Rinnai Sunmaster Range
See the Best Solar Water Heaters in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Rinnai

1.6
    Geoff
    GeoffPerth, WA

Warranty periods and labour costs

Date PurchasedJan 2012
    Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the positive review Geoff. We are pleased to have been able to assist you.

RFitzy
    RFitzyMelbourne

Working well in bad frost area. Be mindful of flat solar panels from any supplier in frost prone are

Date PurchasedSept 2017
    Leo H
    Leo H

Good system if installed properly

Hot water system works flawlessly once installation issue rectified. Temperature sensor wasn't installed properly and the pump ran all night. Once this was fixed it works great. Use very little gas boosting in summer. Always have hot water available.

After 9 years a record frost resulted in one of the panels leaking. I would have thought it's frost protected, so a plumber will have to come and check it. Hence only 4 stars. But overall, happy with the system.

Date PurchasedMay 2008

Sunmaster 215L

System works well when it has no faults! Minor problems I've had to date: Plastic non return valve built into system melted - not rated to handle the high temperatures (replaced with a 250deg external one). Bleed valve on collectors failed - replaced - expensive for what it is - bad design - needs to be more than what looks like a bicycle valve!. Hot sensor failed (three times open/intermittent) so pump runs at night cooling the hot water - defeats the purpose of solar hot water. Technical documentation regarding sensors (are they PTC or NTC & resistance change per degree of temperature) non existent and not forth coming from Rinnai (very frustrating) just buy an expensive new one from Rinnai! +$40, for a 50cent part!

Date PurchasedFeb 2010
    GrumpyTechie
    GrumpyTechie

Bleed valve crapped itself again after just one year in service! Going to replace it with a 3/8" brass ball valve - this is the option Rinnai should take and stop being cheapskates!

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Grumpy Techie. We'd like to help further with the information you are after. Can you please email enquiry@rinnai.com.au with your details, mentioning this review and we will have one of our technical staff contact you.

Solar Water Heaters

Date PurchasedSept 2008

Tim A.
    Tim A.asked
    Sunmaster Range

Hi there. I have a sun master with a gas boost. Every time I go out to see if it’s working the it’s not even when the sun is at its best. I check the display and it says pump fail. The C hot temps say 13 degrees and the T hot temp is 130 degree. I rang your technical team and instructed me to turn the dial up a little due to water not moving through quick enough and boiling in the panel I did months ago and the problem constantly keeps happening. So I call the other day and was told that they know of the problem that it goes into fault when it shouldn’t and that someone has to come around and re program my unit. He put me through to service and they instruct me I have to pay for someone to come around to fix it due to it been over a year old. If you know of a problem then why hasn’t anyone contacted me or my plumber to fix it.

Hi Tim A,
    Thank you for your question.

As mentioned by the Rinnai 1st Care team, to be able to assess the unit in question, Rinnai would need to attend site to diagnose the issue. They will then discuss with you what the next steps are and if required they can call our Field Support team from on site if they need further assistance.

The 1st Care team can be contacted on 1300 555 545 to arrange a booking.

Rinnai Australia

Anthony
    Anthonyasked
    Sunmaster Range

Hi, I have a Rinnai Sunmaster. Recently, the solar panel started leaking. I had a plumber come out to help and he found that the solar pump had not been turned on since installation. Would not having the solar pump turned on result in the failure of the solar panel? Thanks, Anthony

Hi Anthony,
    Thanks for the question.

We would recommend contacting our Technical team on 1300 555 545 for further advice.

Rinnai Australia.

Jason
    Jasonasked
    Sunmaster Range

I’ve noticed no noise coming from the Rinnai Pump Assembly Model No. 39001747 for the Solar S26, previously there was a ‘ticking’ sound. Is this normal? Is there something I can check on to ensure the pump assembly is working correctly? Thanks

Hi Jason,
    Thanks for the question, when the pump is operating it will make a whirring electrical sound. If there is no noise check the power point is turned on or open the PTR Valve to see if the tank is hot, if not the pump may be faulty.

Please contact our 1st care service on 1300 555 545 for a service booking.

Thanks,
    Rinnai Australia

See all Rinnai Sunmaster Range questions

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives

Rinnai Sunmaster Range