RoamingSIM

RoamingSIM (page 3 of 3)

2.1

Overcharged to the max and website fails to allow access to my call history

I installed the sim with $20 credit and after receiving one 5 minute phone call had only $5.08 credit left. The listed call rate to receive calls in Japan from Australia is 0.16 per minute. I am able to log on to my account but when I try to view my call history I receive a technical error message. This was not a cheap service with a $40 set up fee and ongoing fees of $8 per month for Australian phone number rental... plus call fees which have been exorbitant for me.

Overcharged and no access to my call details

What a terrible and costly experience!

grahamp

grahampGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor Service and does not work reliably

I purchased two Iphone Sims and one Ipad sim for use in France and Italy thinking it would be more convernient than buying Local Sim cards. I found that the "cheaper" call back option did not work and thus could only use the "direct" option that used up a lot more credit. Even then I could not make reliable calls with it. The Ipad Sim failed to work after a small amount of usage. When I returned to Australia and voiced my concerns over these Products I was basically ignored. There is still credit on them and I was not even offered a refund of that. I would stay away from this product totally and spend the extra time in getting local Sim cards as I did on my previous Europe trip. A ripoff.

Expensive Rates and did not even work reliably

Travel SIMs

Find out how RoamingSIM compares to other Travel SIMs

Didn't work in Singapore

Multiple contacts with help desk
    Very nice, but no ability to fix after 5 days
    Phone recognizes networks but will not connect
    Phone connects with other sims so the is a problem with the service!!!!
    This is looking like a real waste of money - frustrating as the sim worked while in Australia, and the caims sound good

Doesn't work

TDM

TDMMELBOURNE

A satisfactory experience

Recently used the Roamingsim in UK, France & Italy over a 2-month period calling Oz every few days. In general, it worked well for making either direct or callback calls, and for receiving incoming calls directly to the UK number and via the local (Melbourne) number. The only problems were with callback sometimes not working in Italy, but these seemed to be when it had selected Wind as the local carrier, as forcing the phone to select TIM or Voda solved the issue. Overall we saved heaps by having family call us on the local number, despite the relatively high setup cost of the Roamingsim.
    The link to a local number, the roamingsim website

elynsynos

elynsynosSYDNEY

Went to Thailand and Malaysia for my summer holidays and it was the best thing ever

Used the roamingsim service when I was in THailand and Malaysia with local numbers assigned to it and worked like a charm. Great thing about it is that I can recharge online and manage my usage (including data) through the online site and not having to look for a local store to do my recharge.
    Only 1 sim required for all countries, online recharge, can use for data/internet
    As with everything in this world pricing could be cheaper

983101SYDNEY

Love it! saves me a lot

I'm a frequent traveller, so with this sim helps me a lot. I have so far saved over $1000 compared with just using my local telco company. And because I also need to access the internet on my mobile, I get to use internet without having the trouble to find a hotspot
    Simple, Save money

JerryQuinn

JerryQuinnBRISBANE

Thanks - Data connection was great in remote areas

Installed on my iPad and paid something like $300 altogether. Bought the datapack but I wish I knew about the bundle plan before...could have saved more. I am sure my Optus bill would have been way pass 4 figures. Romania had a weaker signal but overall in Europe was great!! Waiting on my next trip!
    Data plan was very cheap in comparison to what I would have been charged
    Some countries have weaker signal but thats expected

Brendo11

Brendo11ADELAIDE

What a suprise!

Just returned from a business trip to NZ. I took my HTC and IPad and used a Roaming SIM in both. The phone worked perfectly and the call quality was surprising. I had been told by a friend who used a similar product that call quality was hopeless, with major latency. The best thing was the local Perth number I was given with the SIM. My colleagues and family were charged local call rates and my SIM was charged a small incoming call rate. I was able to use the iPad whenever I could not access WiFi, and cost be barley anything to check emails.
    Savings, qulaity of calls

Travel SIMs

Find out how RoamingSIM compares to other Travel SIMs

Poor Customer Service

The 24/7 customer service number in Australia is not connected.
    After 4 hours my email request is not answered.
    Simply, the SM card doesn't have my unique phone number on it.
    The directions clearly say that my new number is on the SIM card.
    How can I use it without contacting the RoamingSIM card tech service ?
    I hope when I do eventually get connected, it works.
    Great web site, but poor service so far.
    If they improve, and when I return from Europe, I have a good service, I will change this very poor rating.
    Beautiful web site.
    Poor documentation and very few distributors.

Dissatisfied

Dissatisfiedasked

How can I get a refund?

Kpow54
    Kpow54

I had no success with either a credit or a refund when I approached the company about the SIM charging at extortionate rates and leaving me with a few cents in balance after one phone call for five minutes from Bali to Perth. The product is dreadful and the company is bad news.

David S
    David S

I was able to send them screen shots of the call details from my iPhone which clearly contradicted their itemised account. The problem is that the rubbish system they have to lodge complaints takes days to get any resolution and, by the time you keep going back and forth you miss half of your holiday. I just gave up in the end and stopped using the product except in an emergency. Good luck.

Other Travel SIMs