32 questions from our users

Tarni.G

Tarni.Gasked

RSPCA Pet Insurance

Do I have to pay for vaccines then make a claim

Hi Tarni,
Thank you for your question. When submitting a claim, you are required to include a copy of both the itemised invoice and the consultation notes from your vet visit. As an itemised invoice is required, you would need to pay for the treatment prior to submitting your claim.
Jessica

Meesh S.

Meesh S.asked

RSPCA Pet Insurance

Before I choose RSPCA injury and illness pet insurance cover, I’m wondering if it will cover consultations and treatment due to a yeast infection in his ear/s?? as he’s prone to them and so is his breed.
Micha & Rocky

Hi Micha & Rocky,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. The intention of RSPCA Pet Insurance is to help Cover unforeseen Vet Expenses associated with Pet ownership. However not all expenses are covered. If your pet has experienced yeast infections of the ears prior to the Commencement Date or during any applicable Waiting Period, it may be considered a Pre-existing Condition. Further information is available in our Product Disclosure Statement; https://www.rspcapetinsurance.org.au/RSPCA/media/Documents/rspca-policy-booklet.pdf or alternatively, I can arrange for a team member to contact you. If you would like a call, please send me a private message with your contact details.
Jessica

Sue Cooperasked

Hi team
I changed from my previous insurance company who I had been with for over 8 years (with very few claims) as I was unhappy with the changes in my policy and had read so many good reviews about RSPCA.
I had my dog examined by the vet to complete the cruciate ligament form late afternoon on 18 April and posted it the next day (Good Friday) in a post box outside my local post office.
I received a letter dated 5 May saying the form would not be accepted as it was received more than 14 days after examination date and I would have to visit my vet again at my cost and resubmit the form.
I called your office today and was informed the form was received 3 May ... 1 day after the 14 days allowed!
Surely there could be an allowance made for the Easter and Anzac Day public holidays with Australia Post delivery times?
I do not have access to a fax and was only told today that it is possible to email the form (which is not stated on the form).
I’m really not happy with having to pay another examination fee when through no fault of mine the form arrived 24 hours after the designated time frame!
Can you please reconsider before I have to visit the vet tomorrow evening for another examination?

GenevieveC
GenevieveC

I think that your insurance company should pay you as well and do not go to the vet because really, if you can keep your animal in good health, it is better than going to the vet. They only make money and good one at that.

Hi Sue,
Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to learn of your experience when submitting your cruciate ligament form. I would like the opportunity to look into this further for you. Can you please send your policy number in a private message together with your contact number and I will arrange for this to be escalated to our Customer Resolutions Officer.
Tess

Thanks Tess
I’m not sure how to send a PM ?

Donna C.asked

RSPCA Pet Insurance

I have a ultimate policy for my cat, but its now over $50 a fortnight!
I have made one small claim in the past 7years and got back $50!
I find these fortnightly payments extreme!
How do i cancel my policy? Is there a penalty for cancelling before policy expires?

Hi Donna,
Thank you for reaching out to us and I am sorry to hear that you wish to cancel your policy. I can arrange for a team member to contact you to discuss your request, if you could please private message me your policy number together with your contact details. Alternatively, you can contact our customer service team on 1300 855 150 Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm (AEST).
Tess

Kobie P.
Kobie P.

wow thats alot Donna, I am looking at getting RSCPA insurance but the ulitimate policy is only $30 per month or 738 a year before discount .. how quicky did it rise to $50 a month, sounds super high, especially if you only had one low claim ,...

Over 7 years the would be close to 7K in premiums i would guess.

Donna C.

Yes it was high! Didn’t really get any notification that it had increased either. I have since cancelled my policy and gone with green cross directly. Yep $7000 wasted!

Starfishasked

RSPCA Pet Insurance

What is the dollar figure given to RSPCA? it says only 'up to' 10% of premiums in first year. What about years after that?

Benedict G.RSPCA Pet Insurance

Hi there, depending on your coverage type, up to 10% of your premiums go towards the RSPCA to support animals that aren't as lucky as your pets, for the first 12 months of your policy.

Starfish

What about after the first 12 months?

mary.lambert 197

mary.lambert 197asked

RSPCA Pet Insurance

Can i make a claim before my dog is desexed has a ultrasound and blood test done its all going to cost me $1070?
thankyou

Benedict G.RSPCA Pet Insurance

Hi Mary, thanks for getting in touch. Your attending Vet must complete all sections on the claim form following your visit so your claim can be processed. As per your Product Disclosure Statement, elective treatments and procedures such as desexing and pre-anesthetic blood tests are not covered unless stated otherwise on your Certificate of Insurance. If you have any more questions, please refer to our attached policy booklet or provide us with your contact number via a private message and we can organise for a team member to contact you to discuss further. https://bit.ly/2rfCEul

Maria A

Maria Aasked

RSPCA Pet Insurance

Do I have to pay the vet the full amount up front then get a refund?

Greenstone F.RSPCA Pet Insurance

Hi Maria, thanks for your enquiry. You will need to pay the vet up-front and you can then claim up to 80% reimbursement for covered items.

Nay88

Nay88asked

RSPCA Pet Insurance

I have had RSPCA pet insurance for less than 30 days and I would like to cancel it how do I do that?

Greenstone F.RSPCA Pet Insurance

Hello, please call our team on 1300 881 492 thanks.

Kurt
Kurt

I canceled 4 times verbal, but the "Lady " just ignored me and it ! so: I went to my BANK and told them : that, that Insurence can`t never,ever take Money out of my Account and they where blocked and cancelled ! after that RSPCA send me threatening email`s etc. that they will blacklist me or.. and no other Insurance company will ever accept me !! I didn`t react, I just thought f y self and the "other" Insurance company just laugh about it when I told them and insured my Dog straight away without any Problems

Aaron

Aaronasked

RSPCA Pet Insurance

How long does it take to be notified after a claim is made?

RitchieRSPCA Pet Insurance

Hi Aaron, thanks for the message. Each case is different. Have you submitted your claim? If you would like, we can have a member of the Claims Team contact you and give a status on your claim. Please send us your policy details in a private message on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/RSPCAPetInsurance). Thank you.

Eve

Eveasked

RSPCA Pet Insurance

On ultimate cover, is luxating patella covered?

Greenstone F.RSPCA Pet Insurance

Hi Eve, thanks for your enquiry. As per the terms and conditions of the policy booklet, patella luxations are are not covered in this policy.

Nick

Hi Eve I Don Not Know what Luxating patelle is but I am sure guys from RSPCE pet insurance do not know either so to be sure they always say no. If you ask them to point on the policy wording where it says that it is not covered , you will get no answer.

Sandy

Sandyasked

RSPCA Pet Insurance

Thinking of cancelling our insurance for our rottweiler & Shepherd. We pay $80+ for 1 dog & $50+ for the other a month. It seems like a lot of money over time, especially if it goes up each year. What if we dont need to make a claim?Is it worth canceling & putting an amount away each month? If something does happen that needs vet care & you cant afford to pay upfront can RSPCA insurance work something out for you?

Nickname
Nickname

If your dogs are on the highest cover and have been since they were young ( under7) it may be beneficial however I personally would pop money aside eah week as some vets offer vet pay.Thats like ezi pay for pet bills. Not once did I recieve one cent back for my dog Bells. So angry. You really need to read all the small print. Unless its a snake bite or hit by a car I see no value at all in basic cover RSPCA pet insurance. I only was able to afford it when she was 8. I thought it could help me from not making a decision based on finances as she grew up.Dental not covered. Skin conditions not covered. Stuff all covered. Hope this helps.

Greenstone F.RSPCA Pet Insurance

Hi Sandy, thanks for your enquiry. With RSPCA Pet Insurance you are covered for up to 80% of the cost of eligible vet bills when your dog or cat is unexpectedly sick or injured. If you'd like further information about your policy or clarification on what is and isn't covered within the policy please call us on 1300 881 492.

Sean

Seanasked

RSPCA Pet Insurance

Hi under what conditions and what policy is luxating patella covered?

Customer RelationsRSPCA Pet Insurance

Hi Sean, thanks for getting in touch. If you could please send us a private Facebook message with your contact details and the best time to call you, our Service Team would be happy to help answer your questions. Our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/RSPCAPetInsurance/

Nakita

Nakitaasked

RSPCA Pet Insurance

Deceased Pet , unsure on how to remove details without calling RSPCA?

Greenstone F.RSPCA Pet Insurance

Hi Nakita, we'd like to extend our condolences on the passing of your pet. We do require to contact you to confirm your cancellation; if you could please share your policy details with us in a private message we will have a Service Manager contact you directly. If you'd like to contact us on Facebook you can find us at www.facebook.com/RSPCAPetInsurance thank you.

Denise

Deniseasked

I have 3 older dogs.
Rosie Pomeranian female born in 2006

Charlie Pomeranian Male born in 2005

Hodgson XCorgi male born in 2006
All 3 dsexed.
I need a quote for the 3 dogs.
Do get a senior's discount?

Customer RelationsRSPCA Pet Insurance

Hi Denise, our Service Team can assist you with this enquiry. Please send us your contact details in a private message here: www.facebook.com/RSPCAPetInsurance so we can call you to assist you further with the quote. Thank you

Joanne
Joanne

Read RSPCA reviews 1st. 90% of people are unhappy with the service. You're better off making a pet bank account & putting your extra money in there for emergencies.

Sophie

No you won't get any Senior's discounts and will be ripped off by this company that makes out it is associated with the RSPCA. Avoid at all costs

Holly Edmunds .

Holly Edmunds .asked

RSPCA Pet Insurance

Hi there, does anyone know the correct email address to cancel your policy with RSPCA? THey did tell me over the phone but i cannot remember and dont want to send to the general email.

thanks

Customer RelationsRSPCA Pet Insurance

Hi Holly, please send an email including your cancellation request to gfs@petsure.com.au.

granny1asked

RSPCA Pet Insurance

How do I cancel my policy as I find that the cover I thought I had is not there totally dishonest behaviour on their part.
I can't afford $91.10 a month for nothing my pension is not that generous (thank you Mr Turnbull) I want to cancel can't access site says doesn't recognise my details but does for monthly payments.
How do I cancel please....anyone.....

Customer RelationsRSPCA Pet Insurance

We are sorry to hear that you would like to cancel your policy as we would love to keep you as a customer. If you could please send through your policy or contact details in a private message here: www.facebook.com/RSPCAPetInsurance we would like to assist you. Thank you

Hello,
How do i do that please? policy number: RS06118784

Hello,
How do i do that please? policy number: RS06118784

Red hat Eileen

Red hat Eileenasked

RSPCA Pet Insurance

What cover would be required to cover snake bite?

Customer RelationsRSPCA Pet Insurance

Hi, Accidental Injury cover may suit your needs, to find out more, check out www.rspcapetinsurance.org.au/RSPCA/media/Document/rspca-policy-booklet.pdf Thanks

RONCE1

Check the Terms first!! They'll tell you a lot of Crap and in the end unless it's covered with no exclusions you're out of luck and out of pocket

Pete Strange
Pete Strange

Don`t even waste your phonecall as you`ll be conned like everyone else.
RSPCA should be ashamed having their name associted with this mob !

Girl

Girlasked

RSPCA Pet Insurance

Do you get anything back if you cancel your policy for personal reason after being with rspca for a little over a year ? Or only the 30 day cooling off period.

Rounak M
Rounak M

Sorry not sure I haven't cancelled yet You'll need to ask.

Nancy
Nancy

Nope.

Haids
Haids

I haven't cancelled yet as my policy for my dog is coming up to a year next month so not sure sorry.

Blueberry

Blueberryasked

RSPCA Pet Insurance

I've been looking into getting pet insurance since purchasing my toy poodle puppy two days ago but after reading all these reviews I would seriously have second thoughts about your company. Your television advertising seems so genuine but as usual it's all talk. I am very surprised to your standard replies to these people who trusted you as I would have. Thanks to product review who put it out there for us to see. What can you tell me that would change my mind and choose your company to insure my pet?

RONCE1

WOW! Love that! No response...I guess they don't have a click and send response for "give me a reason to change my mind"!! Bahahaha....pathetic RSPCA

Hi Blue berry,
This is just an Insurance Company not associated or connected with the RSPCA .Supposedly a very small percentage of your premium goes to RSPCA the first year of the Policy. And it's an absolute disgrace that they make out they are the RSPCA!!!!!

Patricia
Patricia

Don't waste your time or your money. Put $60 a month in a jar to pay for any get bills you will be streets in front because this company will find any excuse not to pay any claims and them make it next to impossible to cancel the usless policy.

Charlie

Charlieasked

RSPCA Pet Insurance

I decided to have RSPCA pet insurance because a portion of the premium goes to the RSPCA. (as said in the tv ad). Now I am being told by people that only during my first year of coverage that this happens. So I am into my 2nd year of insurance does that mean that none of my premium goes to the RSPCA. IS this true?

Customer RelationsRSPCA Pet Insurance

Hi Charlie, please send me your contact details via a private message here: www.facebook.com/RSPCAPetInsurance and I will forward them onto our Customer Service team who will be able to help you with your enquiry. Thank you

M J
M J

Hi Charlie, when their customer service member answers your question, would you be so kind to post it here? I find it interesting they couldn't simply answer it in this fourm. I also would like to know what portion goes to the RSPCA.

Nic B
Nic B

I would love to know the answer to this too please.

Get an answer from our members and RSPCA Pet Insurance representatives