Rover Mini Rider

Graeme

GraemeLevin. NZ

Good MOWER . Questionable agent ???

I find this mini Mower good ,my section is small with some tight corners which are difficult to negotiate. The agent who I purchased the mower from will not honour two year warranty unless I pay for an oil change & service within 3 months of purchase. ( approx NZ $ 175). Has anyone else
heard of such a rort. ?

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Jimbo

JimboPerth, WA

Cheaper version

Not a bad mower, does not cut low enough for me and the cheap knock off engine worries me, but has not let go yet. Has a single cutter bar, so not good for chopping through rough grass that may contain rocks and bend it if hit.The tyres are best filled with slime to stop leaks from the start.

Riley R.asked

Mini Rider

I’m having problems with my rover mini rider 382 hydro mower it was cutting sweet then all of a sudden it’s just not cutting the grass any
What would it be the
belts,pulley because it’s not engaging to cut any more

Relief

The belt has come off and won’t engage the blades to cut .

Riley R.

Had a look at the belts and they are still on when running when I put the deck down it’s not engaging to cut the grass

ian gilbrideasked

Mini Rider

drive belt keeps falling off even with a new belt

Ian
Had the same problem but it’s an easy fix
You will find on the left side of the deck a guide bar for the belt , and another aluminum bar below it , put the aluminum bar above the guide bar , you’ll never have the problem again .

Davidasked

Mini Rider

Hi My mini rider is due it’s first oil change soon, unfortunately I am unable to find the oil sump capacity for this 382cc Rover engine, with or without filter.
Answers appreciated thanks. David

willy
willy

There are two dots on the dipstick that is your oil level I can't remember the qty of oil I think just over 1 litre I use nulon 10w30 with genuine oil filter mineral oil

David

Thanks Willy, I think 1.4L inc filter, going to fit a oil sump tap to it as bung is a very silly idea that results in oil in places I don’t want when removed.

Compare both Rover Mini Rider

CategoryRide-On MowersRide-On Mowers
Price (RRP) $3,199.00$2,699.00
Zero Turn NoNo
Power SourcePetrolPetrol
FeaturesDeck Clean-out Port and Side DischargeDeck Clean-out Port and Side Discharge
Catcher Type NoneNone
Cutting Deck MaterialSteelSteel
Cutting Width760 mm760 mm
Weight155 kg128 kg
Transmission TypeHydrostaticManual
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)
Engine / Motor
Engine NameRover 382cc Single OHVRover 382cc Single OHV
Engine TypeOHV (Overhead Valve)OHV (Overhead Valve)
Engine Displacement382 cc382 cc