See the Best Petrol Lawn Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

We have had no problems at all with this mower. It starts first time every time. We use the mulcher a lot and it works really well and doesn't leave cut grass everywhere, it looks just as if you had used the catcher. It is a little tricky getting the mulching plug in and out though, a little patience and effort is required. We have had this for a few years now and still have the origiinal blades on it and they still cut nicely. Takes straight petrol so no messing around trying to mix petrol and oil.
Mulching system is great, starts first time every time.
Nothing I can think of.

Good

I've had it for years without major problems. A few screws have fallen off plastic trims and had to be replaced, and usual sparkplug and blade replacements etc. Not a bad mower at all, considering it's been mowing half an acre.
Starts no problem, even after sitting in the shed for months. Has a good Briggs and Stratton motor. 4stroke, so causes much less fuel emissions than 2stroke.
I hate mowing, but that's not the mower's fault.

Good

Powerful, relatively quiet mower that makes my old Talon mower look like a toy. Everything on this mower is much better built and better engineering than on the Talon. Time will tell if this mower lasts the distance...
Smooth running engine, very easy to start, quite powerful - it churns through long grass without dropping engine revs. Even mulches dog poo into superfine particles! Long warranty (4 years), Australian designed. Proper wheel bearings and very sturdy frame.
Chinese manufactured. Quite a long wheelbase so manoevering into tight spaces is a bit tricky. Filling the oil is a little messy, it overflows when you add oil and runs into spaces that are difficult to clean up.

Good

Try bargaining with the dealers, ask for their best price,
most will come down to near the same price as the other store.
I've just purchased my new Rover I5500 Mulch and Catch, If this one goes as good as the last (14Year Old) I'll be happy.
Only bent a shaft after hitting a piece of steel in the long grass.
Cost almost as much for a shaft as for a new mower on special for 1 week only.
Seams most of the negative comments on the net seam to be the same, if you don't buy your mower through a Mower/repair dealers Shop then most are not interested in look at repairing the mower you purchased else where.(Ie:- Bunnings)
You need to see the dealer you bought it from for repairs and most likely they'll want to send it away for repairs unless they have an agent in your town.

My key start mower wont start. I took it into the repair shop to get it fixed a week ago. Its sunday now and the damn thing wont start. Any ideas as to what i can do?

Hi I need this model of puller . The puller thread is broken. What is the coast?

My mother has an Regal Self Propelled Mulch-N-Catch Key Start lawn mower but the problem we have been having is the battery only stays charged for at least two maybe three times when starting it by the key...I can't seem to find any where online about how long the battery should stay charged for??? .. Considering it takes at least 15 hours to recharge it to only get a couple of key starts from it ... PLEASE HELP its doing my full frontal in :/
What you describe is exactly what happens when a battery is near the end of it's life or goes prematurely bad. If it's under warranty, best to take it to a Rover dealer.

Rover Regal Mulch N CatchRover Regal Self Propelled with Key StartRover Regal Key StartRover Regal 11A-E1LB333Rover Regal Self Propelled
CategoryPetrol Lawn MowersPetrol Lawn MowersPetrol Lawn MowersPetrol Lawn MowersPetrol Lawn Mowers
Price (RRP) $599$899$799$559$799
Power SourcePetrol
FeaturesBlade Brake and Mulching Capability
Catcher Type Rigid
Cutting Deck MaterialAluminium Alloy
Number of Blades4
Manufacturer Warranty4 year(s)4 year(s)4 year(s)4 year(s)4 year(s)
Engine / Motor