Royal Brunei Airlines

Royal Brunei Airlines

See the Best International Airlines in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Royal Brunei Airlines? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Seat Room
  • Food
  • In-Flight Service
  • In-Flight Entertainment
Nill
NillVictoria

Stolen Luggage $500 lost.

First let me say, in flight the staff are very nice, snacks and drinks make the rounds regularly. I had 2 4 flight in total with Brunei to and from Japan, 2/4
However, on my flight to Tokyo about $500 worth of luggage was stolen right out of my suitcase as Brunei was my connecting flight I didn't notice until i arrived in Tokyo.

Wish I could give a better rating, but luggage handlers that thieve from travellers is simply unacceptable.

James
JamesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor service and stinky hotel stay due to flight delay

Vanessa
VanessaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Melbourne to Manila - cheap but long stop over is not worth it

Seat Room
Christine
Christine

Flight experience with food service on the plane (Singapore to Melbourne approximately 7 hours)

I was flying from Singapore to Melbourne on Friday the Ist February 2019, flight B1005, seat Number 52 A and my husband 52 C.At about 3 AM the air hostess came around giving early breakfast with muffins and biscuits, she only gave them to the adjacent seats and neglected giving them to the aisle on my side. Another air hostess (a man) came and gave drinks to both sides of the aisle including us. We were disappointed at the service. We did not ask the air hostess anything about this thinking that they will turn up at some time to come and offer us. We often fly with Brunei Airlines because the flights are cheap.

Find out how Royal Brunei Airlines compares to other International Airlines

No waiver for cancellation or reschedule due to medical condition

I had to go for surgery today but I've already booked a flight months before to travel in the next 5 days. Was really disappointed to learn that they will not give any waiver (for changing or cancellation fees) what so ever even with a medical note from the surgeon. There is also no written notice regarding this on my ticket or their website. At least an honest upfront warning should be written clearly on this matter in the website.

not happy

they said they would look after my luggage all the way from Melbourne to berlin but when I got to berlin there was no luggage 9 days later I finally got it after chasing it …..also on the way back to Melbourne I had already booked vegan meals on the plane they gave me mine then took it a way as I was dosing and gave it to someone else and then gave me rubbery eggs to eat ...not happy

Terrible experience After travelled with Royal Brunei Airlines 3 years

Terrible, Terrible, Terrible

I traveled with Royal Brunei Airlines before from Melbourne to Kota Kinabalu and that was great. Subsequently, after a few other flights it's terrible. Flights from Melbourne to Brunei were smooth & on time, only to be spoiled by frequent delay up to eight hours to Kota Kinabalu!
Today, our arrival time to Kota Kinabalu is scheduled to arrive at 7.55 pm and now it's going to be delayed for 5 hours arriving at 12.50 am next morning. Our patient is running out.

Delays, delayed

Vietnam to Melb late Dec 2016. 8hr delay .. very poorly handled around.
Now we are currently waiting on our returned flight. Which is also delayed. Going by the other reviews. This airline needs to get its act together!! .. sack your management and get it right ...
Good planes new 787. However with these delays. Your be losing customers hand over fist.

Find out how Royal Brunei Airlines compares to other International Airlines

They knew of a 10 hour delay but not a word until check in time.

Mick
MickGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not good customer service

My wife and I have flight with RB and a lay over of 17hrs in Brunei was told at time of making the booking would be allocated hotel, 3 enquires sent on this matter still waiting for a reply and flight is not that far off they can not even send a reply to say we are looking into your enquire, Not good customer service.

Michael
Michael

Left us for dead

When we wanted to come home from the Philippines a week early due to my wife's brother being murdered, we were told initially that no flights were available, then about 5 minutes later a flight did become available but at the cost of almost two return tickets. We were travelling with a 10 month old baby and funds were limited so this was out of the question. I contacted the Melbourne office of Royal Brunei and suddenly more flights became available (however later in the week) but at substantial fees also. Have flown with Royal Brunei four times in the past two years but never again.

Find out how Royal Brunei Airlines compares to other International Airlines

Flight ok, but side services are terrible, not recommended.

Laan
LaanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great until things go wrong

amanda_01
amanda_01South East Queensland, QLD

OK

We flew return to London with Royal Brunei last year and got a great price on the flights. The flights ran on time, but we did two stop overs, one at Brunei which was quite a long stopover, and wasn't very good as most of the shops in the airport were shut, and there are not very many facilities there. The second stop over was a very quick one (an hour) in Dubai. I thought the food was actually pretty good and the staff on the whole were quite friendly.
Cheap flights; planes interiors old but clean; food good; staff mostly friendly
Pretty long stopovers; limited in flight entertainment.

Ishpa S.
Ishpa S.asked

Hello, I will be flying to Dubai (RBA) to do my internship at UAEU. My friend and I have different fare type (booking class), so is it possible for us to seat together when we both check in together?

Jerry J

Upon check in they will usually oblige and let u seat together. All depends how busy the flight will be for the sector. Good luck!

roie
roieasked

hello
If I take alcohol on board can I drink it on board? And will ant of it be confiscated in a stopover in Brunei - I'm going to London.
Also, How much alcohol can be taken in check-in luggage please?

Jerry J

Firstly, u cannot get through the gates before boarding. Your bags are checked by border control and if u succeed then air crew could confiscate your alcohol i guess it's a mark of respect.

Mag's K.
Mag's K.asked

I have not selected a seat for my wife.....Do i have to do this or will she just get allocated one.

Jerry J

U can book seats together 24 hour prior to check in online.

See all Royal Brunei Airlines questions