Royal Brunei Airlines

Royal Brunei Airlines

See the Best International Airlines in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Royal Brunei Airlines? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Lee
LeeMelbourne

Great airline - Melbourne to London return

Enjoyable flight

Travelled Melbourne to London and return in April 2015 in Economy. The crew were very pleasant and accommodating. Brunei stop over is a disappointment there is absolutely nothing there, no duty free of any significance, only one cafe really limited food and beverages. Pity the stop over in Dubai isn't longer so much more to do. Anyway for what the fares cost overall a good experience and arrived safely in London and home again. Thanks RB.

john s.
john s.mulgrave

What a nice way 2 fly.

I have traveled to London in June 2015 and back to Melbourne a month later.I was in business class on both trips and considering my mobility issues since suffering a stroke I needed considerable amount of assistance. I was very pleasantly surprised how well all of Royal Brunei staff have responded to all my needs. This was my first time with this airline but not the last
I look forward to traveling with this airline and the great staff again in the near future.

Bandai SerI Begawan Shame

Nothing against RBA, but customs at Brunei Int. Airport treated me awfully at 18:50, 19/12/2014; Corporal Hamdani smirking as his female assistant Uniform no. 3112 rudely spoke to me and then rudely took away a sealed duty free bottle of alcohol which had been allowed through all other customs. A disgusting display of service.
Returning through the same airport on 10/01/15 at 17:20, hopefully will avoid 'smirky and rudey'; don't know what happened to the sealed gift!

Find out how Royal Brunei Airlines compares to other International Airlines

Wonderful journey, but web-site and e-mails disappointing

I have flown business class with RBA 15 or more times, and have always been very happy with them. Disappointingly they no longer fly from Brisbane, so I now have to use Melbourne which involves an internal flight from Sunshine coast, plus an expensive overnight stop, so I am starting to look at other airlines.
The staff were all very friendly--especially on the Melbourne to Brunei leg. Pillows and quilts were clean and fresh, and the food was very enjoyable.
Regret the amenity packs are now so poor, as they used to be lovely. I don't like the sloping beds very much. Difficult to find out how many points I need for an upgrade/free ticket and e-mails are often unanswered.

Elaine
ElaineMelbourne

Fantastic

I recently flew from Australia to London and back with Royal Brunei.
Initially i was hesitant due to what i read.
I want to debunk any untruths from my own experience with the airline.
They provided outstanding service with plenty of blankets, food, beverages,all in flight entertainment was plentiful and up to date.
The crew were friendly and helpful.
Toilets were always well stocked and clean.I have flown with many other carriers and believe I provide an unbiased opinion.
I definitely will fly with them again .
Sure ,we had a few stop overs -but this gave you a chance to freshen up and stretch the legs.

Great value for money

Flew return to London. Could not fault airline. Bed ok for money spent. Better value than paying economy fares and having the airport hassles and queues Plus the uncomfortable smaller seating and toilet queues
Fantastic option if you don't want to pay exorbitant business class fares but want a higher level of comfort.
On time and comfortable great value for money

SukMaan Kong
SukMaan KongHobart, TAS

Economy Class (MEL-BSB)

I have flown with RBA from Melbourne to Bandar Seri Begawan a few times now, with a toddler.
The air hostess are general very helpful and accommodating when i travel with a young child.
Their fares are very affordable compare to other international airlines flying in similar region.
Their flights in and out of Melbourne have been good, although they are known to change their routes (They were flying in and out of Brisbane a few years ago then changed that route to Melbourne). When they first started in Melbourne, the flight times were terrible (landing late at night, hence no connecting flights to our destination).
Good fare, good time.
Would like more variety of food

Very relaxing

Much better and cheaper than Qantas Premium Economy. The business class seats were very comfortable and the service prompt and friendly. Being able to use business class lounges especially Etihad at Heathrow was great advantage. I also liked the two stops which enabled me to stretch my legs. Would certainly travel on the airline again.
Comfortable, reliable, friendly

Find out how Royal Brunei Airlines compares to other International Airlines

Overall-Good

Recently travelled to London, Business Class. Service onboard was excellent. Only complaint was that onboard entertainment screen was not working from my husband's seat for the first two legs of our return flight from London to Melbourne. Staff tried to reboot system without success. Very punctual arrival and departure. Express services were excellent. Would definitely travel Royal Brunei again!
Value for money, friendly staff, punctual.

Great airline - will definitely use again.

Agnetes
AgnetesHobart, TAS

Fantastic value in business class

Surprisingly good!

We have just used RBA for the first time from a return trip from Melbourne to London. The plane was spotless, the food good and the service very good.
The online check in leaving the UK was not good-our family was split all over the plane as where the majorioty of the passengers. however, this was easily rectified at the Transit desk at Brunei.
Overall-a good experience-we will fly with them again.

Your average airline

I flew Melbourne to london via Dubai and Brunei. The airline was good, had food that you would expect on an airline but the only thing that bothered was that the air hostesses didnt come when you called for them. The entertainment was mediocre, having a limiyed amount of shows and movies. The stop in dubai was simply piling off the plane, going through security and back out. The complimentary toothpaste didnt have any fluride in it, hence he main engredient was sugar! So, pay the extra $300 and go a quality airline. Its worth it.
Clean plane, on time, smooth takeoff and landing
Bad entertainment, minimal legroom, poor food

kevrowSydney Surrounds, NSW

Good comfortable trip

Flew Melbourne to London via Brunei and Dubai business class. I have flown same route with many other airlines and was a bit apprehensive because of the very cheap price. But I found RBA as good if not better than many others. We had no problems at all and found staff to be very good and very friendly. If I had to think of any cons I could only suggest the movie selection was a bit limited. While not fully lie flat, the business class seats were much better than the angle lie flat seats on other airlines. And the thick doona and large fluffy pillow really made for a comfortable nights sleep. I was pleasantly surprised and will ttravel with them again.
Cheap, very comfortable business class sedats with good service from cabin staff.

kevrow

This is Kevrow again adding to my review above. We have just completed the return leg LHR to Mel business class and my review comments still apply. We had a good comfortable return trip, no problems at all.