Rivergum Homes Questions & Answers

17 questions from our users

Ken J.
Ken J.asked
SA

Whats the price for a small one bedroom granny flat in mannum sa

Rivergum H.Rivergum HomesSend a private message

Hi Ken J, could you send your contact details through to onlinereviews@rivergumhomes.com.au and I will get one of the team to give you a call back about this. Have a great day. Kind Regards GE

Marie
Marieasked
Rivergum Homes

Is it standard that insulation is installed throughout a new build?

Arron L
Arron L
K.Jay
K.Jayasked
Rivergum Homes

Why are your sales staff so blunt and undermine customers? I made an inquiry and the sales person send me a PDF link to complete For an estimate. That crap document does not work, tried windows And then Mac , still doesn’t work. Seeing the reviews the way customers are ignored I am not suprised, but this is sales inquiry. Will keep away. Imagine what happpens if I do sign up, hope it’s not race trigger.

Hi K.Jay,
We are sorry to hear you have had this experience and will pass on this feedback to our Sales Manager. If you would like further assistance please email customercare@rivergumhomes.com.au.
Kind Regards
Customer Care

ABGasked
SA

What is insulation like on your homes? I.e., how quickly do they heat up in summer and cool down in winter? Are your homes designed with the environment and electricity bills in mind?

Markus
Markus

Thanks Markus!

Jenny
Jennyasked

Hi,
We built at turn-key investment property town house in 2012. In 2015, the hot water service went & wasn't claimable under warranty or insurance. The brand was DUX. The plumber suggested it was an inferior product & that he has replaced many of this brand. We had to pay for a full replacement of a new unit (we did not re-install a DUX system).
2019, our ducted reverse system airconditioner has now gone, again, out of warranty & not claimable on insurance. The air cond tech made comment that the Prelude brand installed was not a known brand & they are unable to get parts. For a 7 year old home, we are not impressed. Can you please advise the best person I can make contact with to discuss.
Thanks,
Jenny

Richard Weeks

We moved in on May 13. The issue with the hot water service was the plumber failing to tighten the 2 connecting nuts. We haven't installed an air conditioner so I am sorry that I am unable to help, particularly if it is past warranty.
Richard

ozinhk
ozinhkasked
Rivergum Homes

what are their transportable homes like for finished quality and any problems locating one on hindmarsh island?

Richard Weeks

I haven't had any experience with their transportables, but I believe they are now gearing up to do more.
Richard

Renae Cliff
Renae Cliffasked
Rivergum Homes

Hi, I have now sent three emails and still no action from our list from our final walk through.
Looking forward to someone getting in contact with me regarding this.
Paul and Renae

Mary M
Mary M

Hi Renae. Have you tried speaking with your construction supervisor direct?

Barbara
Barbaraasked
Rivergum Homes

Can you tell me if we can get the $2,000 deposit We paid to rivergum back please. I was told we are not elligible for FHOG so unable to go ahead with house plans and this had left us financially short as we were told FHOG was not going to be a problem. Is there a way to retrieve this?

Danni 2
Danni 2asked
Rivergum Homes

Do you build granny flats?

Kerry
Kerryasked
Rivergum Homes

Hi on the price list it says connected not connected connected standard connected premium what does this mean please?

Hi Kerry

Please call our customer care team on 1800 697 483 and they will put you in touch with a sales consultant to discuss and advise you on each of the options.

nickispa
nickispaasked
Rivergum Homes

How much extra in upgrades did everyone roughly pay above the base house price?

Ktt
Kttasked
Rivergum Homes

Has anyone had to go into a complaint resolution process?

Amy N
Amy N
scorpio
scorpio

i am still waiting for a response from RG on my home and been told i may need to engage a engineer and legal team

Peti babic
Peti babicasked
Rivergum Homes

Do you build in Sydney? Our land is in Oatley in Sydney. We want a cottage sunrise look, single or double storey with 3 bedrooms, study. Land is about 10m in width and about 14metres in length.

Hello Peti Babic

We are not currently building in Sydney. We appreciate your enquiry and wish you the best with building your home. Kind regards, Rivergum Homes

Ash_B
Ash_Basked

Hi All,
We are planning to build our first home (Land total 459SM, 15SM width) and looking for builder with no surprise coast! We want 3 bedroom house with double garage and study. We are renting at the moment so looking for guaranteed build time as well. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

C&B
C&Basked
Rivergum Homes

We are looking at building our first home and have started researching land prices and advertised builder's prices for homes. We partcularly like Rivergum designs. Can someone please tell me the likely hidden costs to build compared to advertised price of the house in addition to the cost of the land?
For example if the land is $200k and a house selection we like is $150k, besides stamp duty and fees how much over the $350k would it likely to be.
We are just so wary about starting the project for costs to blowout and therefore the loan not be serviceable.

ken Holtham
ken Holthamasked
Rivergum Homes

We have a 2 story rivergum home. About 9 yrs old. A few tiles in the upstairs ensuite floor are loose/lifted. I took one up & have found what looks like loose builders sand underneath. I can send photos. The tile has a 2-3 ml of screed /Glue attached which obviously isnt sufficiently strong. I dont understand why they wouldnt be attached to a solid underfloor like cement sheeting? Would you please advise.
Ken Holtham

Scotty
Scottyasked
Rivergum Homes

Hi all. Im in the process of sub dividing my property and currently in negotiations with Rivergum homes to possibly build 2 Aspens on my land..This is my first time to do anything like this and was just wondering if someone could tell me if I should be pushing hard to get a better price for building 2 at the same time next to each other. It seems that the price quoted for each is not really different building 1 on its own.. As they would be built simultaneously I thought maybe there would be some savings on building the 2 together.

Could anyone enlighten me if I should be pushing negotiations harder?

Thanks in advance.