Royal Brunei Airlines

Royal Brunei Airlines (page 6 of 7)

2.8

• Seat Room
  • Food
  • In-Flight Service
  • In-Flight Entertainment
amanda_01

amanda_01QLD, 4350

OK

We flew return to London with Royal Brunei last year and got a great price on the flights. The flights ran on time, but we did two stop overs, one at Brunei which was quite a long stopover, and wasn't very good as most of the shops in the airport were shut, and there are not very many facilities there. The second stop over was a very quick one (an hour) in Dubai. I thought the food was actually pretty good and the staff on the whole were quite friendly.
Cheap flights; planes interiors old but clean; food good; staff mostly friendly
Pretty long stopovers; limited in flight entertainment.

Terrible

The plane was old and mostly with techical mulfuction problem and with frequent flight delay.

One with flight delay from 9pm to midnight 2am. Ends up they pay us our hotel and bus transfer cost... (wonder how they make money).
Second time morning flight from Brunei to Sigapore 9am to delay until 12pm, 3 hours delay. The greatest thing is, they loss one of my baggage during returing. Until now, more than 30 hours, they still unable to trace my luggage

Bad bad service, even I am an Brueian. I felt I was paying with low cost flight service, rather choose Air Asia if they giving me this type of service

meibrunei

paulpowell3540Perth, WA

lou_greally

lou_greally

Terrible

I would NEVER fly with these again. After boarding a flight from Dubai to Brunei for 30 mins, just 10 mins before departure myself and my partner were asked to get off the flight because theyd overbooked, we were last on and a family of 4 needed 2 of our seats!! They took us off the flight and the only compensation was a night in a hotel in Dubai and food. I know overbooking is normal but to be taken of a a flight?? Never again.. unless we get compensation, were lodging a complaint!
cheapest at the time of purchase. Most flights have own tvs.
Where do I begin? Overbooking of flights, we were taken off one! A lot of unhelpful staff. Disregard for passengers, old planes. No alcohol served

hahudson

hahudson

Good

I found them very reasonable in price. Service was good. No al cohol on the flight thou . But they offer plenty of soft drink which is probably better for you. The qualaty of the plane seemed good. the sultan of Brunie is invloved so they recken there is plenty of money. I was not so keen on the praying before you take of. Not for the faint heared . It is a muslim air line so less likely to be attacked by muslims radicals . I heard they don't pray before take off any more.
Very good
I had a lot of trouble changing flight dates

gadels

gadels

I travelled to the U.K using Royal Brunei and i loved it. It is well priced and has great service from all the people on the plane. Good entertainment. You can watch your own movie or listen to music or watch the map of where you are flying. I would recomend them to anyone if they want great service at a cheap cost.
Great service. They are always bringing food round to you so you aren't ever hungry. The Air hostesses were really welcoming and made you feel as comfortable as possible.
The only problem i had was tying to check in and getting on to the plane.

d3iltan

d3iltanWA, 6112

alecia_scott

alecia_scottSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good

I enjoyed all four of the flights we had with Royal Brunei airlines. They were reasonably comfortable (as comfortable as a small seat can be), the food was nice, and there was lots of food. If anything, I could probably complain that we were feed TOO much.
I found their staff to be friendly and professional.
I would definately fly with them again.
They had 2 options for dinner. I only eat chicken or fish, and I was able to get something on all 4 flights with them.
They give you a blanket and a cushion, which makes it more comfortable.
They put us up in a hotel overnight because they didn't have any flights going to our final destination that day.

Terrible

I didnt take my flight so I cant comment on that but if you need to cancel your Royal Brunei Flight and get a refund it is a horror story
Competitive prices airfare
I needed to cancel my flight. Be aware that apart from the Royal Bruneis cancellation fee there will be additional fees if you have booked through a travel agent. I was told six to eight weeks to get a refund as the funds have to come from Brunei. I have now been waiting 12 weeks amd have had to seek assistance through the Department of Consumer Affairs. It seems they only need to refund my money in a "fair and reasonable time' which is only determined by a magistrate.

jonesyboy78

jonesyboy78

OK

Not a bad airline but not the best. My wife flew them to the UK from Brunei ex Darwin. She said she will never fly them long haul again because the seats are too cramped. My experience wasn't so bad because my flight was alot shorter.
They have nice modern aircraft and friendly ( if abit shy) staff.
The food is traditional muslim food (so not big on the meat side). The destinations of this airline are a bit dissapointing. They don't really travel to the more popular holiday destinations for Australians. The seats are very cramped and they feel like they were designed for small asian people - Bruneians!

Don't lose your Luggage

Terrible

I would never recommend anyone to take this airline. The in flight service is rude as well as the customer service in the lost and found office. I don't know how I can get any help if this time it is my luggages which I have lost.

the service are bad, no one response to your need. they are rude and would not offer to help.

JayceeOz

JayceeOzAustralia

Good

Found for the cost, this airline was value for money, unlike other reviews here for Royal Brunei, the flights were all on time, staff very friendly & helpful, starting to price themselves out of the market for what they offer, but would fly with them again.
Used to be cheaper than other carriers, good flight crews, flew with them four times to UK & was happy with flights
No personnel screens for movies etc.

bar80

bar80

Good

We booked a flight with Royal Brunei to Bali last year; however, after purchasing our tickets they cancelled their service to Denpasar. They offered us a refund but it was impossible to get a reasonable fare by then (Christmas time) so we had an insane journey there and back which took 3 flights and 2 days each! It did give us lots of time to observe different staff and practices though - all of the staff were extremely friendly and great with children - our kids got colouring packs and activities; special meals which were served first and then ours after they'd finished so we could help them; etc.
cheap fares, friendly ground and cabin crew
long routes that usually involve an overnight stay in Brunei

bunnimon

bunnimon

Bad

Bad

the food was ok the planes were old 767's goodness knows who maintains them next time it will be SQ or MAS not brunei
cost was fine
large numbers of he screens did not work staff told me they report it continually but nothing is ever done our trip was back in 2006 some of the later reviews don't mention this. i was so anoyed that large numbers of the screens did not work i went to their head odffice in dar al whatever! to complain . they couldn't have cared less. only one person takes complaints and they weren't there at the moment. the sultan certainly isn't spending his dollars on his people some pretty ordinary accommodation 4 the locals

patchy

patchy

Good

Flew Royal Brunei to Bangkok. Plane a little dated but was very clean and comfortable. The staff on plane are really lovely, very gracious and always smiling. their service is quick and efficant. I thought the meals were very nice, but you would have to like asian style food to enjoy it. No alcahol seved as it is a Muslim airline. The down side I guess is the stopover in Bada Seri Bagawan, was a couple of hours when your so close to your destination in Thailand, Generally this is a good airline and would probably fly again. Very good priced for children.
Very nice airline staff.