Rinnai Sunmaster Range

Rinnai Sunmaster Range (page 2 of 2)

Flat Plate System, Evacuated Tube System, Close Coupled System

1.6

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed

Terrible

Panel exploded first time with frost. Could not get through to Rinnai for 4 days as their phones ring out. Then Rinnai tell me it is my fault for calling an independent plumber and paid the plumber. I am very ill and could not wait nearly a week just to get through to Rinnai and ask them to send a plumber to bypass the solar panel. 3 months later am s waiting for a panel Rinnai. Have asked Rinnai to upgrade me to evac tubes but again they are not talking to me. Perhaps I am too polite to them. Do not buy Rinnai

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Not Long Out of Warranty and Solar Panels Fail

Date PurchasedFeb 2009

Leo H

Leo H

Good system if installed properly

Hot water system works flawlessly once installation issue rectified. Temperature sensor wasn't installed properly and the pump ran all night. Once this was fixed it works great. Use very little gas boosting in summer. Always have hot water available.

After 9 years a record frost resulted in one of the panels leaking. I would have thought it's frost protected, so a plumber will have to come and check it. Hence only 4 stars. But overall, happy with the system.

Date PurchasedMay 2008
disrespected_dream

disrespected_dreamVictoria, 3027

Terrible service

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Solar hot water does not save money bad water pressure after install

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Sunmaster 215L

System works well when it has no faults! Minor problems I've had to date: Plastic non return valve built into system melted - not rated to handle the high temperatures (replaced with a 250deg external one). Bleed valve on collectors failed - replaced - expensive for what it is - bad design - needs to be more than what looks like a bicycle valve!. Hot sensor failed (three times open/intermittent) so pump runs at night cooling the hot water - defeats the purpose of solar hot water. Technical documentation regarding sensors (are they PTC or NTC & resistance change per degree of temperature) non existent and not forth coming from Rinnai (very frustrating) just buy an expensive new one from Rinnai! +$40, for a 50cent part!

Date PurchasedFeb 2010
GrumpyTechie
GrumpyTechie

Bleed valve crapped itself again after just one year in service! Going to replace it with a 3/8" brass ball valve - this is the option Rinnai should take and stop being cheapskates!

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Grumpy Techie. We'd like to help further with the information you are after. Can you please email enquiry@rinnai.com.au with your details, mentioning this review and we will have one of our technical staff contact you.

Wardie3

Wardie3Byron Bay

Pump runs nearly continuously

Too scared to call in a technician because of all the complaints and horror stories about the Rinnai Sunmaster tank system. Neighbor just replaced a Solahart rooftop system after 20 years uninterrupted service. Wishing we had done the same. Considering replacing the rattling pump and setting up a timer, but it sounds from another review like the tank may rust out prematurely too.

Date PurchasedMay 2013

Pump runs continuously

Pump runs continuously day and night, technician has been out and replaced the controller component, pump still running day and night. Technician is back today. Haven't heard outcome of today's visit yet. It seems as though this is a common problem with this unit, when I spoke with rinnai though they denied this was a common issue.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Cam t

Hi rinnai, thanks for the response. You can contact me on 0430490438 apparently the technician is attending today to attemp to fix the problem for the 3rd time

BrianHunter Region, NSW

Similar Problems to others - unreliable

Date PurchasedSep 2013
fitzy

fitzyballarat

Loss of Hot Water Pressure returned

Date PurchasedSep 2008

Solar hot water

Never buy one these stay away from rinnai ... during winter no hot water .. summer hot during day then cold in morning old solar hart had no problems for 25 years ... got bigger one for bigger family ... now been through 6 heater elements over 3 winters ... just blew another one then would like find the guys house who sold us this so i can go dump it on his lawn

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Jezza, we are sorry to hear the issues you have faced with your unit and would like to investigate this matter further for you. Can you please email enquiry@rinnai.com.au with your details and we can follow this up for you.

Problematic At Best

A new Sunmaster with evacuated tubes, no older than three months started to fail about 2 weeks ago and the installation plumber had a shot at repairing it but only made it worse. Started with the hot water spitting pretty violently and has now reached the point at where there is pretty much no flow at all. Called Rinnia service who subsequently called an agent who said we would have to wait 2 days for a service call. That will mean we are 4 days without hot water. I used to have a high opinion of Rinnia but would now like them to remove the system and will be asking them to do so, it is clearly not fit for purpose and their service arrangements are far from optimal.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Good Afternoon Roger, we are sorry to hear you have had issues with your unit. We'd like to investigate further if you could email me your details either through Product review or by emailing enquiry@rinnai.com.au and mention this review.

Garry B

Garry BCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

My Rinnai Sunmaster, what a waste of money

trucker1

trucker1

Rinnai sunmaster 315 - rusted out tank

My rinnai 315 sunmaster tank has corroded out. 5 years 2 months after install. Warranty is only 5 years. Rang rinnai to get their help - hoping for some goodwill support, maybe a discount on replacing it. Too sad, too bad mate, nothing we can do. The tanks are made in china - the vitreous enamel lining would have been poor quality - and it rusted out well before it should have. My last aussie made tank lasted 17 years. Same water quality, the only thing that has change is the poor quality materials used by rinnai. Now $1780 to replace the tank. That's $350 a year for 5 years. Would have been cheaper to forget solar all together, just pay the power bills, and have a hws that lasts for 10 years or something.

super69

super69AU

Poor quality system

Purchased gas boosted system 2009,cold showers in winter(be warned)overheats summer months spewing hot water out of the relief valve(unsafe). Unreliable and exspensive to fix.Next door installed at the same time and has had the same problems. The gas booster works poorly as the water is never hot just luke warm.

Cold showers during winter(temp set to low,fixed cannot adjust ) bad engineering,quality,unreliable .

GrahamMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Rip Off!

I had a similar experience as Chris. Quoted $690-00 for a replacement pump (labour cost $250-00 ) total $930-00. hunted round lowest price for the pump $530-00 inc GST. I have since found that a identical pump can be had for $196-00!!!!!!!!!!!!! I changed to Solar HWS to save money due to everincreasing power cost. & green house gas emissions In my opinion it would have been cheaper to stay normal HWS as the intial purchase cost plus the rip off price for a simple pump replacement far exceeds the benefits!

Very expensive maintenance

ChrisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awful system

After 2 years the pump has gone and they want to charge a fortune to have it fixed. A pump should be longer than two years, considering the expense of these products. Understand the 10 year warranty isn't valid for the pump (which has 2 years) but had no compassion from them, it's more just tough luck. They want to just bill you for the pump, plus $176 for the first 45 minutes, then $33 for every 15 minutes. Not a great way to treat a customer.

Pumps don't last.

hothouse

hothouseSydney

Unreliable solar hot water system

Chris

Very bad and unreliable product. After just over 2 years pump breaks and they want to charge you a fortune to repair. Stay away from Rinnai if you want peace of mind of a product.

See all Rinnai Sunmaster Range reviews

Peter L.

Peter L.asked

Sunmaster Range

how to turn of water to taps need to change tap washer regards Peter

Hi Peter L,

Thank you for your question. Please contact our Technical team on 1300 555 545 and they can assist you further.

Rinnai Australia

Dirk Aasked

Sunmaster Range

We have a brand new unit and we run out of hot water after 1 shower - how do we turn the thermostat up??

Bruce D.
Bruce D.

Hi Dirk, firstly, contact your plumber because he will know how to sort this out.
We have a tempering valve on the side of the hot water tank that allows you to adjust the temperature going into the house but that’s not going to sort out your problem.
Do you have solar panels or evacuated tubes connected to you hot water system?

solar panels

Hi Dirk A,

Thank you for your question.

Please contact our Technical team on 1300 555 545 Option 3 to discuss this further.

Rinnai Australia.

Alex J.

Alex J.asked

Sunmaster Range

I have a Rinnai Sunmaster 175 solar hot water system installed at my property. The pump began making noises and when I contacted Rinnai a sub contractor come out, checked it and advised that that pump needs to be replaced and is not under warranty. The pump is only under warranty for 1 year! I was also charge for the subbie to come out even though the issue wasn't fixed. The entire unit is only 2.5 years old from new! I contacted Rinnai to enquire about the statutory warranty for all products and the customer service person was not sure what I was talking about. I have checked the Consumer affairs website and in general terms it should be covered under the statutory warranty but I cannot find an exact timeframe. Can anyone here assist? It takes Rinnai days to get back to me and I do not feel I should be paying this bill!

Hi Alex J,

We have sent you a private message to discuss further.

Rinnai Australia

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives

Compare all 3 Rinnai Sunmaster Range