Roman 50L Portable Fridge Freezer

Roman 50L Portable Fridge Freezer Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Roman? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

29 questions from our users

Andrea T.
Andrea T.asked

Can you tell me if you can buy a replacement handle(that opens fridge)?
My son snapped ours

Rick Newlyn
Rick Newlynasked

My app from phone to fridge stops when the car engine stops. Please explain why the fridge will not work on battery only
Rgds
Rick

Rick Newlyn
Rick Newlynasked

How do I get the App to work on my android phone? Is there a an owners manual I can refer to?

Robert
Robertasked

Where can I buy a lead for Roman fridge /freezer as I broke original one .

tedf
tedfasked

where can i get the 12volt cable from

Derek T.
Derek T.asked

The Roman 50L I have has no instruction booklet. Where can I download a copy of the instruction booklet? Thanks Derek

AJ R.
AJ R.

Terry P.
Terry P.asked

Polarity of lead where it connects to fridge

Dee

Hi does anyone know how many watts this unit uses per hour on solar power

eagleasked

are the covers on the roman 50ltr car fridge waterproof or water resistant

Matho12

Not sure, I expect resistant, mine kept in boat to date

Rosemarie E.
Rosemarie E.asked

What number is used for a freezer on the Roman car fridge freezer

Jared G.
Jared G.asked

So I got this fridge for a steal marked down a few weeks ago for $499. Runs fine on 240. On 12v keeps throwing up E1 and every now and then E3. I used the app dropped the battery protect to low. It seems to do it after about a minute of being on. Had the multimeter on the battery (100ah deep cycle) and goes from 12.7v and randomly spikes down to 7.18v then goes straight back up. Can anyone explain where I have gone wrong.

Matho12

Sorry no, had no problems over Christmas New Year with 200w blanket and 70amh battery

whatsa
whatsa

if your reading that at frig its because you cabling is too thin... you need thicker wires so voltage drop not high. or you battery is on way out...... try same on car battery if different its your battery

toad
toad

I have one that I've used on 240v with no problems. I use it off the solar system in my bus and have no problem. But, when I use it on the solar system I get the same e1 error you do and it drives me nuts. I think its the quality of the connection to that battery box.
I see on ebay you can get waaco plug to go into an Anderson plug, I am going to measure very carefully to see it the waaco and roman plugs are the same. Or get a better battery box

Dave
Daveasked

Ok, I've gone through all the questions and answerd. Having all the same problems about the E1 error. Switched over to the low battery protection on the app despite the app protesting against this as an option. What concerns me now is how quickly it appears to be draining the battery. Within 5-10 mins, the app tells me that the battery is at 60%. It was fully charged, surely it shouldn't be pulling that much draw so quickly. The temp is set at 8 degrees. Please don't tell me this fridge performs this poorly. Help please.

Rowan
Rowan

Hi Dave - I’ve found the factory cigarette lighter plug is terrible. The pin isn’t held in strongly. I’m about to replace my plug. I think this will be the solution. Battery percentage is estimated based on voltage level, it’s likely not 60% at all but the charge shows that due to the voltage drop from the lighter socket. I can run mine for 2.5 days at 6 degrees of a 38Ah deep cycle battery (also from Aldi actually) but yeah I’m the car the lighter plug is giving me issues I’m pretty sure.

Love shopping
Love shoppingasked

we run our domestic fridge at 3 degrees, what temperature setting should I set the roman fridge at

peter

All depends the roman is a fridge/ freezer it may start to freeze at 3 degrees i set the the one i have at 5 degrees noproblem with it, you could start with that and se how you like it.

eagleasked

I have had my fridge wired directly to the battery but it will only work when the engine is running

peter

question eagle did you cut the12v battery cable and wire it up inside the vehicle, and why when you have the cigarette plug to plug into. please I need more info.

eagle

The auto electrician ran a completly seperate AWG 11 twin core , as per the manual, directly from the battery to a switch in the back of my wagon. The cigarette option came up as E1 if the car was running or not.

peter

have you downloaded the app for the fridge on your phone, this is one way to change the voltage protection and stop E1 witch is error message and cutting the fridge out set the voltage protection to low when using 12v.

Marius Weyersasked

Good day
I have downloaded the app for the fridge and my bluetooth is on. It does not pick up the fridge via bluetooth. Fridge is on. Phone is on. Bluetooth on and scanned several times. App downloaded. Still nothing. I have tried everything. No success.

peter

if the app has been downloaded and Bluetooth is on, have you clicked on fridge above add device it should open.

Hi Peter
I clicked on 'add device' and it just keeps searching. Bluetooth on, fridge on. It does not pick up anything. Can i upload a screenshot?

peter

Hi Marius, just click the arrow above Add device it will open you are trying to open it in the wrong place Bluetooth is already on no need to go into Add devise again.

jai
jaiasked

could you tell me the wait of the Portable Fridge / Freezer
thanks jeff

Ang
Angasked

What are the dimensions of this Roman Fridge ?

NMDU

580x350x515mm with out handles. 660x350x515 with handles. NM.

marieasked

why is mine not working on 12v?

peter

A bit more info will help marie, please tell us the steps you have taken when plug in to 12v.

marie

Appreciate your reply. I am new to this fridge so still getting to know it. Seems to work well when connected to 240v. However, I tried to run the fridge via 2nd car battery, which is installed for this purpose, and it reads E1. Didnt work at all. What have I missed?

peter

I had the same problem marie when I put it on the battery it would work for a short time then cut out and show E1, I new my battery was good no problem there reading the manual more found on the bottom page 21 E1 shows error message the fridge will cut out if battery voltage is to low or to check battery monitor setting is in low, and to do this you must download the app on your phone. so download the app google the roman fridge app, once on the phone set the monitor setting to low and that's it it will work fine much easer to set the temp from the app as well let us know how things turn out or if I can help more.

Terry P.
Terry P.asked

Where is batt monitor

peter

Terry the battery monitor is on the app once you have downloaded it.

Other Portable Fridges / Freezers