Robinhood RLES61

1.6

Bradley

BradleyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worked fine until it fell apart but then was replaced through great customer service and working fine again.

The range hood was installed in 2016 just before we purchased the house. Late 2017 we noticed pieces of plastic breaking off around the screw before long the plastic holding the screw cracked off and the whole front left side of the slide now hangs down. still works but the oil drips down towards the broken section due to gravity. After writing this review I was contacted by a friend customer service team that discussed my issues and offered to repair or replace. Replacement range hood arrived 2 days later and I installed it. So happy to have a working rangehood again and couldn't be happier with the service provided would definitely buy again with confidence if there is an issue they will rectify it.

Purchased in January 2016 for $179.00.

Alexis P.Robinhood

Good morning Bradley, great to hear that you are happy with the outcome and the service provided by our customer care team. Thanks the team at Robinhood.

SmathsSydney

A piece of junk only worth putting in the rubbish

The description and dimensions sound fine, and this is about where it all ends. These things are complete pieces of junk, come with missing parts/pieces which are essential to installation, and if you buy one from bunnings, forget about having any customer support afterwards. Save yourself time and money by just chucking close to $200 in the bin. It's honestly much easier, less stress and will likely make the same amount of difference to your kitchen when trying to extract cooking oils/air.

Give yourself a break and just don't buy one and particularly not from bunnings.

Purchased in September 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $159.00.

Jaysee

JayseeSydney, NSW

Has Worked Okay

This range hood has been installed in our kitchen for nearly 25 years. Until recently we haven’t had a minute’s trouble with it. It clears the kitchen of smoke and stove top fumes even when the fan is set on low (any higher fan setting is too loud). Last week one of the plastic pieces around the screws disintegrated so the unit now hangs down on the left side. Given how long we’ve had it I guess I can’t complain. The unit is probably at the end of its useful life. I’ll replace it with a better quality one. The plastic part showed me the unit is cheaply made.

Purchased in January 1995.

Felecia BSouth East Queensland, QLD

All was good until the plastic slowly disintegrated

PaulaWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Useless frustrating appliance. DO NOT BUY ROBINHOOD

Plastic around screws disintegrates and now have a piece of plastic broken off around screws and wonder if grease being pulled up into appliance... extremely hard to remove filters for cleaning. No clips to loose them off . Just too difficult a product to manage. Will definitely consider another brand with simpler operation.

Date PurchasedOct 2011
Alexis P.Robinhood

Good morning Paula, as advised our customer service team logged a warranty service call to assist with the removal of the filters after discussion with you on Wednesday. Please advise if this has not been done.

Paula

Hi yes thank you, the service agent was here yesterday and took photo and was going to send a report to you about the rangehood. Will wait to hear from him. Paula

Alexis P.Robinhood

Hi there Paula, so happy we were able to reach a satisfactory outcome for you.

MariejeanneCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Replacement product under review

I have had 2 Robinhood rangehoods. Both had the same problem others have posted about on this site.
After posting a review about my Robinhood slide out range hood problems, i have been contacted hy a Robinhood representative who has offered to replace my broken one with a new improved model.
will report my findings on it.
Very professional approach to this problem.

Thanks to Alexy from Robinhood for the replacement.

Date PurchasedApr 2015
Alexis P.Robinhood

Hi there Mariejeanne , thanks for the feedback we will pass your valuable comments on to our marketing department.

Nell

NellNarooma

Just the worst

Date PurchasedApr 2013
Clementsons

ClementsonsPerth WA

This is our third one

We have had 3 of these units burn out in 4 years! No problems with wiring. Just a terrible unit with continual problems. Our electricians say its too unecomonical to repair so they have replaced it with a new one. And they keep burning out. Stay clear of this at all costs!!!

Date PurchasedJune 2015
BeeBee

BeeBee

Horrifying.

After a few months of use, the plastic holding the screws in just crumbled and broke off. It didn't snap, it wasn't mistreated - the plastic simply crumbled like sand and fell apart. This is a new build kitchen, and has not even been used for 4 months, and the manufacturer has suggested that we broke it on purpose and that he has never had this problem before. Looking at other reviews of this product, that is hard to believe.

This is a defective product, and the quality of manufacturing materials is absolute rubbish. Don't waste your time or money!!

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Absolute Rubbish

The plastic around the front self tapping screws broke. Was about 1 week out of warranty and I contacted the distributor who requested full details which I supplied with photos and after three emails no reply at all. E mailed Robin Hood on their web site which was also a complete waste of time as no reply from them. Customer relations of the manufacturer and the distributor are as poor as their product.

Date PurchasedJan 2014
Steve

Steve

Ugh. This range-hood sucks, and not in a good way

As others have noted, this model has a major design flaw where the self-tapping screws weaken the plastic frame, so the entire thing just falls off the wall. This has happened twice - the first time they fixed it under warranty, this time I'm chucking it in the bin and buying something decent.

Oh, and even when it's not broken, it doesn't do anything. Our fire alarm goes off pretty much every time we cook.

Highly disappointed

Like others, I had to buy a replacement, as the self-tapping screws broke through the plastic fascia. Now the second one has broken in the same way after only a year, which means, theoretically, it is still under warranty. Let's see if the company will replace it or return my money.

Ace

Ace

Terrible

I have had to buy two Robin 600mm slideout range hoods now because they keep breaking when the plastic around the front self tapping screws gives way which cases the slideout part just to hangdown until it eventually breaks off. Pretty disappointed in what should be a reputable brand. Now looking to buy alternate brand.

ausmartin

ausmartinAU

Cheap nasty Fan motor with EXTREMELY HIGH EMF (Magnetic Field)

Terrible product

I have had 2 of these robinhood rangehoods installed at our place (2014) and both times have had the unit collapse because the self tapping screws holding the appliance together have caved in and broken. The plastic mould that holds this together aswell has also given in. Overall a very faulty product and manufacturer will not accept responsibility for the flimsy design.

Self tapping screws holding the appliance together have caved in and broken

Fit for the tip

As it is noisy, has low extraction performance and only 1 light works it almost does not qualify to be called a rangehood. If purchasing the SS version the appliance is white with a SS fascia only. Many of the self tapping screws holding the appliance together have fallen out.
It can be recycled