RoamingSIM

RoamingSIM (page 2 of 3)

See the Best Travel SIMs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Absolutely Awful

Terrible product that rarely works and even when it does drops out recurrently. Picks up about one in ten calls made to it. Bought a data pack that did not work so a complete waste of money. Gave up using it and simply bought a sim in each new country

Just doesn't work

RussellMelbourne

Useless

gtsrob

gtsrob

Would not work when I needed it

Could not use in Delhi Airport when my driver had not arrived, or Pathumwan Princess Hotel in Bangkok, as no carrier could be found in either auto or manual on a Nokia E71. For some reason it also used $30 of data (I didn't use this as we had wifi in hotel that I used with my ipad). I made 1 short call, data, and 9 SMS messages for $90 cost. Whilst the charges were meant to be in $30 AUD lots, they were charged in euros, from Cork, and with foreign exchange credit card charges, both payments were over $30. I have $28 credit owing which I am trying to redeem. Frustrating, time wasting, expensive and did not do the job, in my case, so could not possibly recommend this product.

Atrocious

Terrible Service

make_a_change

make_a_changeAU

Waste of money for RoamingSim/RoamingData ($50 starter pack)

Did not work when I used it overseas. I bought the $50 RoamingSim from Officeworks, which was the cheapes of the RoamingData packs. I ended up buying a Metfone Sim card (put $25 on it) which was super cheap and lasted me two weeks - then even gave it to relative when I left the country. They are still using it to call me from South East Asia to Victoria!

Expensive, did not work, inefficient, difficult to register the sim.

Charliecarman

CharliecarmanMelbourne

Rip off merchants

Gigi51

Gigi51Melbourne

RoamingSIM plus - new sim - saved a fortune and no prefix's to dial

Chews through credit

Absolutely chews through your credit.
I have been away for 3 weeks and used over $100 on 3-4 phone calls. Absolute rubbish.
I'm going to buy a local SIM card in the UK so I don't have to keep flushing money down the toilet.
There are far better international travel sims out there, this is not the company to go with.

Incredibly expensive, my Internet didn't work and the customer support never responded to my enquiry. The website offers 'bundles' but it is not stated how to purchase them.

John C W

John C WBrisbane

Poor product/service

I purchased a $129 Sim for my iPad 3G, prior to a trip to Europe. I used it very sparingly and for GPS navigation it was worse than useless. The maps loaded so slowly it was a fruitless exercise. It chewed through my $130 so quickly for so little use I am utterly disgusted with it's perfornance. A bloody waste of money. I had a wonderful EuroTRip, no thanks to Roaming Sim.

Susan M

Susan MAU

Disastrous

After paying $49.95 and adding $25 credit before departure I managed to get one phone call out of it. nobody could reach me and I coudn't contact anyone either. It was a complete waste of money. My sister had much the same problem. I will never use it again. Bought a Spanish sim 3 weeks later for 10 euros and it worked without any problem. Roamingsim is a complete disaster.
Nothing
It didn't work so was very expensive.

Unreliable

jackdemon

jackdemonMelbourne

A great business tool

I have been using a roaming sim during the last three of my overseas trips. Previously I had used roaming on my mobile and always came back with high bills to pay. As a regular travel i find this has helped me reduce my costs. I upgraded to the latest sim card on my last trip and found it much improved with some better rates and easier dialing. If you are running your own business and travel overseas this is a must have solution to staying in contact. Would suggest becoming familiar with how the service works before travelling as my first trip it took me a few days.
Rates compared to roaming, one number for all countries, pre-paid.
Would be good to have a data counter for use on the ipad to save logging in to view credit balance.

Micaela

MicaelaSydney

Lifesaver in Fiji Islands

Amazing that the signal strength reaches all over the island. Used it for Geocaching and works well with GPS and maps. Received work calls :( but all well. Calls out were clear to transport so thumbs up!! Looking forward to the on ward journey to Singapore and then USA. Wish USA rates were cheaper.
Not cheap here but cheaper than my provider
Was down but up again. USA ex

what's the point!

have had endless problems with this sim whilst roaming in Europe. in fact am so p'ed off that I am sitting in Milan on the wifi writing this because it just doesn't work! have spoken to "technical Support" and apparently they have technical issues ( ??) read we don tknow why it's not working. My advice is just buy a sim in the UK and use that. My wife paid $20 for a sim at Heathrow and its worked fine all the time we have been traveling whereas I have "no service"
nice idea
pity it doesn't work

waldi

waldi

Technically haphazard - depends on where you are!

Scape

ScapeLondon, United Kingdom

Forget about it for receiving data on a lap top

I purchased a twin pack with 2X sims. The one installed in my mobile & used for voice calls was acceptable. When the other was installed into my unlocked Huawei was a disaster., Connection was made but no internet access. Technical Support was useless while sales support were friendly but with no technical knowledge. Take care if you venture down this pathway.

Data connection , technical support

Don't bother!

On three occassions my credit was used up - there system claimed that my calls lasted between 5 - 7 hours! The first time this took place they told me that it would take 4 days for them to refund my credit back. The only way to contact them is to use your "normal" phone as they don't have toll free number to call them on, the best part is they tell you that they can't call you...because you have no credit!
Inexpensive when it did work
No toll free tech support, false call times that use up all your credit

scwarrensmith

scwarrensmithAU

Poor service in every respect

Capital

CapitalSOUTH BRISBANE

Not worth using

If you are using this service for data say for an iPod just don't bother. It would be much cheaper to buy a prepaid sim when you arrive even if you are only visiting for a few days

Here are some of my charges
$75.00 for 6000kbs !
If you complain they just say all our prices are on our web page so what are you complaining about
Worst value product I have used

Expensive, very very expensive.

Dissatisfied

Dissatisfiedasked

How can I get a refund?

Kpow54
Kpow54

I had no success with either a credit or a refund when I approached the company about the SIM charging at extortionate rates and leaving me with a few cents in balance after one phone call for five minutes from Bali to Perth. The product is dreadful and the company is bad news.

David S
David S

I was able to send them screen shots of the call details from my iPhone which clearly contradicted their itemised account. The problem is that the rubbish system they have to lodge complaints takes days to get any resolution and, by the time you keep going back and forth you miss half of your holiday. I just gave up in the end and stopped using the product except in an emergency. Good luck.

CategoryTravel SIMs and Physical Shops