Royal Enfield Bullet Classic C5 EFI

Royal Enfield Bullet Classic C5 EFI

See the Best Naked Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

wildbillorange nsw

2018 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Pegasus Edition

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Harry

HarrySavage River Tasmania Australia

Terrible experience

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Better than any chemically induced fun

Date PurchasedSep 2017

My RE 500 Classic chrome/Maroon Bullet

Date PurchasedDec 2014

battler

battlerwynnum

50 yrs have passed

well I am 80yrs old and have fallen in love ...with my new toy my endfeild 500 classic with sidecar.....army green ... now I need a little help how do I stop the shakeing....how do I go about it ....can anyone help dave I live in austrailia ..can anyone here tell me where to get it fixed

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Love my bike !!

Love my bike " Betty Maude " who I named after my dear mother now not with us. Mum hated motor bikes !!
C5 500 EFI Blacl Classic.
I'm looking to fit a Side Car , please all advice good or bad welcome , ie Brand , Price , Installation Tips etc

Date PurchasedJul 2013

gori

goriAdelaide

Best classic bike

my dad gave me this bike when i was only 14 years old to ride to school (was a spoilt kid), then I took this bike to world war second where british use to ride this bike for their dates. it was fun to travel by time machine as this bike took me around all the years of britishers in india

Date PurchasedJul 2004

Mr DiscreteTasmania, 7270

Yes you have it -

I have a new Classic 500 and due to being away from the bike world for some 25 years - the Enfield is very modern to me!!! Dual shocks, low down thumper torque and a riding position that in non foetal!!! I like to look where I am going - maintenance issues are nil compared to Yamahas of the 1970s - love this bike - Indians are great at quality hand made stuff - and the bike is "Industrial" as compared to modern hi tech brutal rev powered scream machines - so different - but so normal to me.

Back to the Future...

I agree with Sarge on his realistic thoughts about the modern Royal Enfields (RE). I've owned a number of bikes, beginning with a Honda 350 Scrambler, then a Triumph 650 Bonneville, to a Harley Sportster, a Honda 450 café racer, then a Kawasaki 900 Spectre, a Harley Sportster 883, a 100th anniversary Electra-Glide standard (with a sidecar later), and now my 2015 RE Bullet 500 Classic. The Royal Enfield is a blast from the past, but without all of the maintenance (and possible headaches) of vintage bikes. A totally satisfying ride if your expectations are in-line with an updated, modern iteration of a motorcycle from the 1950s and 60s.

Perfect bike

Love it..
No problem..
Value of money, one should give it a go and experience it. Nice shape. Nice noise made by mufler. Comfortable and main thing is, it is stable while driving. Not a toy for beginners. . .
I would love to keep it with me.

Worst bike I've ever owned

Date PurchasedJul 2012

Sarge18

Sarge18Hobart, TAS

Value for money, and hard to kill.

Paddy02

iMotorhome
iMotorhome

Thanks, very helpful!

davidasked

i am in the market for a enfield bullet 500, my only issue is, would the bike be to small for me, i am 6feet 2 inch tall and need to know if any other rider has thoughts on this?

wildbill

probably not the ideal choice but if you really like the bike i think you could live with that. just dont expect a power house. its a fun bike with lots of character but lacks power

david

Thank you for your response seems to be the bike is worth the sacrifice in power for it's personality thank you

battler

battlerasked

Anyone no who can set up a sidecar as mine is all out of wak or where to go to get it done?

Was warned against it as unstable and dangerous if your not an experienced rider which I'm not.
So have shelved the idea for now .
Most I have asked said to get the car manufacturer to fit.

Mr Discrete

Mick Lemon who lives in Exeter Tasmania 0400 660 926. He is absolute expert.

Mr Discrete

You need to put a steering damper on too.
This page has the measurements

Flannel Broken Hill

Flannel Broken Hillasked

Can anybody please give me some advice on the purchase and fitting of a Side Car to my Royal Enfield C5 EFI Classic ?
Good or bad all advice welcome .

Pterodactyl
Pterodactyl

Flannel, I've been motorcycling for 50+ years. For the last 4 years, I've owned and ridden a Harley-Davidson Electra-Glide with a sidecar, in addition to owning a 2015 Royal Enfield C5 EFI Classic. Driving (not riding) with a sidecar is a very different experience than riding a motorcycle -- there is no leaning the motorcycle with a sidecar -- you steer/drive it. For most, taking a turn on the motorcycle side is no problem; but taking a turn on the sidecar side (especially without a passenger) can be a scary -- especially at speed or a tight turn -- the sidecar will lift its wheel, and unless you properly steer the motorcycle/sidecar, it will go straight. Plus, sidecars need to be aligned for all-around stability, so it's not a good idea to remove it once attached to your motorcycle. Having said this, the only sidecar I would recommend is Cozy -- it's basically light weight, well-constructed, and visually goes with a Royal Enfield C5 EFI Classic. Your RE gearing will be fine, but don't expect strong acceleration or high speed cruising -- 60 mph is it; I'd stay at 55 mph or less. You should be no heavier than 200 lbs. and your passenger no more than 150 lbs. Regards, Pterodactyl

Thanks mate valuable information and much appreciated .
Still have to convince the minister for finance that this is a good idea for her , me & grandchildren etc but I'm inching closer that an old guy like me can potter around quit safely with one of these and have a lot of fun .
Thanks again Pterodacytyl.

Stable
Stable

What Pterodactyl says about cornering is true, a number of people have been killed in my local area ALL on left hand bends. Not had sidecars myself but my dad had a few and my mechanic was an experienced sidecarist too. Dad recons the sidecar needs a brake to apply on left hand bends, along with acceleration, and the mechanic recommends proper sidecar forks not telescopics. I'd rather have a real car or a two wheeler. The German Army WW2 sidecars were a whole set up with sidecar having powered drive, not just something stuck on the side of a solo bike.

Get an answer from our members and Royal Enfield representatives