Australia are committed to continuous improvement and through innovation have enhanced the efficiency of the Sunmaster Flat Plate System which has sanctioned an extension of the warranty from 5 to 10 years on the Sunmaster tank.

If you are having trouble with your unit we would recommend booking a service call. Please refer to our website with the following link https://www.rinnai.com.au/support-resources/online-service-booking.

Nick.F

That does not really answer my question!
The unit is currently working fine,what I am asking is how long would you expect the unit to last! Ie life expectancy.

Hi Nick.F,

We cannot provide an exact age for life expectancy, due to a number of factors. Actual life can be impacted by water quality, usage and improper maintenance.

It is recommended that our customers regularly service their products to ensure optimal operation.

If you would like to organise a general service, please refer to our website with the following link:

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Michael V

Michael Vasked

Sunmaster Evacuated Tube System

Good Morning, we had this unit installed in our new build by our plumber in July last year (2018). Our gas bill is astronimcal all year round, $700 after discount during winter and around $400 during summer when the Hydronic isnt running. Is this normal as the only other gas device we use during summer would be the cooktop two or three nights a week? We have noticed the instantaneous running a lot,even during summer.

Hi Michael V,

Thank you for your question.

We would recommend contacting our technical help desk on 1300 555 545 Option 3 for detailed information in reference to the function of the hydronic system.

Alternatively, you can email the technical help desk on technical@rinnai.com.au

Joe A

Joe Aasked

Sunmaster Evacuated Tube System

Why dose my pump whine all day and night has done from new 2017 Evacuated 25 tube
Regards
Joe

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Joe A, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

Joe A

Joe Aasked

Regards
Joe

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Joe A, we would recommend speaking with our technical help desk on 1300 555 545 option 3

Richard L

There seems to be a fault in the system which allows the pump to run at night. My pump is very quiet

Lateasked

Sunmaster Range

our rinnai sunmaster solar hot water system is leaking from the outlet when i turn off the water supply on unit it continues to leak, however when i turn mains off it stops. Why isn't the valve on the hot water unit turning off water ?

Richard L

Where is the leak? I have 2 valves on the storage unit. One on the supply side and one on the discharge side. If you only turn off the one on the discharge side the unit will still be under pressure and might leak. In any event sounds like you need a plumber.

Late

thanks but don't really want a plumber on a sunday, surely you can turn water off to unit, without having whole house off as well

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the question Late. We would recommend speaking with our technical help desk who can offer further help on 1300 555 545 option 3 or technical@rinnai.com.au

Alex14

Alex14asked

Sunmaster Range

I have a Sunmaster hot water unit. I think the frost valve at rooftop solar panels is leaking water into the gutter drain pipes. Have organized service call from Rinnai but might be many days before someone is able to come. Meanwhile, is it safe for me to turn off power to the solar pump to stop the leak, relying on gas only to heat the water? Will doing this damage the panels?
Thank you.

Richard
Richard

I wouldn’t expect any water leakage from the rooftop unit. You would need confirmation from Rinnai about turning off the power to the circulating pump. I doubt turning off the pump will stop the leak

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Alex, turning off the pump will not stop the valves from leaking and may expose the unit to damage as you would be turning off the automatic frost protection for the unit. If you have not had the technician attend, please let us know and we will follow up for you.

Gang Wang

Gang Wangasked

Sunmaster Range

Hot water is available in kitchen, but I other areas, when turning on the tab for hot water, the water stops but if it is cold water, the water flows fine. What is the problem?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Gang Wang, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

Rinnai Australia

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives