Rover Mini Rider

• Turning
Nick

NickGippsland, VIC

I love mowing again

Purchased in July 2020 for $2,600.00.

Product is usedWeekly
Roger Kinsky

Roger KinskyIllawarra, NSW

Mini ride er reverse

Can anyone tell me - will this mower cut in reverse and if so how can I get it to do so. One reviewer said he had to tweak it to get it to cut in reverse - how ??? It's a nuisance to have to disengage the cutter everytime I want to go in reverse.

Purchased in May 2020.

Lucky

LuckyBrisbane

Great Mini Ride on But...

I purchased my Rover auto model mini ride on to cut grass around our home about 2 months ago. I live on about 1.5 acres in a rural setting with some moderate slopes. I only have two problems with it and that is you cant wash the mower after mowing and cooled down...it won't start again..and, being suto, you can't push them even using the by-pass lever..I dare you to push it any distance..lol. Anyway, it goes well, cuts well, and mine is fitted with the rear catcher which works surprisingly well, as long as the grass is not wet. Then, it just clogs the shute and you have to manually remove the grass to unclog. But good mower for the price. Hope this helps make your choice..happy hunting..price $3k in Brisbane southside.

Purchased in February 2020 for $3,000.00.

Product is usedWeekly
Ride-On Mowers

Find out how Rover Mini Rider compares to other Ride-On Mowers

Neil

Neil

Excellent cut for a small ride-on but.....

Good turning circle, cuts as good as a push mower, ideal for up to an acre but has developed a reluctance to run for more than 15 minutes.
Only 40 hours in 18 months, so not a lot of use, property has a gentle slope and I have replaced the original fuel filter with a clear one. When the engine miss starts starts, I can see the fuel is really low in the filter even when tank is almost full.
Fuel is gravity fed and I have noticed other recent comments along similar lines so am wondering if rover have a fix?

Purchased in July 2018 at Stihl Dealer for $2,500.00.

andrew

andrewGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great for large blocks

Purchased in October 2018 at local Rover dealer for $1,800.00.

Rob

RobRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Down on power especially in reverse, otherwise a good product.

Purchased in October 2017.

Rick

RickSydney Surrounds, NSW

does the job but a few very small issues

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Greg

GregSydney Surrounds, NSW

so far so good..............

From out of the crate from Bunnings was OK. The mower does not come with a charged battery, for transporting. We thought it would come with a charger -WRONG... We checked with Bunnings they don't even sell a suitable charger, so we had to sort that. We blew a fuse in that process but finally got it going. Cuts fine, starts each time without any issues. Its really a push mower with a seat- that's all fine if you don't have too high expectations.
I found ear protection with ear gear is required as you sit on the engine and can be noisy.
For what we need on a 1200 sqm block which is fairly level this is ideal and also rolls under the deck for protection.
Happy mowing... G

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Matt

MattBrisbane

Brilliant for larger residential lawns.

This Rover Mini rider has made mowing my large 1200m2 block a breeze. My back yard has a slope, and the lower part of the lawn gets very thick. The Rover Mini powers through it beautifully. The only negative feedback would be, that the centre of gravity feels a little rearward, so on non level ground the steering can be a little tricky. But otherwise, very impressed. Mulches the grass very finely also and very economical on petrol.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Ride-On Mowers

Find out how Rover Mini Rider compares to other Ride-On Mowers

Deon

DeonBrisbane

rover mini rider

Makes the job easy is fairly comfortable and cheap to run mulches shorter grass so well I don't need to rake afterwards i do mine and my neighbors yard as he is in his eightys I have only had it a few months but i am extremely happy with this machine only downside is messy to do oil change but i will use a vacuum sucker next time

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Riley R.asked

Mini Rider

I’m having problems with my rover mini rider 382 hydro mower it was cutting sweet then all of a sudden it’s just not cutting the grass any
What would it be the
belts,pulley because it’s not engaging to cut any more

Relief

The belt has come off and won’t engage the blades to cut .

Riley R.

Had a look at the belts and they are still on when running when I put the deck down it’s not engaging to cut the grass

ian gilbrideasked

Mini Rider

drive belt keeps falling off even with a new belt

Ian
Had the same problem but it’s an easy fix
You will find on the left side of the deck a guide bar for the belt , and another aluminum bar below it , put the aluminum bar above the guide bar , you’ll never have the problem again .

Davidasked

Mini Rider

Hi My mini rider is due it’s first oil change soon, unfortunately I am unable to find the oil sump capacity for this 382cc Rover engine, with or without filter.
Answers appreciated thanks. David

willy
willy

There are two dots on the dipstick that is your oil level I can't remember the qty of oil I think just over 1 litre I use nulon 10w30 with genuine oil filter mineral oil

David

Thanks Willy, I think 1.4L inc filter, going to fit a oil sump tap to it as bung is a very silly idea that results in oil in places I don’t want when removed.

Compare both Rover Mini Rider

CategoryRide-On MowersRide-On Mowers
Price (RRP) $3,199.00$2,699.00
Zero Turn NoNo
Power SourcePetrolPetrol
FeaturesDeck Clean-out Port and Side DischargeDeck Clean-out Port and Side Discharge
Catcher Type NoneNone
Cutting Deck MaterialSteelSteel
Cutting Width760 mm760 mm
Weight155 kg128 kg
Transmission TypeHydrostaticManual
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)
Engine / Motor
Engine NameRover 382cc Single OHVRover 382cc Single OHV
Engine TypeOHV (Overhead Valve)OHV (Overhead Valve)
Engine Displacement382 cc382 cc