Rover Mini Rider

• Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Turning

Happy with it

I am very happy with the Mini rider. Does my house yard really well. I love it can go through normal house gates. The only thing I had a problem with is my yard is pretty rough and has some old veggie patch mounds. And the blades would dig into the ground as they just followed the height of the front wheels. I added some small wheels on each corner of the mowing deck to let the deck move to the contour of the yard. It works a treat.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Deon

DeonBrisbane

rover mini rider

Makes the job easy is fairly comfortable and cheap to run mulches shorter grass so well I don't need to rake afterwards i do mine and my neighbors yard as he is in his eightys I have only had it a few months but i am extremely happy with this machine only downside is messy to do oil change but i will use a vacuum sucker next time

Date PurchasedJan 2017
triumph

triumphSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

money well spent

We bought this mower 2 months ago and love it.We also bought the grass catcher and it works really well,though it is expensive compared to the price of the mower.We mow lawn(about 1/2 acre) not jungle and it picks up grass 2 inchs long very well,as long as its not wet. It also mulches very well We have a partly sloping block and it goes everywhere easily even up a short steep incline.It seems thirsty compared to our Honda self propelled but its a small price to pay to be able to sit on instead of walking behind.I changed the oil after the running in period,a bit messy, but i will use a syringe next time like the bloke in the mower shop does.I'm 70 and we both like our lawn looking nice so it has made the job a lot easier.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Ride-On Mowers

Find out how Rover Mini Rider compares to other Ride-On Mowers

mini rider best on the market

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Poor

I have one keeps braking the cable on cutting deck after 2 or 3 mows cutting blade weak bends if hits a stick. I would avoid these at any cost Rover replace one of the cables they snap right at the end where the cable comes out. It's clearly a fault in design.

Date PurchasedMar 2015
Vic C.

Vic C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Awesome machine! Perfect!!

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Jimbo

JimboPerth, WA

Cheaper version

Not a bad mower, does not cut low enough for me and the cheap knock off engine worries me, but has not let go yet. Has a single cutter bar, so not good for chopping through rough grass that may contain rocks and bend it if hit.The tyres are best filled with slime to stop leaks from the start.

Edd

EddPerth. Western Australia

Great mower for larger sized house blocks

Lucky

Luckyasked

Mini Rider Hydro

Just bought this mower. Its mowing on an angle. Left side lower than the right. Dont know how to adjust the plate height.

Relief

It should have been adjusted by the dealer
Who sold it to you, go back and get it done .
Happy days

Don't know

Sherrie

Sherrieasked

Mini Rider

Hi, we have replaced the belt on the mini rider and now it won’t cut, when you engage the blade it dies down.

Hi Sherrie

You haven’t put the belt on the middle spindle properly, when you engage the cutter it should push the belt to tighten hence engaging the blades .

Lols

Lolsasked

Mini Rider

Do I have to engage reverse with key every time I want to reverse

No only once

Relief

Leave it in with the red light on

Compare both Rover Mini Rider

CategoryRide-On MowersRide-On Mowers
Price (RRP) $3,199.00$2,699.00
Zero Turn NoNo
Power SourcePetrolPetrol
FeaturesDeck Clean-out Port and Side DischargeDeck Clean-out Port and Side Discharge
Catcher Type NoneNone
Cutting Deck MaterialSteelSteel
Cutting Width760 mm760 mm
Weight155 kg128 kg
Transmission TypeHydrostaticManual
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)
Engine / Motor
Engine NameRover 382cc Single OHVRover 382cc Single OHV
Engine TypeOHV (Overhead Valve)OHV (Overhead Valve)
Engine Displacement382 cc382 cc