RSPCA Pet Insurance General Accident & Illness Cover

RSPCA Pet Insurance General Accident & Illness Cover

Pet Insurance Buying Guide

If your dog or cat becomes sick, pet insurance can help get the treatment they deserve. For a better idea of how pet insurance works, continue reading so you can make an informed choice.

Read now

• Claim Resolution Time<1 week (2), 1-2 weeks (4), 2-4 weeks (8), 1-2 months (2) and 3+ months (3)
  • Claim ApprovedYes · No (21)
Sigi

SigiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Really Difficult to Contact

Our Dog passed away on 12the of March and call them to cancel the policy and try get refund. Every time they drop the call and no refund. Terrible service

Claim DateMay 2020
Sylvia V

Sylvia VGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good but cover Behavior visits and meds. For the price, dogs health, your bottom line, should be included.

Been with RSPCA for many many years multiple dogs. Very easy to set up although with multiple dogs can’t complete online. Usually easy to deal with. Claims usually resolved quickly. Covering from a puppy should not need a seperate cruciate ligament Clearance vet visit and form that is not Even covered. Cost of cover should not increase so much as dogs get older. When you join that is not clearly explained. Mental health leads to physical probs so should be included.

Claim DateMarch 2020
Brian

BrianSydney, NSW

Crap - nothing gets refunded !

$50 a year for general shots is all I get refunded / nothing else! My dog had a strange infection and nothing refunded so far. ! Why is this so hard??? Surely this shouldn’t be so hard!!!

Claim DateJuly 2020
Pet Insurance

Find out how RSPCA Pet Insurance General Accident & Illness Cover compares to other Pet Insurance

Nicki N.

Nicki N.Sydney, NSW

Appalling Heading to Ombudsman. Would not recommend RSPCA Pet Insurance and feel their ads are very misleading.

Resolve a claim well let's see I lodged Monday and today got told - no. Even though I signed up for illness and injury - so fast at saying no to claims

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateJuly 2020

Hi Nicki,
I am sorry to hear of your recent claims experience and would appreciate the opportunity to look into your experience further. I have sent you a private message to obtain your policy details.
Jessica

Hardly anything covered, everything denied as pre-existing

Policy not good value. Over $200 a month for two dogs and hardly anything covered. Would be better to put that money aside and self insure. Claims settled quickly but almost always denied.

Claim DateJune 2020
Michael
Michael
Terry

TerryWheatbelt, WA

Good coverage, found it hard to understand what our dog is covered for

Good coverage and yes it was easy to set up
Claims take 2 to 3 weeks to settle
Been with the company for approximately 10 years and had good service. Would recommend it

Maria Angela C.

Maria Angela C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Claim refused and unable to cancel the policy

We lodged a claim for our dog for dental treatment. $2,000 worth of work and not covered. We requested a cancelation but we had to pay for the whole year from the date of our policy. We calculated that the Money we paid per month for the last few years would have covered the cost of the dental work. We also had to ring them to find out what was happening with our claim. In my opinion, insurance companies are a rip off. Very disappointed!!

Claim DateMay 2020
Jasmine

JasmineSydney, NSW

Was disappointed

Did not get any information back regarding my claim no refund or explanation why or why not I didn’t get one I was asking by email but no reply so yes was not happy

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat and Dog
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateApril 2020

Hi Jasmine,
I am sorry to hear that you have not received an update on your claim. We would appreciate the opportunity to look into your experience and I have sent you a private message to obtain further information.

Rineco

Rineco

I've had this cover for my boys since I had them more than 10 years now. It's great!

good value, easy claim lodgement and quick response from the claims team. I've been with RSCPA Pet Insurance since I had my boys, so that's more than 10 years now!

Jo SmithPerth, WA

Very ordinary

Claiming is difficult and they claim pre existing things that are not. How can an ear infection be pre existing. Pup had one and it cleared up. 6 months later he has another. They are two separate infections but because vet said it "might" be caused by allergies it becomes pre existing.

Don’t bother!

Don’t bother trying to make a claim as they try and find any excuse not to cover it. They won’t cover my dog for a simple ear infection because he had ear mites 3 years ago even though my vet said it wasn’t caused by ear mites! When I emailed them they didn’t want to help me and now I have no reply. I am worried that if something serious happens to my dog they wont cover him :(

Claim DateMarch 2020
Rebecca J.
Rebecca J.

Thanks Alisa but I have emailed you guys multiple times and your employees still refuse to cover it. I have inboxed you.

Hi Rebecca,
I understand you have spoken with one of our team members and your claim has been referred for further review.
Alisa

Kim

KimMid North Coast, NSW

Have never been so disappointed.

Sure, it is so easy to join up, they welcome you with open arms, easy peasy! But don't try to claim, they will wiggle their way out of anything. I think it is very sad that this company is flying on the shirt tails of such a worthy company as the actually RSPCA, who do a wonderful job. And did you know that an ingrown hair follicle would later on be deemed as a skin condition, so no cover for allergies etc. Really pathetic. Would not advise anyone to joint this insurance company.

Sera

SeraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very difficult to get a claim approved

It is very difficult to get a claim approved from RSPCA even though you have provided all details. They are asking for all vet history from the time the pet was bought till now. ridiculous for a claim of less than 100 dollars they are asking these many details and dragging the claim approval. Just trying to drag the claim. Never this sort of response from RSPCA.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateFebruary 2020
Claire M.

Claire M.Perth, WA

About to cancel

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
Claim DateFebruary 2020
Customer RelationsRSPCA Pet Insurance

Terrible experience, would not recommend!

Rejected our claim because we told our vet that our dog drank a bit of water and they used this as a prior symptom. After we cancelled our insurance they sent us a letter stating their condolences for the death of our dog (dog was definitely not dead). Extremely impersonalble and stressful process. Will use any information you have provided to the vet to reject your claims.

Rory

RorySydney, NSW

Worthless insurance, RSPCA will do whatever they can to avoid paying claims.

The sales team is based in Australia, as soon as you need to make a claim though your call is diverted to unhelpful people in the Phillipines. Our claim has been rejected in full despite the condition definitely not being pre-existing. Very unethical insurer, would never recommend them to anyone.

Claim DateDecember 2019
Odette

OdetteSydney, NSW

Terrible - I’m thinking to cancelling my pet insurance as it’s such as waste of money.

Most claims are rejected with no real explanation why. It’s such a waste of money and feel it would be better spent elsewhere. My first claim took about 3 months to resolve.

Claim DateJanuary 2020

Hi Odette,
I am very sorry to hear of the delay you have experienced with your claim. We would appreciate the opportunity to look into your experience and I have sent you a private message to obtain further information.

Horrible everything!

I got my first dog by myself and wanted to have insurance so if anything happen my boy would be okay. I had the best cover, most expensive and the first 3 years on that cover my dog experience a multitude of issues adding up to around $6000! Not a single dollar covered! So I changed to general accident cover. And again another $4000 in the last 2 years and nothing horrible customer service I paid around $3000 for basically the postage of letters declining my claims. Even my vet was horrified about the lack of care and service I have experienced!

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateJanuary 2020

Hi Courtney,
We’re sorry to hear about your recent claiming experience. I have sent you a private message as we would like to look into this further.

Suzanne

SuzanneHunter Region, NSW

They lost our claim and were less than helpful

It took far too long to resolve our claim
We are still waiting
For the money we pay I feel we do not get value
We provided documentation and we always seem to provide more

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat and Dog
Claim DateOctober 2019
Jennett

JennettSouth Australia

You asked for feedback, this is it

I am writing on behalf of my mother who has impaired vision. She posted her claim, as a postal address was provided. The claim has still not been settled from September. On the 13th Dec, I phoned to speak to a accounts staff member as mum had received a letter saying the required information had not been received. I was told that as it was posted, there can be a long time to process. The staff member rang the vet whilst I was on the phone and said that the vet was sending them the information via email and it would be finalised within 7 -10 days. Mum has now received another letter saying the information has not been received,

Claim DateSeptember 2019