RT Health

RT Health (page 2 of 2)

Health Insurance Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of health insurance would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

2.2

Beware they do not always pay a claim

Have been with RT Health for many years as a premium fund member and pay an annual contribution of $5341.68.
I had to have robotic surgery for which they did not cover me and had to pay out in excess of $8,000.
What is the point in being in a health fund if they will not cover you!
Customer support not the best.
I am considering making a change to another health fund.

Insurance claim madeYes

Amazing cost effective private hospital cover and extras. No problems with claims.

People only go online to complain, even when they are in the wrong - which is disappointing.

Been with RT Health for years and they have always come through for us. They have an in house charity as well to look after members going through tough times, which happened to us last year. They paid our health insurance premiums for us while we got back on our feet.

If more of RT Health's happy customer got this website to write reviews, they would be 5/5 stars based on our families experience.

Ali

AliBrisbane

Friggin pathetic

My nephew is currently in hospital in a very bad way . He was told he would be covered for his stomach procedure.
He's got an infection and is staying in longer than expected. He's been in there nearly a week and will be in for a few more days at least.
He had a call from this pathetic health fund telling him he isn't covered?????
Besides him ringing and asking and confirming item numbers they are now saying he's not covered?????? What the hell??????
He was in no fit state to talk to them so I'm taking this higher up for him. This is disgusting!!!!! He is doped up on pain meds laying in a hospital bed in terrible pain.
How can they deny his claim AFTER he's confirmed his procedure??????

Health Insurance

Find out how RT Health compares to other Health Insurance

Terrible customer service

I called up their staff to see if I was covered for a hospital procedure and they told me I was. I went into hospital for the procedure on on their advice and then I find out after the operation that I am not covered. Called them up and received no apology and I was told that I was never given that advice. Now I have to pay a few thousand dollars for the operation.

Insurance claim madeYes

Really happy after first year

I changed to RTHealth as they have a mid-range policy that includes maternity services. I've been with them for about 18 months and am really happy with them. I've been an inpatient twice and used a few of their extras and have not had any problems. There is not a long wait time when calling them on the phone, and they have always been very helpful and polite

Rick

RickCalliope

ripoff

I have been with this fund for over 16 years, paying for top cover wich is now over $5000 a year and they have refused to pay $3600 hospital bill for Robotic tech free for cancer surgery. They were quite happy to take my money

Explorer

ExplorerSydney

Lousy Bullying Service

I have been with these people for around 5 years now - they have been ok - usual stuff of whatever I want to claim seems to be excluded from their Extras cover etc etc. 2 minor Hospital claims handled OK. But just recently their service has been appalling - just had an awful interaction with a customer services rep that was unresponsive to my feedback and bullying - no idea how to establish empathy and no concept of the customer is always right - lost my business - have nothing to do with them if they consider this treatment acceptable behaviour

Appalling unacceptable behaviour

janette.huntasked

need feedback on RT Health

Marg
Marg

We were with RT Health for 23 years and were happy with them, but recently they have changed, I used to be
able to phone and talk to someone in Brisbane or Sydney, now there is only one phone number for people all
over Australia and you are hanging on the phone for one to two hours, you also get passed on to someone in
India or the Philippines, I sent them an email and didn't receive a reply for 3 days, so not happy with them, we
have changed to West Fund who are much better and have good reviews.