Rover Duracut 850 SP

Rover Duracut 850 SP

See the Best Petrol Lawn Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Good but dusty

Good strong motor and excellent cutting blades. Only downfall is that with the catcher on it blows grass clippings everywhere. The catcher is not sealed to the cutting deck. Easy to start and the self propelled function feels strong and reliable. With the power of the motor it can cut the lawn quite low without any trouble.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

h/recomened

easy start/ well designed hi/air flow deck full size rear chute grass into catcher easy/mulching great very light-and easy to push wheel adjustment simple one leaver five year warranty-shows rover are confident of the product had-my rover regal since 1979 . the motor has no problems cutting my kikua lawn warren

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Seems like a great mower

Been some time since I last purchased a new mower so I have been comparing price, power, warranty, features and performance of Masport, Rover and Honda mowers.
Ended up with the Rover Duracut 850 SP with all the features and a 5 year warranty on unit and engine for $629.
Best price and best warranty for the features between the different mowers in my opinion.
First used the Rover Duracut 850 SP to mow our overgrown, undulating 1650 sqm block.
What a great mower - lots of torque to cut through grass taller than the mower itself. Belt drive self propelled function worked well until I was cutting hard around some trees and the belt drive got hot (I suspect) and lost some of the drive "feel"....fine when it cooled down.
Engine brake was handy as the catcher was emptied many times - lots of cuttings! Easy pull to restart....
Used less than the full tank of fuel to cut the entire block of 1650 sqm - surprising economy.
The deck wash function worked well but there was still some grass in areas outside the cutting disk area that needed to be washed away....came off cleanly with the hose.
Overall opinion from this first time use...
"Easy start, simple operation and seems to be a very good mower."

How long does it take you to cut 1600sqm with this unit? And is that based on heavy or light cutting?
Our 1600sqm block has trees and some difficult slopes to mow but generally a No.4 cut takes about 2.0 - 2.5hrs.....varies on how energetic I am....:-)) Hope this helps......Thanks Robert. I have a smaller 600sqm block. I really wanted to go a bigger unit / 21' and was considering the ProCut 750 priced about $270 more. The price wasn't really a factor as I don't want to be spending all day mowing lawns etc. That unit also has a blade stop, so the engine can keep running whereas this 850SP you have to re-start each time you have to empty the mulch bag. The Procut is a heavy unit. Guessing 60kgs? But I bought the 850SP & will put up a review in due course. I hope I won't regret that. Time will tell! Cheers!

How it cost?
Price was $630 all fuelled up and ready to mow....Where is the store so I can view and buy address?

How fast does it drive?
The mower is Self propelled at a moderate walking pace...somewhere around 4.5km/h flat out....never too fast or feeling like it is getting away from you! Easy to adjust the speed with the handle lever - fingertips control. Hope this helps...

Duracut 850 SP