RSPCA Pet Insurance General Accident & Illness Cover

RSPCA Pet Insurance General Accident & Illness Cover

• Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks (25) · <1 week (25) · 2-4 weeks (19) · 1-2 months (5) · 3+ months (4)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (69) · No (5)

Donald

DonaldPerth, WA

Too many hoops to jump through in order to get a claim processed.

Setting up was easy and its no problem taking my money but when you have to pay you make it very hard. There are way too many hoops to jump through to get a claim accepted.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateJune 2019

Odette

OdetteSydney, NSW

Terrible - I’m thinking to cancelling my pet insurance as it’s such as waste of money.

Most claims are rejected with no real explanation why. It’s such a waste of money and feel it would be better spent elsewhere. My first claim took about 3 months to resolve.

Claim ApprovedNo
Sandy F

Sandy F

The best insurer for our much loved furbaby

Our pet insurance has certainly been worth every cent. This is a wonderful company who have been compassionate and fully supportive whenever we have needed them for our French bulldog

Payton D.

Payton D.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great consultant and SUPER simple to organise

Madison was great to talk to, very down to earth and knew what she was talking about. Was able to offer me the cover that best suited my pet and I. Setting up the policy was incredibly easy and straight forward and is great value.

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
Claim MadeNo

payment by cheque

My claims seem to be paid fairly, as per my cover, so I have no problem with that. But why, when my premium is taken out by automatic bank transfer, does the RSPCA pet insurance pay me by cheque? There is only one logical answer to this, which is that they know a cheque, especially for a small amount, is unlikely to be banked straight away, and in the meantime, they keep the interest which accrues.
I'd like to suggest that I pay my premium by cheque, and see how they react to that, but I already know the answer.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Too much info

I found it difficult when repeatedly ask for extra info for a relatively small claim. Once I finally got the info from the vet I received the cheque. However I am considering cancelling the policy as I don't think it is good value for money and I don't see why you have to keep supplying vet notes etc. With other insurances you may have a medical at the time of joining but you don't have to keep providing. If I ensure a healthy dog and provide the vets assessment to say that at the time of taking out the policy then that should be that.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Horrible everything!

I got my first dog by myself and wanted to have insurance so if anything happen my boy would be okay. I had the best cover, most expensive and the first 3 years on that cover my dog experience a multitude of issues adding up to around $6000! Not a single dollar covered! So I changed to general accident cover. And again another $4000 in the last 2 years and nothing horrible customer service I paid around $3000 for basically the postage of letters declining my claims. Even my vet was horrified about the lack of care and service I have experienced!

Claim ApprovedNo

Hi Courtney,
We’re sorry to hear about your recent claiming experience. I have sent you a private message as we would like to look into this further.
Jessica

You need to insurer your pets

The policy can be a little expensive.Was really easy to setup .Didnt take long when I lodge a claim.It was all on line which made it really easy .Been with RAPCA over a year

Claim DateOctober 2019

Hi Louise,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I’m glad to hear our team was able to assist in setting up your policy for you and your claim submission was met with ease.
Alisa

Louise

LouiseGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not flexible

Not good value for money. Completely inflexible, have been with them for approx 16 years. Although easy to submit claims, the premiums are extortion, I pay more for pet insurance than I do my own health insurance. I wouldn't recommend.

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
Happy customer

Happy customerCanberra 2600, ACT

Speedy reimbursement

I’ve made three claims this year - every claim was quickly processed. I am glad we are with RSPCA pet insurance - it makes dealing with a stressful situation so much easier.

Ashley

AshleySydney, NSW

Take a bow RSPCA Pet Insurance

I am an unashamed fan, we have made two claims, they were processed very quickly and was informed via text on each step.
I would have no hesitation in recommending RSPCA Insurance to friends, business associates and family.

Vivian

VivianGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Can't believe I haven't insured my pets in the past.

Can't believe how easy it is to lodge a claim and how quickly it is resolved. Now I know the process it is so easy...and great value. Have been with RSPCA Pet Insurance for 7 months and have made 2 claims, successfully. First pet we have ever ensured...no regrets at all. Thank you RSPCA.

Sean

SeanSouthwest, VIC

Bad coms around when you’re allowance resets

Been with RSPCA for 4-5 years, was good at the start with efficient payment but has dropped off the longer we are with them. Not sure why the need to resubmit a full medical history on each claim.

Sophia

SophiaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing Cover

Easy and amazing coverage similar to my own Insurance. Couldn't be happier, Vet chosen was able to process claim in house. Out of pocket funds was minimal, which was great at Christmas time.

RSPCA is amazing

Policy was good value that I chose. I think RSPCA is a great cause and will support in anyway I can. We also rescued our puppy from the RSPCA in Weston creek ACT.

Claim MadeNo

Great pet insurance

We have been with RSPCA for 1 year now and they always pay our claims quickly and with ease. Very lucky to have got this as our rescue dog has been full of suprises. Great value.

Christina

ChristinaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very quick and easy to claim

Once I lodged the claim I had the outcome within a few days.
We have been insured the with RSPCA pet insurance for 2 years.
The policy was easy to set up and customer service was fantastic and very helpful.

Hi Christina,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am thrilled to hear of the great service that you have received from our team and of the ease in which you were able to submit your claim.
Jessica

Amazing

Made a huge number of claims for my 2 dogs over the past 12 months and received over 50% of my bills back within 3 days of lodging the claim. Super easy online lodging, no investigations.

Barbara

Barbara

I purchased pet insurance through RSPCA when my dog was a puppy. I thought that I wouldn't ever use it, I was wrong.

The policy that I took out was very easy to set up. The cost is affordable, and has certainly come in handy.
I have lodged a few claims, which were promptly taken care of, no dramas at all.
I am glad we have this insurance, it has given me peace of mind for my dogs care.

PeterwLaunceston, TAS

Hoped not to have to use it, but when we did it has been terrific

My attitude to any insurance is that you don't know whether it is good value until you need to make a claim. In this instance, I'm very happy to recommend the insurance to friends and families. Lodging the claim was straight forward once the required documentation had been collected. The claim was cleared and paid into my account in a very timely manner. No fuss, straight forward and well explained.

Hi Peterw,
What a wonderful review. I am delighted to hear you found making a claim with us to be straightforward and without fuss. Thank you for sharing your experience and for recommending us to you family and friends.
Sharon

Peterw

I would be the first to complain when I feel agrieved, but I do try to give praise when it's due. Thanks for your message. Another gold star!