Rinnai Sunmaster Range

1.6

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed

Poor Quality

Rinnai Sunmaster tank installed as part of Hills evacuated tube solar hotwater system. Tank failed due to corrosion at cold water inlet and was replaced under warranty. Replacement tank has failed within warranty period due to corrosion at hot water inlet in the same manner as before. No advice on first warranty that our water quality was an issue. They are fitted i believe with sacrificial anodes. Warranty only covers one purchase not the quality of the product. Suspect poor quality metals being used at connection points.
Not worth wasting your money on, by something that's quality and compare warranty to purchase price.

Purchased in October 2012.

Noise Level
Household Size6 person(s)
Functionality
Temperature Consistency
Heating Speed

Hot Sensor Lead

The Hot Sensor Lead (20m) 31002715 has deteriorated after 5 years from the heat of the collector panels.
The 20m lead that is supplied by Rinnai is not heat rated. This is Speaker cable and not suitable for Hot Temp Probes. Silicone coated wire should be for the first meter then speaker cable (fig 8) will be fine.
There is no information in installation manual regarding the specs that the hot temp probe requires. I would like this so i can purchase a non generic brand.

Purchased in November 2014.

Pilot_pik

Pilot_pikMelbourne

Reported pump 3 times in last year - it still whines all night!!

I’ve reported that the pump on our Sunmaster 26 has been running all night 3 times since we moved into our new house 18 months ago. Rinnai tell me there’s nothing wrong when there clearly is. The pump whines all night. And you can hear it from our bedroom upstairs. It’s infuriating! Our guest room is downstairs on the adjoining wall and guests complain about the noise too. I do not recommend this system at all!!!!!!

I also fail to understand why the pump runs in the middle of the night. The electricity bill probably negates the benefit of having the panel in the first place.

Rinnai please take this seriously for once and do something about it!!

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Solar Water Heaters

Find out how Rinnai Sunmaster Range compares to other Solar Water Heaters

Ros

RosGeelong

Not Long Out of Warranty and Solar Panels Fail

Date PurchasedFeb 2009

Solar hot water does not save money bad water pressure after install

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Pump runs continuously

Pump runs continuously day and night, technician has been out and replaced the controller component, pump still running day and night. Technician is back today. Haven't heard outcome of today's visit yet. It seems as though this is a common problem with this unit, when I spoke with rinnai though they denied this was a common issue.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Cam t

Hi rinnai, thanks for the response. You can contact me on 0430490438 apparently the technician is attending today to attemp to fix the problem for the 3rd time

BrianHunter Region, NSW

Similar Problems to others - unreliable

Date PurchasedSep 2013
hothouse

hothouseSydney

Unreliable solar hot water system

Chris
Chris

Very bad and unreliable product. After just over 2 years pump breaks and they want to charge you a fortune to repair. Stay away from Rinnai if you want peace of mind of a product.

See all Rinnai Sunmaster Range reviews

Peter L.

Peter L.asked

Sunmaster Range

how to turn of water to taps need to change tap washer regards Peter

Hi Peter L,

Thank you for your question. Please contact our Technical team on 1300 555 545 and they can assist you further.

Rinnai Australia

Dirk Aasked

Sunmaster Range

We have a brand new unit and we run out of hot water after 1 shower - how do we turn the thermostat up??

Bruce D.
Bruce D.

Hi Dirk, firstly, contact your plumper because he will know how to sort this out.
We have a tempering valve on the side of the hot water tank that allows you to adjust the temperature going into the house but that’s not going to sort out your problem.
Do you have solar panels or evacuated tubes connected to you hot water system?

solar panels

Hi Dirk A,

Thank you for your question.

Please contact our Technical team on 1300 555 545 Option 3 to discuss this further.

Rinnai Australia.

Alex J.

Alex J.asked

Sunmaster Range

I have a Rinnai Sunmaster 175 solar hot water system installed at my property. The pump began making noises and when I contacted Rinnai a sub contractor come out, checked it and advised that that pump needs to be replaced and is not under warranty. The pump is only under warranty for 1 year! I was also charge for the subbie to come out even though the issue wasn't fixed. The entire unit is only 2.5 years old from new! I contacted Rinnai to enquire about the statutory warranty for all products and the customer service person was not sure what I was talking about. I have checked the Consumer affairs website and in general terms it should be covered under the statutory warranty but I cannot find an exact timeframe. Can anyone here assist? It takes Rinnai days to get back to me and I do not feel I should be paying this bill!

Hi Alex J,

We have sent you a private message to discuss further.

Rinnai Australia

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives

Compare all 3 Rinnai Sunmaster Range