Royal Brunei Airlines

Royal Brunei Airlines (page 3 of 5)

See the Best International Airlines in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Royal Brunei Airlines? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Seat Room
  • Food
  • In-Flight Service
  • In-Flight Entertainment

Cancelation

Very helpful with foreword bookings but didn't acknowledge age with getting to forward gates. It almost caused a heart attack by the lack of customer transport between gates.

I will not fly with ROYAL BRUNEI anymore!

Cancelled my connecting flight and reasoned the flight is not available. Why advertise them and then misled your customer AFTER I paid it! You LIED! Luring me and the family to a hotel and expect me and my young children travelling in the middle of the night. All because you cancelled my flights less than 24 hours. I lost one day holiday and you cost me time and money. Basically, you ruined me and my family's holiday! If your airline do not live up to your motto, please bar yourself from using it as you clearly do not live up to it. You do not deserve any star from me as you have ruined everything!

PennyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Customer Service - TERRIBLE

Having travelled return to London in business class, I discovered my case, a quite expensive soft case, had been mishandled and a wheel broken off. Several emails to their supposed customer services with not even the courtesy of a reply. Whether they imagine people will give up with their appalling lack of service demonstrated I don't know.

Kerry blewitt
Kerry blewittaustralia, Victoria

another great flight

The only issue i have with Royal Brunei is the online booking system. it seems to not log onto the site. in saying that if you call the customer service number they are sensational. My 18 YO daughter met us in HCMC and the stewardesses looked after her, gave her a spare seat so she could lie down and relax and kept checking her to see if she was ok. my husband and i flew with them again for the 3rd time and i could not fault this airline. great size seats, sensational meals, good movies, constant updates on a small amount of turbulence. i cannot fault this airline

Manoj K
Manoj K

Please check online and wait for over 1 hr to get ur boarding passes

I am standing in q still over 1 hr 15 mins still which supposingly was online check in drop bag service. When asked the kids r getting tired, a staff replies very unconcerned "we do not have any assistance for people with kids, only wheelchair etc". How ridiculous...... Worst wait ever after i have even loaded all identity info and passport info already too... Baaaaad

Melbourne to London to Melbourne 2015

Cannot fault this airline. Friendly staff, great planes, stop in Brunie airport hassle free, .Have booked again this year. Thanks

Can it be worse?

Business class. The only way to travel.

Our first experience of business class from Melborne to London. Royal Brunei is half the cost of the major airlines. State of the air aircraft ( Dreamliner 787) resulted in a trouble free light. Service was outstanding throughout, food excellent. We advised Arab of my wife's gluten intolerance and they had seperate menu's ready. True value for money and will be our first choice for long distance travel in the future

Unhappy
UnhappyOakham

Uncaring

Booked flights (3 tickets) Heathrow to Melbourne, plane broke down in Dubai breakfast was a choice of a burger on its own or a curry, lunch was the same choice but burger came with fries.
Compensation for a 37 1/2 hour delay nil, the airline refused to pay a penny, nobody from the airline was present at Dubai. After waiting in lounge for 8 hours, sent to 1st hotel (in airport) for 12 hours then sent to another hotel outside airport for the rest of the time.
When things go wrong, they do not want to know or care, if nothing goes wrong they are good. Over 1 year later with the help of solicitors just rec`d compensation.

Michelle
MichelleMelbourne

Great experience with Royal Brunei

Just returned from a 4 week holiday in the UK ......both journeys flying with Royal Brunei. Excellent punctuality, wonderful attentive flight attendants, good food and enjoyed absolute comfort having a row of seats all to myself on both forward and return journeys. The attendants on the return Dubai-Melbourne 'leg' were wonderful as I was not feeling too well with a heavy cold and they couldn't do enough to make me more comfortable. I would definitely fly with this airline again..the Dreamliner aircraft is spacious, airy and a pleasure to fly in compared to other aircraft I have flown with where you feel cramped and claustraphobic. WELL DONE RB....see you again and will recommend you to friends and family.

R@j
R@jLynbrook

Crap Airline Ever. Never Travel With Them - I Wish I Can Give Negative Rating As They Don't Des

Keith Finney
Keith FinneyInverloch

Business Class - best value for money airline

My wife and I have travelled multiple airlines to the UK. Royal Brunei is easily the best value business class offering good service, flat beds, new planes and relatively fast flight.

Negatives (for some) - no alcohol, 2 stops

Positives - Price is less than half of many airlines and less than Premier Economy with Qantas. Guaranteed flat bed all of the way on Dreamliner

tigerrr
tigerrrSouth Melbourne, Victoria

Great flight

These guys are awesome! Cheap flights but I'm betting they are going to up their prices soon. No alcohol served on board, but u can buy alcohol before leaving duty free in Melbourne and drink on board. But cannot bring it into Brunei. Chairs are big and recline right back. Swear words are cut out in inflight entertainment. We flew from melbourne to dubai for $900 return. Will fly with them again. They do a prayer on the speakers before take off which I thought was nice. Their fleet is the new Dreamliner made by rolls Royce. The lights and windows dim in real time of where you departed to help with jet lag. I never write reviews, but really wanted to, cos I actually hate flying but this flight was great

Enjoyable flight

Travelled Melbourne to London and return in April 2015 in Economy. The crew were very pleasant and accommodating. Brunei stop over is a disappointment there is absolutely nothing there, no duty free of any significance, only one cafe really limited food and beverages. Pity the stop over in Dubai isn't longer so much more to do. Anyway for what the fares cost overall a good experience and arrived safely in London and home again. Thanks RB.

Michael
Michael

Left us for dead

When we wanted to come home from the Philippines a week early due to my wife's brother being murdered, we were told initially that no flights were available, then about 5 minutes later a flight did become available but at the cost of almost two return tickets. We were travelling with a 10 month old baby and funds were limited so this was out of the question. I contacted the Melbourne office of Royal Brunei and suddenly more flights became available (however later in the week) but at substantial fees also. Have flown with Royal Brunei four times in the past two years but never again.

john s.
john s.mulgrave

What a nice way 2 fly.

I have traveled to London in June 2015 and back to Melbourne a month later.I was in business class on both trips and considering my mobility issues since suffering a stroke I needed considerable amount of assistance. I was very pleasantly surprised how well all of Royal Brunei staff have responded to all my needs. This was my first time with this airline but not the last
I look forward to traveling with this airline and the great staff again in the near future.

Flight ok, but side services are terrible, not recommended.

Great until things go wrong

Amazing service and quality!

Flying with Royal Brunei was a dream. From having lounge access at all airports we visited to the wonderful hosts and hostesses on board who greeted you by name and really cared for you, I couldn't fault them. The quality and choice of meals was excellent and no one went hungry! Passenger next to me chooses to fly RB business class every six weeks to the UK and back instead of qantas premium economy because of the terrific value for money. The added bonus of lay flat beds, proper duvets and pillows meant you slept for a lot longer than usual on a long haul and felt more refreshed. The bigger bathroom with fresh flowers was a nice touch. I was sad to say goodbye to the lovely people running service and I will definitely fly again with them.

Bandai SerI Begawan Shame

Nothing against RBA, but customs at Brunei Int. Airport treated me awfully at 18:50, 19/12/2014; Corporal Hamdani smirking as his female assistant Uniform no. 3112 rudely spoke to me and then rudely took away a sealed duty free bottle of alcohol which had been allowed through all other customs. A disgusting display of service.
Returning through the same airport on 10/01/15 at 17:20, hopefully will avoid 'smirky and rudey'; don't know what happened to the sealed gift!

langwarrin
langwarrinlangwarrin

first time with royal brunei

this was the first time with this airline, flew out on 24th of November 2014 from Melbourne to Dubai ,came home on 5th of December 2014,the plane was new 787 Dreamliner it was lovely to fly with staff was friendly and food plenty of it ,loved there uniforms, yes I would fly again with them,

Mel/LHR & Alcohol on RBA

Stacey
StaceyMelbourne

will fly Brunei again

How not to do it

nita & NOEL MCDOUGALL
nita & NOEL MCDOUGALLMelbourne

Standard of service and cost

My husband and I have just had a return flight to London,we just wont to say how happy we was with royal brunei,the service was excellent,. we have used many airlines to travel,but royal brunei was out standing. we was very pleased also with the price,we would highly recommend the airline.a big thankyou we had a lovely holiday thaks to you,cant wait to fly with you again.
everything,the seats the leg room,the service the cabin crew and the price.