Rover Mini Rider

Mini Rider Hydro, Mini Rider Manual

83 questions from our users

Davidasked

Mini Rider

Hi My mini rider is due it’s first oil change soon, unfortunately I am unable to find the oil sump capacity for this 382cc Rover engine, with or without filter.
Answers appreciated thanks. David

willy

There are two dots on the dipstick that is your oil level I can't remember the qty of oil I think just over 1 litre I use nulon 10w30 with genuine oil filter mineral oil

David

Thanks Willy, I think 1.4L inc filter, going to fit a oil sump tap to it as bung is a very silly idea that results in oil in places I don’t want when removed.

Judy K.

Judy K.asked

Mini Rider

I have a rover hydro 320 mini rider that wont start. Have a new battery, changed spark plug . It doesnt seem to be getting petrol.

willy

These mowers need a petrol tank mounted up higher so it can gravity feed I had similar problem but I fixed if you send me your email address I can send you pictures of what I done to fixthis mine runs perfect now kevin

ianphaser

ianphaserasked

Mini Rider

I have to blow into the fuel tank (pressurize it for say 10 seconds) before starting, otherwise the mower dies from fuel starvation after about 2 minutes. Can anyone point to the problem?

willy

I had the same problem and solved it I put another fuel tank at the rear and up higher with 8mm fuel hose and a better filter it's all to do with fuel gravity feed mine runs perfect now I can send pictures of what I done but I need your email address

willyasked

Mini Rider

When I start my mower it runs quiet until I release the foot brake then it runs noisy is this normal apart from that everything is perfect

Roger Kinsky

When you release the brake, the mower most likely speeds up because you start to place a load on it. I suggest this must be the cause of the noise. Nothing to worry about - wear ear plugs or muffs if it worries you. Also a good idea to wear a mask and goggles, you don't want to inhale the dust or get it in your eyes. Roger

willy

Thanks Roger is the noise from transmission

Nick

The transmission/diff has two modes, drive and push. You have to disengage drive mode to push the mower around by hand. I wonder if the transmission is in push mode instead of drive mode?

oldttrida

oldttridaasked

Mini Rider

New to the mower, what do I have to do to mow in reverse Please?
No worries, I worked it out, makes a huge difference to be able to mow in reverse ;)

Nick

Key has two positions when running, green and yellow. Turn key to yellow position, then push the triangle button near the key, a small red light should come on and then you can mow in reverse.

willy

Same as nick but first take off foot brake and red light should be on and your ready to go but not supposed to mow in reverse

Kurt B.

Kurt B.asked

Mini Rider

Just wondering if any has an experience in the accelerator being delayed, starting mowing no problems and probably takes 5 to 10minutes to for a acceleration forwards and reverse to kick in to full power, does my cable needs adjusting?

Roger Kinsky

can't say I have experienced this type of problem but my mower is fairly new. Suggest you squirt silicon on the cable and jiggle the cord back and forth a few times. More likely the problem could be a blocked air filter or fuel filter, or dirt in the fuel tank. Clean the air filter and if this doesn't help suggest you empty the fuel tank completely and fill with clean fresh fuel. I always filter my fuel with a filter funnel before filling.
Let us know how you go.
regards

willyasked

Mini Rider

After mowing for 10 minutes it runs erratic then stalls I drain the fuel bowl once or twice then goes OK for 10 minutes is it a fuel problem or electrical thanks kevin

Roger Kinsky

Sounds like a fuel problem to me. Suggest drain the tank make sure there is no water in it, chuck out the fuel you have and refill with new unleaded (non ethanol). Also check your air filter, make sure it isn't clogged and clean it anyhow.
Hope this helps

Roger Kinsky

Also I always double filter my fuel before putting in the tank.

willy

Thanks my thoughts are the same

Margaret Dasked

Mini Rider Hydro

After checking my oil level I forgot to put lid back on resulting in the oil spilling out. Can't find manual how much oil do I need to put in to bring it up to level required.
Thanks Margaret

Nick

There will still be some oil still in the engine so it will be best to put a little in at a time and check the oil level on the dip stick each time. Continue until oil level is between low and high mark on dip stick.

Margaret D

Thankyou Nick. As the oil has sprayed up everywhere how long should I wait before refilling it. (I have wiped as much oil off that I can see.

Thankyou Nick.

Brian S.

Brian S.asked

engine operators manual

Neta B.

Neta B.asked

Mini Rider

I live in Warwick where can I get one does it have home deliver

Hello Neta
I have no idea where you can buy one around your area. Maybe Tenterfield.
Bunnings stocks them so where is your nearest Bunnings?
I had to pay a delivery charge. They were going to sell me one that was unassembled but I insisted they sell me the floor model which was assembled.
Good luck
roger

Neville L

Neville Lasked

Can you fit a 12 volt fuel pump to the mini ride on mower

Neville L

Neville Lasked

Mini Rider

There seams to be a fuel problem with the mini mower has any one found a fix for the problem yet
Neville

Roger Kinsky

No problems yet with mine. I always fill with a funnel fitted with a filter.
Also it is good idea to use standard petrol that doesn't contain any ethanol.
I believe ethanol fuel is no a good option for mowers and outboards.
You may be able to drain the fuel tank and refill with fresh petrol.

Tina

Tinaasked

Tightening accelerator pedal

andy g.

andy g.asked

Mini Rider

how much can i expect to pay for this?

Roger Kinsky

I paid $2000 at Bunnings a few months ago.

Brian B

Brian Basked

Mini Rider

How fast will the mini rover go

Approximately 7km/h

Haley W.

Haley W.asked

Mini Rider

I mowed over something inadvertently today and my mower stopped. I tilted it on to its side and removed the offending object. I put the mower back upright but now it won’t start. Is there a kill switch or something?

Roger Kinsky

Like all ride ons it has a kill switch if you get off.
You may have created a problem when you tipped to the side.
Best to check oil and petrol tanks and make sure the air filter isn't clogged.

Rebecca H.asked

Hi
Our 6mth old rover mini rider, turn it on today and the blades are hitting the deck in one spot. Basically a new machine, probably on done 20 hours of mowing max.

Nick

There is a very small gap all the way around the deck. If there is no dint then the deck mustn’t be sitting central. There are guide pins in each corner, check they and the split pins are still in place.

Rebecca H.

Thanks so much, we found a small dent. All fixed. Great advice

Tony W

Tony Wasked

Mini Rider

How to access spark plug

Nick

No tools required but mine did require a good amount of wiggle and pull to get the spark plug off.

Noel B.

Noel B.asked

Mini Rider

my rover mini rider transmission is stuck cannot find neutral any ideas ???

Denise B.

Denise B.asked

Mini Rider Hydro

has anyone had problems withhydro transmission with no drive or reverse suspect brake problem