Robinhood RLES61

PaulaBundaberg

Useless frustrating appliance. DO NOT BUY ROBINHOOD

Plastic around screws disintegrates and now have a piece of plastic broken off around screws and wonder if grease being pulled up into appliance... extremely hard to remove filters for cleaning. No clips to loose them off . Just too difficult a product to manage. Will definitely consider another brand with simpler operation.

Date PurchasedOct 2011
Alexis P.Robinhood

Good morning Paula, as advised our customer service team logged a warranty service call to assist with the removal of the filters after discussion with you on Wednesday. Please advise if this has not been done.

Paula

Hi yes thank you, the service agent was here yesterday and took photo and was going to send a report to you about the rangehood. Will wait to hear from him. Paula

Alexis P.Robinhood

Hi there Paula, so happy we were able to reach a satisfactory outcome for you.
The team at Robinhood.

Mariejeanne

MariejeanneCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Replacement product under review

I have had 2 Robinhood rangehoods. Both had the same problem others have posted about on this site.
After posting a review about my Robinhood slide out range hood problems, i have been contacted hy a Robinhood representative who has offered to replace my broken one with a new improved model.
will report my findings on it.
Very professional approach to this problem.

Thanks to Alexy from Robinhood for the replacement.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

NellNarooma

Just the worst

Date PurchasedApr 2013

ClementsonsPerth WA

This is our third one

We have had 3 of these units burn out in 4 years! No problems with wiring. Just a terrible unit with continual problems. Our electricians say its too unecomonical to repair so they have replaced it with a new one. And they keep burning out. Stay clear of this at all costs!!!

Date PurchasedJun 2015

BeeBee

BeeBee

Horrifying.

After a few months of use, the plastic holding the screws in just crumbled and broke off. It didn't snap, it wasn't mistreated - the plastic simply crumbled like sand and fell apart. This is a new build kitchen, and has not even been used for 4 months, and the manufacturer has suggested that we broke it on purpose and that he has never had this problem before. Looking at other reviews of this product, that is hard to believe.

This is a defective product, and the quality of manufacturing materials is absolute rubbish. Don't waste your time or money!!

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Absolute Rubbish

The plastic around the front self tapping screws broke. Was about 1 week out of warranty and I contacted the distributor who requested full details which I supplied with photos and after three emails no reply at all. E mailed Robin Hood on their web site which was also a complete waste of time as no reply from them. Customer relations of the manufacturer and the distributor are as poor as their product.

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Steve

Steve

Ugh. This range-hood sucks, and not in a good way

As others have noted, this model has a major design flaw where the self-tapping screws weaken the plastic frame, so the entire thing just falls off the wall. This has happened twice - the first time they fixed it under warranty, this time I'm chucking it in the bin and buying something decent.

Oh, and even when it's not broken, it doesn't do anything. Our fire alarm goes off pretty much every time we cook.

Highly disappointed

Like others, I had to buy a replacement, as the self-tapping screws broke through the plastic fascia. Now the second one has broken in the same way after only a year, which means, theoretically, it is still under warranty. Let's see if the company will replace it or return my money.

Terrible

I have had to buy two Robin 600mm slideout range hoods now because they keep breaking when the plastic around the front self tapping screws gives way which cases the slideout part just to hangdown until it eventually breaks off. Pretty disappointed in what should be a reputable brand. Now looking to buy alternate brand.

ausmartin

ausmartinAU

Cheap nasty Fan motor with EXTREMELY HIGH EMF (Magnetic Field)

Terrible product

I have had 2 of these robinhood rangehoods installed at our place (2014) and both times have had the unit collapse because the self tapping screws holding the appliance together have caved in and broken. The plastic mould that holds this together aswell has also given in. Overall a very faulty product and manufacturer will not accept responsibility for the flimsy design.

Self tapping screws holding the appliance together have caved in and broken

Fit for the tip

As it is noisy, has low extraction performance and only 1 light works it almost does not qualify to be called a rangehood. If purchasing the SS version the appliance is white with a SS fascia only. Many of the self tapping screws holding the appliance together have fallen out.
It can be recycled

Does the job

David Horrocksasked

How to remove a filter element from a robin hood slide out filter model #rles61ss/wh

Nell

Just slide it out to the back it may take a little bit of bending but they do come out in 2 parts ... I soak in detergent to get the grease out.

Alexis P.Robinhood

Good afternoon, if the instructions Nell has provided are unsuccessful please call our customer care desk on
1300 739 033 and on of our friendly consultants will assist you.
Thanks the team at Robinhood.

David Horrocks

Thanks - I had worked it out that ‘a little bit of bending’ was needed and had worked accordingly.

JudyC

JudyCasked

I inherited the RO61SS/WH/80 when I bought this house. The fan cover is filthy. How do I take it off to clean it?

Good afternoon,
Please contact our customer service desk on 1300 739 033 and one of our friendly team will assist with your enquiry.
The team at Robinhood.

Zedness

Zednessasked

I inherited the robinhood grange thing when I bought the house and cannot get the filters out. They are side by side not front and rear as above. I want to clean it but nothing works - I cannot find how to get the filters out and the whole things seems sealed without any evidence of where it opens up. I have no idea how old it is or when it last had the filters changed but it is disgusting and I can't stand it anymore.

Alexis P.Robinhood

Hi there, please call our customer service desk on 1300 739 033 and one of our friendly team will be able to assist you and ease your frustration.
Thanks the team at Robinhood .

Hi
I have no idea. You’re best to perhaps get a contractor out to inspect. Or ring the supplier or manufacturer. They may have people who can help

Nell

Robinhood official.. can tou post the answer here so we can all know how to clean our rangehood.

Get an answer from our members and Robinhood representatives

Robinhood RLES61WH (white)

Robinhood RLES61WH (white)

Robinhood RLES61SS (Stainless Steel)

Robinhood RLES61SS (Stainless Steel)

CategoryRange HoodsRange Hoods