Rugs Direct

Rugs Direct (page 3 of 3)

See the Best Home Decor Shops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Rugs Direct

2.6

Questionable practices

I ordrered a rug through this company and paid via their link to PayPal. PayPay issued a reciept with a transaction id and order number. The company issued an email stating that the tranaction had failed and they have no record of the transfer of funds. Several emails later, some of which were stalling measures by the company, and the situation remains unchanged. This issue was then raised and escalated as a dispute through PayPal. The seller then contacted me to have me close the dispute with PayPal as this somehow interfered with the sellers abilty to verfy any records or transactions. It should be remembered that closed disputes cannot be reopened. I dare say that i would never again hear from the seller if I close the dispute.

Suzanne R.
Suzanne R.

Avoid this company

We ordered a rug from Rugs Direct but received no confirmation email, so presumed it never went through. Was surprised to see the credit card statement the following month, we had been billed. On contacting Rugs Direct they said the rug was not in stock and they had emailed and telephoned me(not true). When I asked for a refund I was told it had to be approved by the boss and he was not in. Numerous phone calls later I have still not received my refund and it is now in the hands of the bank. Avoid this company, they are dishonest. Learn from my mistake and check company reviews before ordering online.

Angry Customer
Angry CustomerSydney

AVOID!!!

I wish I had found this website and their reviews before buying from this company. They are a sham! We paid for our rug and it has never arrived. We have tried to contact them constantly to find out what is happening and get a refund but they never pick up the phone or return emails. I am now trying to recover the money through my bank. DO NOT TRUST THIS BUSINESS!

Rugs Direct

We ordered two rugs for over a thousand dollars in September. At that time the website promised the rugs within 4 working days. Email response as been poor. The phone is rarely answered. Despite being told they were being dispatched a couple of weeks ago they have never arrived. We will be reporting to the Bank and attempting to recover the money. Do not use this company.

kate.clarke2
kate.clarke2

The rugs actually arrived last week. Six months late. They are however good quality and we are happy with the product.

Juniper
Juniper

Do NOT order from this company.

Butterfly
ButterflySydney

Do not use - not trustworthy - scam

Do not trust this business. I spent a large amount of money and had no confirmation from this so called business. I tried ringing the number on the website and no one answers. I emailed and no response but i did get through to a guy called 'sunny' on chat he said one of my rugs are not in stock and would have to wait weeks. The other is on its way which i do not believe as he would not even provide me with a tracking number for the delivery.
I have now put a dispute through paypal to get my money back. Do not use this so called business. This should be shut down and reported.

Saul
SaulBrisbane

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

I ordered a rug 3 weeks ago. I have had very limited response to phone calls and emails. Even when I get responses they promise the rug will arrive by a certain date and it doesn't arrive. I have now cancelled the order and I'm bracing for the battle to get my money back.

Do not risk it. There are other really good online rug suppliers but not these guys.

Never again

It's been 2 weeks and still nothing. Not only that I'm unable to make phone contact and emails have been ignored. I've just spent nearly a grand on rugs and am beginning to feel like I've just been scammed. Even if this one does arrive, I won't be ordering from this company again.

Great, very happy with quality and service

We have just bought 4 rugs from Rugs Direct with 2 separate purchases. We bought one to make sure the quality was good and it was so then we bought 3 more. The rugs were delivered within 24 hours, they are bright, colourful and good quality just what we needed. We will definitely buy from them again, thank you!
Fast delivery

Find out how Rugs Direct compares to other Home Decor Shops

excellent service and great quality.

Hi guys ... I had purchased rugs last two weeks ago and had it delivered within 7 business days. The service was good and the quality is really nice. Was a very efficient service very reliable courier service..did what was told when inquired. Would return back for more rugs for my kids room in comming few months. Very satisfied with the service provided and products delivered.

DO NOT USE

Lenore
LenoreSouth East Queensland, QLD

Prompt delivery. Excellent service.

Very impressed with my first experience with Rugs Direct, ordering 2 large rugs on 16 June 2014. Several hours after placing my online order I received a phone call to say there could be a 6 week wait on that particular design. They then sent me a link to several similar designs and I chose one, and requested a refund for the second rug. Within a week my rug was delivered and the refund sorted. Very happy to see my emails were answered promptly and when I did phone I spoke to someone who knew the history of my order and was able to assist.
Prompt delivery; helpful and prompt replies to queries.
No complaints.

Rowena
RowenaMelbourne, Victoria

Satisfied with the service

Our rug arrived within a week of ordering online. (We are located in Melbourne) We were pleased by the service or the product we received. It's a great rug - it is a unique & good quality design. Thanks very much for the excellent customer service & professional shipping service.
Reliable service & we got what we paid for

Fast Delivery

I am happy with the service. The rug was delivered a few days after ordering - so quick in fact that I wasn't expecting it. It was as described.I am happy with the service. The rug was delivered a few days after ordering - so quick in fact that I wasn't expecting it. It was as described.

Brett
BrettHobart

Appalling service and delivery time

Ned
NedSydney

Do not buy from Rugs Direct

Would not buy a rug from this company! Ordered back in April 2014 and told deliveriy in 7 days. Still no rug and no refund. No response from emails and no one answers the contact number. Customer service is a joke. Will lodge complaint with ACCC and Fair Trading about this company and will fight to get money back.

Take money and do not deliver.

Excellent service, lightning speed delivery, but make sure you understand the limitations of the pro

I contacted Rugs Direct for a custom size Flokati (sheepskin) rug after contacting several other sellers. They got back to my email enquiries promptly and even called to discuss things in further detail. Once ordered, they had the rug delivered within days! I was thrilled! The rug itself is beautiful - lovely and soft just as I wanted. However, to get the custom round shape it required some overlocking, which rippled the edges. Again, the customer service team were available and happy to discuss this, and I am now satisfied - I just mention it so that others considering a round Flokati are aware.

Lorraine Moyes
Lorraine MoyesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great service, great rug.

Su
SuAdelaide

Customer service of Rugs Direct

Ordered a Rug from Rugs Direct on a Monday 10/3/14, received the order on the Thursday 13/3/14. That is brilliant 3 working days from paying for my order to receiving it. Well Done Rugs Direct. Thank you for such prompt service and a wonderful product. I all I can say is that I wish I had purchased all the rugs for my home from you.
reliable, inexpensive, fantastic quality
possibly an email to inform the purchaser tracking details of the order

Millie
MillieSydney

Happy customer

I purchased a rug online from Rugs Direct last week and it arrived on the seventh day as promised. Great quality, affordable prices, professional service. I have read other not so great reviews on here but my experience with this company was great. No complaints at all. Happy customer here.
Quality rugs, reasonable prices, efficient service

Helen
HelenMosman

I would not buy anything from this website.

I attempted to buy a rug from Rugsdirect.com.au. I rang up after not hearing anything for two weeks and was told my rug would arrive in 2-7 working days. After another two weeks, I rang again and after demanding a response that day I was told my rug was no longer in stock and I would get a full refund. I chased the refund for another week before going through the dispute resolution process with PayPal. It was only after beginning this process with PayPal that I had my money returned.

poor customer service, poor response to complaints, poor response to refunding money of a product they could not provide.

mammapas
mammapasToowoomba

Disgusting business

Kelgil
KelgilMelbourne

Very disappointing

Over 6 months now and still no rug. They are are very quick to take your money ($600) and have not provided me with my order. They have not replied to my enquiries Via email and over the phone , when answered, said they will get back to me. I have been far too patient and find this scenario unfair. I am still following up on this and will not give up.

Too good to be true. No rug, poor communication

This website promises great rugs at low prices with free deliver. Too good to be true? Very much so! I ordered a rug and had not received it almost a month later. Rugs direct gave no explanation what so ever and did not reply to my communication with any helpful information. I am going through the Paypal dispute process now and hope to get a refund.

No product, poor communication