RSPCA Pet Insurance Basic Accident Only Cover

RSPCA Pet Insurance Basic Accident Only Cover

Mikayla

MikaylaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Never knew how worth it this was until I needed it!

I have been paying pet insurance with RSPCA for 3 years now and I remember being very easy to set up. I always felt it was pretty good value for what it covered, even at the most basic level. I just recently lodged a claim online for my dog and got approved and funds transferred to my account within 5 business days! it was so quick and easy and now I am so thankful that I had insurance.

Peppy

PeppyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

suits my needs better than long term current insurer

Policy good,easy to set up. Irene was extremely helpful and informative. Explained my options well. After many years with current insurer whose annual increases were astronomical, your costs were quite reasonable considering my dog is getting on.

Rawinia

RawiniaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

love it very fast and effective response back

This is a good policy value for money for my dog and very easy to set. Only just started with this company. And will stay with this company in future.

Carolyn

CarolynSydney, NSW

Ok service

Hi Carolyn,
Thank you for reaching out to us. Customer feedback is extremely important to us especially because they provide us with opportunities to improve. I have sent you a private message to obtain further information.

Lisa

LisaMid North Coast, NSW

very good

RSPCA insurance is very good however i would like to have the option of being covered for dental as this is a regular and expensive procedure. claims are paid in a reasonable period of time

Claim DateOctober 2019

Abigail

AbigailSydney Surrounds, NSW

Efficient and necessary, just wish the cost covered teeth too.

I am happy with the service. For the cost, it would be really great to have more services like teeth clean say every 2 to 3 years. Holes etc would be extra, but a standard clean would be really welcome. Being flexible and changing the standards would be excellent.

Hi Abigail,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, we really appreciate it. We are always looking for ways to enhance the services that we provide to our customers and your feedback will assist with this.
Jessica

best thing I have done for my animals

this is the first pet insurance I have ever taken out and
am so pleased I did, as it is an excellent way to help looking
after your animals that mean so much to you and specially being
a pensioner

Hi Cindy,
I am thrilled to hear that we can provide you with the peace of mind, knowing that your pets are covered. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, we really appreciate it.

Simon

SimonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Insurance - Great Cover

The policy has been great value. After two years of no claims, we unfortunately had to make one. RSPCA were helpful and understood our position and paid out the claim.
We couldn't be happier

GET PET INSURANCE

Great old mate who helped me was bang on. Good value love the RSPCA. Insure your dog you mutt! Why wouldn't you. It's less than a cup of coffee DO IT

Hi John,
Welcome to the RSPCA family. It is our pleasure to be able to offer you cover suitable to your dogs needs. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.
Sharon

Ian Luke

Ian LukeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Decent cover, lacked communication

ljowenSydney, NSW

Customer service seriously lacking

I had 2 pets with RSPCA pet insurance and tried to add a third. When I went to make a claim for third they had no record of the addition or my call (even though I can see it on my phone call history) so I was unable to claim. I then organised insurance for all 3 pets elsewhere and when I called to cancel policy got put through to ask how I would rate the call rather than put through to the appropriate person (after an extended time on hold).

William W.

William W.South East Queensland, QLD

Pet Saver

This accident only policy for our dog, Siaana, was exactly what was required for a energetic young pup.
Being young it was only a matter of time before she had a accident, and sure enough she had a minor accident, So for her the policy is good value and very easy to set up.
We had too lodge a claim after only two weeks of taking it out and after all the documents from the vet was submitted the claim was resolved in a very short space of time and yes we did get 80% back. So i am very happy with our decision to take it out

Martin M

Martin MGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A complete waste of money!!!!

I've had this policy for years and never claimed until my pets were over 10 years old.. and guess what? They are not covered. So if you have an old pet don't use this pet insurance.....it's useless. Also they don't cover for emergency cover unless you have the top cover and of course your pet is between 8 months to 9 years old. Once again and complete rort. This insurance is putting a bad name of RSPCA.

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat

Martina

MartinaSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Awesome experience and so impressed with how quick you pay! I just wish you insured horses!

So easy and quick for claiming! Wish you covered horses! Takes the stress out of a difficult situation and so easy to lodge a claim, like having profiles on each pet!

Edward

EdwardSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good cover

Good value.
Easy to make claim. All claim work done without paper.
Very fast response to the lodgement and cheque in mail in 2 weeks..
Had policy for 3 years.
Would recommend to friends.

Rae

RaePenrith

All claims were immediately rejected despite being valid

I have been with RSPCA insurance for over 2 years. Each time I lodged a claim it was immediately rejected - the date of the letter being the same date I lodged the claim. The claim would then have to be reviewed and would be validated as being correct under the terms of the policy and paid out. Speaking to operators who do not speak English well was very frustrating and the whole experience woefully disappointing and annoying. Anthony in Customer Service was the only good to come of the whole debacle. I would rather pay interest on my credit card than give any more money to (Hollard) the underwriters of this insurance. And not much goes to the RSPCA anyway, I am better off giving them a donation directly.

Customer RelationsRSPCA Pet Insurance

So glad for pet insurance!

I feel that the ACL cover amount could be higher as the procedure cost almost $5K.
The claim it self was dealt with accordingly. I have been with RSPCA pet insurance for 2 years.

Bad customer service

Since seeing the tv ad on Thursday the 7th (after 6pm) and simply just wondering how much it was, I have been rung over 10 times (thankfully none over the weekend). I have not answered once as I do not answer numbers I do not recognise however googled the number finding out it was RSPCA.
Customer service tip from me:
Ring ONCE, leave a message saying who you are, number to call back etc
If they answer or ring back, FANTASTIC! If not, do not continually ring them because frankly, it is annoying.

Daniella

DaniellaAustralian Capital Territory

Old dog rights

I find it a bit silly you don't cover old dogs over the age of 9. The only cover you give them is accidents only. I have been pretty lucky with my dog and have only needed a surgery now to remove a cancer lump she is 14 years old. Give old dogs rights haha. Otherwise I find it easy to communicate and fair cost for insurance when I was with you guys.

Hi Daniella,
Thank you for your feedback. Keeping an open dialogue with our customers is how we improve the service we offer, and your feedback will assist with this.
Sharon

Thomas

ThomasNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Excellent service

Quick and easy to access operator was excellent all details were explained and easy to understand the application was very simple everything was done over the phone and completed within a few minutes couldn't be better