Rinnai Sunmaster Range
See the Best Solar Water Heaters in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Rinnai

1.6
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed
Penny L.
Penny L.The Mallee, VIC

Need a long term outloook

Our Sunmaster solar system wjth Rinnai 20 booster did not work when we bought the house. It was 12 years old. The pump was no longer working and the cost to replace the pump was not viable on an old tank. The cost to replace the total system of near $5k when we intended to sell the house within 5 yrs did not stack up. We opted for Rinnai B26 Continuous Flow unit and threw the solar out. Assessment unless you have a big family and hold the house for 10 years not worth the outlay for solar. It doesn't work your heater and thats the biggest cost with gas.

Poor Quality

Rinnai Sunmaster tank installed as part of Hills evacuated tube solar hotwater system. Tank failed due to corrosion at cold water inlet and was replaced under warranty. Replacement tank has failed within warranty period due to corrosion at hot water inlet in the same manner as before. No advice on first warranty that our water quality was an issue. They are fitted i believe with sacrificial anodes. Warranty only covers one purchase not the quality of the product. Suspect poor quality metals being used at connection points.
Not worth wasting your money on, by something that's quality and compare warranty to purchase price.

Purchased in October 2012.

Joe
JoeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Hot Sensor Lead

The Hot Sensor Lead (20m) 31002715 has deteriorated after 5 years from the heat of the collector panels.
The 20m lead that is supplied by Rinnai is not heat rated. This is Speaker cable and not suitable for Hot Temp Probes. Silicone coated wire should be for the first meter then speaker cable (fig 8) will be fine.
There is no information in installation manual regarding the specs that the hot temp probe requires. I would like this so i can purchase a non generic brand.

Purchased in November 2014.

Pilot_pik
Pilot_pikMelbourne

Reported pump 3 times in last year - it still whines all night!!

I’ve reported that the pump on our Sunmaster 26 has been running all night 3 times since we moved into our new house 18 months ago. Rinnai tell me there’s nothing wrong when there clearly is. The pump whines all night. And you can hear it from our bedroom upstairs. It’s infuriating! Our guest room is downstairs on the adjoining wall and guests complain about the noise too. I do not recommend this system at all!!!!!!

I also fail to understand why the pump runs in the middle of the night. The electricity bill probably negates the benefit of having the panel in the first place.

Rinnai please take this seriously for once and do something about it!!

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Solar Water Heaters

Find out how Rinnai Sunmaster Range compares to other Solar Water Heaters

Ros
RosVictoria

Not Long Out of Warranty and Solar Panels Fail

Date PurchasedFeb 2009

Solar hot water does not save money bad water pressure after install

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Pump runs continuously

Pump runs continuously day and night, technician has been out and replaced the controller component, pump still running day and night. Technician is back today. Haven't heard outcome of today's visit yet. It seems as though this is a common problem with this unit, when I spoke with rinnai though they denied this was a common issue.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Cam t

Hi rinnai, thanks for the response. You can contact me on 0430490438 apparently the technician is attending today to attemp to fix the problem for the 3rd time

Cam t

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019

Solar Water Heaters

Find out how Rinnai Sunmaster Range compares to other Solar Water Heaters

hothouse
hothouseSydney

Unreliable solar hot water system

Chris
Chris

Very bad and unreliable product. After just over 2 years pump breaks and they want to charge you a fortune to repair. Stay away from Rinnai if you want peace of mind of a product.

Tim A.
Tim A.asked
Sunmaster Range

Hi there. I have a sun master with a gas boost. Every time I go out to see if it’s working the it’s not even when the sun is at its best. I check the display and it says pump fail. The C hot temps say 13 degrees and the T hot temp is 130 degree. I rang your technical team and instructed me to turn the dial up a little due to water not moving through quick enough and boiling in the panel I did months ago and the problem constantly keeps happening. So I call the other day and was told that they know of the problem that it goes into fault when it shouldn’t and that someone has to come around and re program my unit. He put me through to service and they instruct me I have to pay for someone to come around to fix it due to it been over a year old. If you know of a problem then why hasn’t anyone contacted me or my plumber to fix it.

Hi Tim A,
Thank you for your question.

As mentioned by the Rinnai 1st Care team, to be able to assess the unit in question, Rinnai would need to attend site to diagnose the issue. They will then discuss with you what the next steps are and if required they can call our Field Support team from on site if they need further assistance.

The 1st Care team can be contacted on 1300 555 545 to arrange a booking.

Rinnai Australia

Anthony
Anthonyasked
Sunmaster Range

Hi, I have a Rinnai Sunmaster. Recently, the solar panel started leaking. I had a plumber come out to help and he found that the solar pump had not been turned on since installation. Would not having the solar pump turned on result in the failure of the solar panel? Thanks, Anthony

Hi Anthony,
Thanks for the question.

We would recommend contacting our Technical team on 1300 555 545 for further advice.

Rinnai Australia.

Jason
Jasonasked
Sunmaster Range

I’ve noticed no noise coming from the Rinnai Pump Assembly Model No. 39001747 for the Solar S26, previously there was a ‘ticking’ sound. Is this normal? Is there something I can check on to ensure the pump assembly is working correctly? Thanks

Hi Jason,
Thanks for the question, when the pump is operating it will make a whirring electrical sound. If there is no noise check the power point is turned on or open the PTR Valve to see if the tank is hot, if not the pump may be faulty.

Please contact our 1st care service on 1300 555 545 for a service booking.

Thanks,
Rinnai Australia

See all Rinnai Sunmaster Range questions

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives

Rinnai Sunmaster Range