Russell Hobbs 4443BSS

Russell Hobbs 4443BSS

MPN: RHB-4443BSS

Won’t cook!

Have tried twice now to cook in this slow cooker. After 1 hr on low for a chicken parmigiana there was little heat, the chicken was barely warm, let alone cooking. Will junk it and buy a different brand next time, considering this cooker was twice as dear as the basic big w model that works a charm will not be buying any more Russell hob appliances

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Works as advertised, so far.

It works if you follow the instructions, which I admit I read after I used it, but I've used slow cookers before so I wasn't at sea with it. If you heat up the ceramic bowl beforehand as they suggest, it makes things a lot easier. Don't put a bunch of cold stuff in it and expect it to get to temperature, it will struggle. If you mix up your sauce on the stove so it's hot, add your vegies to it and put that in the slow cooker while you are browning your meat, onions etc, everything is warm when it goes in and the whole thing works very well. This is also healthier for food poisoning considerations.
I put on a beef stew for 7 hours with a soup bone in it and the bone meat separated nicely by the time it was ready to eat, and the stew was as tasty and well cooked as if I'd done it in the oven. No complaints. Easy to use, clean and understand. For $35 it was a bargain and if it lasts a year I will consider it money well spent.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Usless - Nothing cooks

Replaced original cooker ( another brand ) when it finally died after many years of use . Using my favourite recipes that were always a great success is now a huge disappointment . It just won't cook ! Veg , lentils etc are rock hard even after cooking for 12 hours despite having been cooked perfectly in half that time previously . NOT HAPPY

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Very Happy and Satisfied with the Slow Cooker

I purchased the Russell Hobbs slow cooker after my 10 year old cooker decided it had enough. The Russell Hobbs cooker makes it a pleasure to once again do slow cooked meals that taste as equal and scrumptious you would get in the top restaurants.
I would and have recommended the Cooker to family and friends.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Knobs are cheap junk and no replacements available in australia

Does cook but not worth the money ! Cheap manufacture!Junky cheap plastic knobs, which are very necessary for safe use of the unit! Poor Australian support, replacement parts unavailable! Old Saying "Quality is like buying Oats" if you want prime grade oats you pay a fair price, but if it doesn't matter that the oats have been thru a horse before the you get it much cheaper!

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Soups and Pot Roasts All Year

We love our Russell Hobbs slow cooker.
My wife loves soup and we are making a batch pretty much every week,
We had wanted a slow cooker for ages and when we got this the process was that much easier. Truly set and forget, There is no learning curve other than the cooking times and you get a feel for that quickly.
It is a very sturdy and well made machine and we are very satisfied with it. It does not have a timer but we mostly make soups so that is never a problem.
We would recommend this machine to anyone.

Date PurchasedJun 2012

Doesn't cook

My husband bought the small sized of the Russell Hobbs slow cooker for me from Good Guys Brighton last Christmas 2018. It didn't cook the lamb shanks on high after 10 hours. I used it twice, but the food didn't cook. Very disappointed and unhappy. It was wasting my time and money.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Can't live without it

This slow cooker is amazing.
It is so so simple and easy to use!

I can make deserts, main meals and even breakfast in this which is fantastic as for I work full time. I just throw Everything in, pop it on low and go!

The high setting doesn't over cook things. I still use it for steak etc and leave it on high for an hour which cooks the steak just perfectly with little bit of oil and salt and pepper in the pot.

It is also super easy to clean. Just put some hot water in and leave it to soak over night and bobs your uncle.

I don't know how deep mine is but I know it is the bigger one.

Can't live without it!

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Love it!!

I have had my Russell Hobbs slow cooker for over 5 years now.
It has never missed a beat. Always reliable to use. It is simple to use. Looks good.
My only problem is one of the handles have broken on the outside.
The crock pot inside is crack free so far and I have used it on many occasions.

Date PurchasedFeb 2011

Good Entry Level Slow Cooker

This cooker is quite small, so don't expect to fit a lamb leg in there. But it's oval shape can fit a couple of lamb shanks.
As there's no timer, if you're one to leave it on while you're at work, then stick to red meat dishes. Chicken will dry out if left for 8 hours.
I like to bulk dishes with lentils and beans, but the low setting does not cook them.
If you like to meal prep the night before, you're not supposed to put this ceramic bowl in the fridge (according to manual).
The bowl is easy to clean, but if there's a spill, it's tricky to clean the heating element. (I leave a small bowl of ammonia in the outer until the burnt on bits soften, then wipe off).

But besides the above, the cheaper price is good for slow cooker newbies.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

My New Best Friend!

This is a perfect size for my needs and SO easy to use! For best results, brown your meat well in a frypan first, veggies too if time permits, then deglaze the pan and add to cooker. Those lovely caramelized juices have so much flavour, why waste them? Meat, even the very cheap cuts, are meltingly tender and veggies are cooked but not mushy. I cook enough to freeze so that I have ready made, healthy food on call whenever the need arises. The removeable pan makes cleaning a breeze and the whole item is easy to store. With soaring power prices, this little gem is far more economical than using a traditional oven for a couple of hours or more. Love it!

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Great medium size slow cooker

I had a larger slow cooker that cracked and have replaced it with this smaller one. It is a perfect size for one person, cooks well and I can still fit a whole chicken in it. Meals taste better in a slow cooker as it retains the juices and meat is very tender.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

A must have for cooler months

This is a stylish slow cooker, I love how the lid seals. The removable dish makes cleaning a breeze. I enjoy the different settings, if I'm short of time but still want that "slow cooked" style, I can cook on high for quick results. Also I take advantage of the timer.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Can't live with out it

I luv my new Russell Hobbs Slow Cooker it's so economical and easy to use.You just pop your meat in and veggies if you wish and Bang just turn it on and let it do it's stuff You can leave it to cook over night or pop it on in the morning and by the arvo your tea is cooked. It's so easy to clean . I recommend this product to everyone!!

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Hard to live without it.

I love this Russell Hobbs slow cooker. Great to make soup with. No more long cooking on the stove top with exhaust fan going. Saves power and make delicious tender lamb shanks for soups or stews. Easy to clean and a great compact size that suits a couple or small family.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Love it!

I bought this because I needed a smaller slow cooker and love it! This brand is a common one in my own kitchen appliances and I have not had a complaint about any of them. It's small and has basic functions of high, low and auto only, so if you need a timer and more volume maybe not the right one for you but I have enjoyed every meal I made in it so far. Over the last winter, it was used to make many batches of soups, pot roasts and family favourites like beef stroganoff every week. It's easy to clean, doesn't need much storage space and has been super reliable for me, only negative I noticed is that really full batches of soups needed an extra hour or so compared to the same quantities in my old 6ltr slow cooker, which is not a problem for me because my old one used to over cook everything in only a few hours. If you haven't slow cooked before or don't have a huge family I would recommend this, it's affordable, reliable, easy to clean and store, and makes life so much easier in the evenings.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Good product

This slow cooker does cook well! The meat was very tender and delicious. It was very easy to clean with just hot soapy water. I'm satisfied with this products features especially for the price of it. I'm very happy and the product is easy to use for first time slow cooker purchase.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

I love it

The Russell Hobbs slow cooker is just the best in the range i love mine
It turns the toughest meat into the most softest
Lamb shanks meat just falls off the hone so yummy n juicy n very tender
I highly recommend it
Especially if you work and want to come home to a really delicious ready cooked meal

Date PurchasedJan 2015

It would be perfect if it had a timer

I bought this a year or so back (Date of purchase is a guess) and pretty much ignored it until quite recently. I have used it now three times, once for a full chook and veg, and the other times for casserole style dishes. I found that the casseroles work best of all in a slow cooker. Its easy to clean which for me is a huge plus, and its a good size (though being a single person, I could even go smaller). I was going to sell it at one stage but I've enjoyed using it so much, changed my mind.

Needs a timer, for sure.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Great product

Got this when my slow cooker was dying a slow death. This was very affordable and great choice for my needs. Easy to use and easy to clean. The features are great on it. I will buy again. Cannot go back to anything else.Food was tasty and meat meted well. Great product

Date PurchasedDec 2016