Royal Brunei Airlines

Royal Brunei Airlines

See the Best International Airlines in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Royal Brunei Airlines? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Seat Room
  • Food
  • In-Flight Service
  • In-Flight Entertainment

Shocking service- trying to get a refund due to COVID 19

Dismayed
DismayedGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Weeks and weeks of lies

Tried to get refunded in March for cancelled flights , they are trying to take processing fee and oblivious to the fact they can’t honour the flight due to the restrictions of Covid 19 ( yeah!)
Been told done on certain date , told to contact bank , given the runaround .
Still no refund in our account.
You must take matters further with this lot as they are being told from the airline how to handle customers .
The fact that we will never use them again doesn’t cut much I know, as they couldn’t give a toss clearly , but people be warned in a problem they are useless albeit cunning.

Disappointed customer

Since covid19 I have contacted Royal Brunei Airlines since the beginning of March for a refund for 4 adults. They have made so many excuses, but I still have no refund. I’m so disappointed with their service and the lack of knowledge and understanding of what’s going on around the globe. Customers should not have to wait 4-6 weeks for a refund, and if that is the case I’ve waited my time, and it’s not a small amount of money. You need a wake up call Royal Brunei.

Jerry JVictoria

Poor Customer Service

Find out how Royal Brunei Airlines compares to other International Airlines

Wonderful Service on board the plane but scum baggage handlers? They are criminals yes in burieni

Prof. John tully
Prof. John tully

Not good enough, RBA

Vanessa
VanessaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Melbourne to Manila - cheap but long stop over is not worth it

jimbo_80
jimbo_80

Not safe

I booked a flight to London with Royal Brunei, as they seemed to have good reviews.
But only a few weeks later it was announced that Sharia Law will apply from April 5, not only in Brunei but also on board their aircraft. Being LGBT, I don't want to run the risk of being jailed, or stoned to death. I pulled out of my flight, but my wallet is now $450 lighter as they wouldn't budge on the cancellation fee.
If you care about human rights, don't fly with this airline.

Don't risk it.

Sharia law applies upon this aircraft. Lousy IFE, not safe to be in Brunei if you have alcohol, are LGTBIQ or get mixed up in other so called crimes. Airport in Bandar is really bad. Lounge so basic. Avoid!

Greg from Australia
Greg from AustraliaSouth East Queensland, QLD

WARNING SHARIA LAW ON BOARD

Boycott this airline and anything to do with this country, including the hotel chain owned by the sultanate.
Sharia law on board the aircraft even when in another country.
This could mean your death for being misconstrued.

Yuck.

Gary Q.
Gary Q.South East Queensland, QLD

I will never fly again with this airline

I have used this airline many times flying from Australia. Unfortunately with the Brunei government's new harsh Sharia Laws I cannot support this airline knowing the proceeds will go to line the pockets of people who introduced such harmful stone age laws!

Find out how Royal Brunei Airlines compares to other International Airlines

Boycott this country and their royal airline

Forget about flying with this airline. If you are LGBT you can be arrested by them and held in international space just for being, gay, lesbian or trans. These people will stone you to death.

Anastasia La Fey
Anastasia La FeyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

HUMAN RIGHTS ABUSERS

Under no circumstance will I, nor should any humane individual, support Brunei in any way following it’s introduced law to stone LGBTQI people to death. This is barbaric and in violation of the human rights of people to live their lives free from harm. I will not ever fly with this airline or support any hotels owned by the Sultan of Brunei while this horrific law is in place.

Tony Science
Tony ScienceSouth East Queensland, QLD

I am shocked that stone age barbarity can continue in the 21St Century.

I am shocked that stone age barbarity can continue in the 21St Century. Don't they have universities over there that explain why people are born gay? It's called science....but ignorance seems to continue the persecution!

Ishpa S.
Ishpa S.asked

Hello, I will be flying to Dubai (RBA) to do my internship at UAEU. My friend and I have different fare type (booking class), so is it possible for us to seat together when we both check in together?

Jerry J

Upon check in they will usually oblige and let u seat together. All depends how busy the flight will be for the sector. Good luck!

roie
roieasked

hello
If I take alcohol on board can I drink it on board? And will ant of it be confiscated in a stopover in Brunei - I'm going to London.
Also, How much alcohol can be taken in check-in luggage please?

Jerry J

Firstly, u cannot get through the gates before boarding. Your bags are checked by border control and if u succeed then air crew could confiscate your alcohol i guess it's a mark of respect.

Mag's K.
Mag's K.asked

I have not selected a seat for my wife.....Do i have to do this or will she just get allocated one.

Jerry J

U can book seats together 24 hour prior to check in online.

See all Royal Brunei Airlines questions