Rinnai Sunmaster Range

1.6

Geoff

GeoffPerth, WA

Warranty periods and labour costs

Date PurchasedJan 2012
    Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the positive review Geoff. We are pleased to have been able to assist you.

RFitzy

RFitzyMelbourne

Working well in bad frost area. Be mindful of flat solar panels from any supplier in frost prone are

Date PurchasedSep 2017
    Leo H

Leo H

Good system if installed properly

Hot water system works flawlessly once installation issue rectified. Temperature sensor wasn't installed properly and the pump ran all night. Once this was fixed it works great. Use very little gas boosting in summer. Always have hot water available.

After 9 years a record frost resulted in one of the panels leaking. I would have thought it's frost protected, so a plumber will have to come and check it. Hence only 4 stars. But overall, happy with the system.

Date PurchasedMay 2008
    Solar Water Heaters

Find out how Rinnai Sunmaster Range compares to other Solar Water Heaters

Sunmaster 215L

System works well when it has no faults! Minor problems I've had to date: Plastic non return valve built into system melted - not rated to handle the high temperatures (replaced with a 250deg external one). Bleed valve on collectors failed - replaced - expensive for what it is - bad design - needs to be more than what looks like a bicycle valve!. Hot sensor failed (three times open/intermittent) so pump runs at night cooling the hot water - defeats the purpose of solar hot water. Technical documentation regarding sensors (are they PTC or NTC & resistance change per degree of temperature) non existent and not forth coming from Rinnai (very frustrating) just buy an expensive new one from Rinnai! +$40, for a 50cent part!

Date PurchasedFeb 2010
    GrumpyTechie
    GrumpyTechie

Bleed valve crapped itself again after just one year in service! Going to replace it with a 3/8" brass ball valve - this is the option Rinnai should take and stop being cheapskates!

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Grumpy Techie. We'd like to help further with the information you are after. Can you please email enquiry@rinnai.com.au with your details, mentioning this review and we will have one of our technical staff contact you.

See all Rinnai Sunmaster Range reviews

Peter L.

Peter L.asked

Sunmaster Range

how to turn of water to taps need to change tap washer regards Peter

Hi Peter L,

Thank you for your question. Please contact our Technical team on 1300 555 545 and they can assist you further.

Rinnai Australia

Dirk Aasked

Sunmaster Range

We have a brand new unit and we run out of hot water after 1 shower - how do we turn the thermostat up??

Bruce D.
    Bruce D.

Hi Dirk, firstly, contact your plumber because he will know how to sort this out.
    We have a tempering valve on the side of the hot water tank that allows you to adjust the temperature going into the house but that’s not going to sort out your problem.
    Do you have solar panels or evacuated tubes connected to you hot water system?

solar panels

Hi Dirk A,

Thank you for your question.

Please contact our Technical team on 1300 555 545 Option 3 to discuss this further.

Rinnai Australia.

Alex J.

Alex J.asked

Sunmaster Range

I have a Rinnai Sunmaster 175 solar hot water system installed at my property. The pump began making noises and when I contacted Rinnai a sub contractor come out, checked it and advised that that pump needs to be replaced and is not under warranty. The pump is only under warranty for 1 year! I was also charge for the subbie to come out even though the issue wasn't fixed. The entire unit is only 2.5 years old from new! I contacted Rinnai to enquire about the statutory warranty for all products and the customer service person was not sure what I was talking about. I have checked the Consumer affairs website and in general terms it should be covered under the statutory warranty but I cannot find an exact timeframe. Can anyone here assist? It takes Rinnai days to get back to me and I do not feel I should be paying this bill!

Hi Alex J,

We have sent you a private message to discuss further.

Rinnai Australia

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives

Compare all 3 Rinnai Sunmaster Range