Rufus & Coco Wee Kitty Clumping Corn Litter

Rufus & Coco Wee Kitty Clumping Corn Litter

See the Best Cat Litter in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Rufus & Coco

Janet B.
Janet B.South East Queensland, QLD

Used to be the best but now it’s super dusty.

I have been using this litter for a while because it clumps well, is natural, and is so good for odour control. I’ve found it to be more economical than the cheaper litters because it lasts so long between changes. Although recent bags have been getting more and more dusty to the point where I’m considering changing brands. What’s the go, Rufus& Coco? Without the dust it’s 5 stars.

KarinSydney, NSW

Unhealthily dusty

I have used this litter for two years now because I liked the claim of "natural product", the clumping and the pleasant smell.
However, the dust has increased with recent bags and my cat now has a cough and hiccups related to the dust.
I have switched to a recycled paper product and am very angry at the manufacturers of Rufus & Coco.

HOBBIT
HOBBITTURRAMURRA

This used to be the best........

I have been using this litter for more than 6 years but it seems to have changed. The 'clumpiness' is not like it used to be and no longer holds urine as well as it did before. The litter seems to disintegrate and small bits of urine-soaked litter falls to the bottom of the tray, despite very regular clearing of wee and poo. I noticed a change about 2-3 years ago when the smell of the litter changed as well. I wonder if it's now being made in China?
I've found a replacement litter and it is 100 times better than this brand.

Purchased in December 2019.

KasiCentral West, NSW

Can't Recommend - Dusty!

I got this litter, like many, because of the good reviews. However, it's just so dusty. My cats have been sneezing because of it, and the room my litter box is in is just covered in dust! I have trouble scooping it because of breathing in the dust. I would say it clumps well, and it seems to be doing fine with smells, but I just can't recommend it due to the dust.

Purchased in December 2019.

Hi there,

It's dusty both when pouring into the tray, and when using. Although the dust when initially pouring into the tray is significantly more.
I do wish the team luck with addressing the dust, as I do like the litter otherwise!

Cat Litter

Find out how Rufus & Coco Wee Kitty Clumping Corn Litter compares to other Cat Litter

Mike
MikeNew South Wales

It was ok but.....

I loved this product for my 2 cats but the dust is getting worse with every bag I get, definitely not "dust free" as you say on bag. My bathroom has dust over everything. Even my mother rang the other day & said the amount of dust on bottom of tray before she washed it was quite a lot. My black cat comes out like a white faced cat after digging to China for number 2's. Will be looking into another product soon

Purchased at My Pet Warehouse Online store for $40.00.

Paul
PaulBrisbane

Loved it in the first week, second week not so much...

In the first week, it's great, excellent, low tracking through the house, low odour, easy to sift...

By the 2nd week, the pellets start to break down into dust and it generally starts to smell.

After about day 10 I've been forced to do a full litter refresh.

The "Lasts up to 8 weeks" claim is ludicrous. It lasts around 10 days with sifting morning and night using the Rufus & Coco tool to keep it as fresh as possible.

Rufus & Coco should drop the unreasonable claims from the packaging. Technically it's a good product, but it's priced to last 8 weeks and lasts just over one week. It's not cost effective.

Purchased in April 2019.

Stephanie
StephanieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not 'Dust Free'

Tried this litter as it gets great reviews. At first I thought this litter was great, clumps well, easy to clean and reduces smells. However, after a few days, dust starts to build up on the bottom and creates a dust cloud each time my cats use it. They have actually started sneezing more often since using it. I now scoop out the dust to avoid them breathing it in. I will be changing to another brand.

Purchased in April 2019.

Rufus & C.Rufus & Coco

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Peta
Peta

Great for the first few days, terrible after that.

Susanne
Susanne

Not as good as I thought it would be

My cat spreads it around the laundry in her paws. I find that it doesn't clump very well. Its soft and when I pick it up with the scoop it breaks up and goes through the scoop and its hard to scoop it out of the cleaner litter. As a result I use a lot more and there is no way a 9 kg bag will last nearly 18 weeks.

I had great hopes for this litter and very disappointed.

Annie
AnnieMelbourne

Unfortunately left with a bad odour

Saw this on TV and decided to give it a try. Was a bit dubious of the price nonetheless, wanted an alternative to crystals. Was OK at first but after two days of cleaning the litter was left with an awful litter plus ammonia smell coming from our laundry where the litter is. Not sure if I'd purchase it again.

flame.gisa
flame.gisaWA, 6030

It’s not as good as expected..

iamagirl69
iamagirl69South Australia

Great product except my cat doesn't use it for cat litter. Prefers to eat it or roll in it or sleep

I bought this product a few months ago. My cat loved it the moment I opened the bag, except she wont use it as a toilet but prefers to do other things with it, like eat it, roll in it, scratch it out of the box and or even sleep in it? I didn't end up purchasing another bag because my cat started to pee and crap outside of her litter box, on the newspaper, that I put around the litter tray. Perhaps some products can just be too good for use???

Cat Litter

Nooo.. my cat things it's food!

My cat got excited when I was opening the bag (presumably from the smell, which is quite pleasant), then as soon as I put it in the tray, she came running and started eating bits of it. She is incredibly excited, and seems to think I've just poured her a massive bowl of kibble. I've had to lock her out of the room.

I don't have any other litter left in the house and have no idea what to do. At this rate, I'm going to have to fill the tray up with dirt from outside.

B.B MojoMelbourne

Fantastic alternative to regular clumping clay litter.

Catsady
Catsady
Zaklina
ZaklinaACT, 2912

Excellent kitty litter - but very poor delivery service

Fairey5
Fairey5asked

hi could you please tell me where the cat litter is made

Hi there!

Wee Kitty is a natural product made from corn and completely free from chemicals and unhealthy additives.
It is made up with natural plant fibres, combined with a binding agent and fragrance. It is a safe, natural based product. Wee Kitty Clumping Corn Litter does NOT contain bentonite clay. The team at Rufus & Coco take great pride in ensuring our products are premium quality, easy to use and most importantly help the happiness and health of your furry friends!

Jess
Jessasked

What are the differences between the Eco Plant Litter and the Corn Litter? Or is it just what they are made from?

Hi Jess,

Thank you for your query regarding our new Eco Plant Clumping Litter.

This is a brand new product, joining the Wee Kitty line and set to follow in the foot steps of our award-winning Corn Clumping Litter. We have launched Wee Kitty Eco Plant Clumping Litter to provide customers with another option to buy that is safe for the environment, whilst continue to tick all the key boxes in performance.

Wee Kitty Corn Clumping Litter and Wee Kitty Eco Plant Clumping Litter are both made with naturally sourced ingredients but as you have mentioned, they are made from slightly different formulas, which marks their primary difference and allows customers - and their cats - the option to see which best suits their personal preferences!

Warm Regards,

Heidi
Heidiasked

Is the corn GMO free? Concern is if my cat eats some.

Hi Heidi,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding our Wee Kitty Clumping Corn Litter.

This product is made from corn and is therefore non-toxic, clay free and biodegradable. If your pet was to consume some of the litter it would be safe for them to do so.

Should you have further questions regarding this product or any of the Rufus & Coco range, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Warm Regards,