Rover Pro Cut 560

Rover Pro Cut 560

BBQman
BBQmanBalwyn

Good not great - starts easily

I got this two years ago at Masters and chose it mostly based on the name, but also took advice from the sales staff. It ALWAYS starts, never failed to start or been difficult. The weighting is a bit weird with a heavy body and relatively thin handles, meaning there is a but of creak and movement when I turn. It has fixed blades which is fun if you hit a rock. The thing I don't like is the catcher. It's just no good compared to the older design. Still runs like a clock though, so I am giving it 4/5..

Date PurchasedAug 2016
V8Mate
V8MateMoorabin

Very good mower - always starts 1st time

I don't know what kind of ignition system this has but its pretty amazing. I only mow when suburban guilt makes me (lol) so it can be along time between starts sometime but once I prime her up, she roars to life every time. The only servicing I have done is fill the oil up as recommended and check it once. Apart from that nothing and it always works. The blade control is easy to lift up and down and the catcher is easy to empty, Simple and good mower that has worked perfectly and still does!

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Blue_Guitar
Blue_GuitarMelbourne

Super Reliable Mower

I have really not taken care of this but it has been and absolute champion of reliability. It quite literally starts every time, usually first pull. I find it quite easy to push up and down and easy to empty the catcher. It can gum up in the chute between the blades and the catcher if the grass is long or at all damp but it just takes a second to clear. Its a super reliable machine and has been excellent so far

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Petrol Lawn Mowers

Find out how Rover Pro Cut 560 compares to other Petrol Lawn Mowers

Go_Hawkers
Go_Hawkersmelbourne

Reliable Mower

I have been impressed with the sheer reliability of this mower over the past three years. Has started first time every time and runs on even old petrol when its been left sitting. It just works. Apart from checking the plug and topping up the oil, it has need no maintenance.
Its maneuverable enough to easily do my front and back yards even when overgrown without any fuss, The catcher is very easy to remove and empty. My only area of dislike is the safety bar, it just annoys me but apart from that its a great and very reliable machine

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Eric C
Eric C

Perfect for my garden

I have got this mower few months ago and it has been working well since. Use friendly and easy start, you don't need to mix the oil, just add petrol and oil sepatmrately. it worths the money totally. if there is any negative that I have to say, that will be the catch, which is a little bit too small, however. It more depending on the size of the garden.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Mick
MickChinchilla

Very good mower

While the Rover mower was cheaper than the Honda I think it is good value for money. Honda are overall better mowers but the premium you pay for the name makes it debatable whether they are worth it or not. Maybe I will get a Honda next time - not sure. I guess with many things you have to wonder whether the quality is till there like it used to be. That seems to apply to just about all products today.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
brian
brian

sick of it

Bought the rover lawnmower from bunnings warehouse in north Wollongong . at first it was alright then next thing is known the bolts get loose then the air filter top fell off - about a year lately the air filter broke down the lower end and now the thing that changes the level is broken which likely going to cost too much money to fix
Conclusion : my advice is to buy a better mower

Date PurchasedMar 2009
Christine
ChristineMelbourne

Not impressed

we do not have a huge lawn but big enough (plus nature strip) and have used this mower maybe 5 times as winter meant less grass growth.
Suddenly it started belching out balck smoke and cutting out. The start up is very hit and miss. The mower is 5 months old.

Took it to a Rover service agent who tried to tell me it was due to 'old fuel'. Working in petro chemicals, i know that standard quality unleaded fuel (ie without ethanol) stored correctly does not go off. They use this as a catch all excuse
A service check will take at least 5 weeks. so no mower during spring and $600 wasted.

Next time I'll buy the more reliable $200 Millers Falls Billy Goat. That was fine for 5 years cutting huge tracks of grass over imperfect terrain

Date PurchasedMay 2016
little weed
little weedSydney

MTD/Rover 560 pro cut with 910 engine - - yuch

Petrol Lawn Mowers

Find out how Rover Pro Cut 560 compares to other Petrol Lawn Mowers

Great Frustration
Great FrustrationCaboolture

Everything is garbage these days

rosh69
rosh69sydney

Going back to the honda

Have owned it for 7 months, been in shop 3 times.All with problems wiyh the drive belt. Which is not good for a contractor. Would not buy another rover.Stay away from belt driven self propelleds.With the money you spend it's not worth it, would rather spend the few hundred dollars more and get a reliable mower.
Good cut. Good in wet weather as grass goes into catcher but that's it
Belt drive is no good

Headman704
Headman704

3 year old XDS46 self propelled mower which has cost me almost twicw as much of the purchase price in repairs - back turning wheel, drive belt (3 times) and fuel line._Never again Rover!!!

Don't waste your money.......

Every thing has broken on this mower . Been a contractor for 8 years now and this would have to be the worst mower I have ever got . You would think for $1000 aus you would get a lot more .
It was back to the shop 7 times in 14 weeks please don't waste your money on The new rover there not made like they used to be

Fell apart and rover will not give me a refund or replace it they said they will keep fixing it up for me at no cost but the down time without that mower is no good to me . No mower no money .

Yeah i used to do all of that but the new ones from about 2007 are just garbage and getting worse.

Colhard
ColhardNZ

Bad

Works well but let down by poor quality. I understand the are built in Australia and China. Mine was built in China.....
Does a great job, nice finish to the lawn
Poor quality. Within 6 months of ownership, drive cable broke, catcher handle broke, rear wheels spin inside tyres, roll pin through drive axle broke, rear wheel bearings collapsed, original star washers which hold the wheels on kept working loose - replacements hold good, and blades are expensive