Royal Brunei Airlines

Royal Brunei Airlines

See the Best International Airlines in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Royal Brunei Airlines? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Seat Room
  • Food
  • In-Flight Service
  • In-Flight Entertainment
Vanessa
VanessaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Melbourne to Manila - cheap but long stop over is not worth it

Seat Room
Christine
Christine

Flight experience with food service on the plane (Singapore to Melbourne approximately 7 hours)

I was flying from Singapore to Melbourne on Friday the Ist February 2019, flight B1005, seat Number 52 A and my husband 52 C.At about 3 AM the air hostess came around giving early breakfast with muffins and biscuits, she only gave them to the adjacent seats and neglected giving them to the aisle on my side. Another air hostess (a man) came and gave drinks to both sides of the aisle including us. We were disappointed at the service. We did not ask the air hostess anything about this thinking that they will turn up at some time to come and offer us. We often fly with Brunei Airlines because the flights are cheap.

Mick
MickGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not good customer service

My wife and I have flight with RB and a lay over of 17hrs in Brunei was told at time of making the booking would be allocated hotel, 3 enquires sent on this matter still waiting for a reply and flight is not that far off they can not even send a reply to say we are looking into your enquire, Not good customer service.

amanda_01
amanda_01South East Queensland, QLD

OK

We flew return to London with Royal Brunei last year and got a great price on the flights. The flights ran on time, but we did two stop overs, one at Brunei which was quite a long stopover, and wasn't very good as most of the shops in the airport were shut, and there are not very many facilities there. The second stop over was a very quick one (an hour) in Dubai. I thought the food was actually pretty good and the staff on the whole were quite friendly.
Cheap flights; planes interiors old but clean; food good; staff mostly friendly
Pretty long stopovers; limited in flight entertainment.

International Airlines

Find out how Royal Brunei Airlines compares to other International Airlines

d3iltan
d3iltanWA, 6112

jonesyboy78
jonesyboy78

OK

Not a bad airline but not the best. My wife flew them to the UK from Brunei ex Darwin. She said she will never fly them long haul again because the seats are too cramped. My experience wasn't so bad because my flight was alot shorter.
They have nice modern aircraft and friendly ( if abit shy) staff.
The food is traditional muslim food (so not big on the meat side). The destinations of this airline are a bit dissapointing. They don't really travel to the more popular holiday destinations for Australians. The seats are very cramped and they feel like they were designed for small asian people - Bruneians!

Don't lose your Luggage

funksta_nicki
funksta_nicki

OK

Quite a few problems with the entertainment systems and seats but the crew were extra friendly and did everything that they could to help. The flight overall was ok but next time I would probably pay a bit more and fly with someone else. Godd service for the price paid.
Really polite cabin crew who were more than willing to cater for any requests.
We had to make 2 stopovers on our trip from Perth to London - one in Bruneii (as expected) and one in Dubai. We were on an older plane for 2 of our trips that didn't have personal entertainment systems and the other flights that did only one out of mine and my partners consoles actually worked. Also the seat in front of my partner was broken so it reclined back onto him for the ~11 hour flight.

J60913
J60913

OK

We saved quite a bit between the 3 of us as a family, the teenager refused to eat any of the meals on the way back. Next time I will fly Australian airlines as they serve Aussie food. Airline food was not that bad from when I can remember.
Cheap price, 16 year old got on for 75% of fare, reliable, no delays or problems, lovely staff, great & friendly service.
Food was yuk, plenty of it, but awful, no fresh salads, fruits etc, Allah prayer each time they take off, uncomfortable seats.

International Airlines

Find out how Royal Brunei Airlines compares to other International Airlines

Ishpa S.
Ishpa S.asked

Hello, I will be flying to Dubai (RBA) to do my internship at UAEU. My friend and I have different fare type (booking class), so is it possible for us to seat together when we both check in together?

Jerry J

Upon check in they will usually oblige and let u seat together. All depends how busy the flight will be for the sector. Good luck!

roie
roieasked

hello
If I take alcohol on board can I drink it on board? And will ant of it be confiscated in a stopover in Brunei - I'm going to London.
Also, How much alcohol can be taken in check-in luggage please?

Jerry J

Firstly, u cannot get through the gates before boarding. Your bags are checked by border control and if u succeed then air crew could confiscate your alcohol i guess it's a mark of respect.

Mag's K.
Mag's K.asked

I have not selected a seat for my wife.....Do i have to do this or will she just get allocated one.

Jerry J

U can book seats together 24 hour prior to check in online.

See all Royal Brunei Airlines questions