Russell Hobbs 4443BSS

Russell Hobbs 4443BSS

MPNs: 6139 and RHB-4443BSS
See the Best Slow Cookers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Russell Hobbs

rea56
rea56Murray Region, NSW

russell hobbs 3.5ltr - 4443bss - works well - as it should

works well - heats up as it should. you must heat up the bowl 20 mins prior to using (on high). i made beef strog. put on 1.5hr high and 6 hour low - came out prefect and juicy and very tender. the knob works ok but time will tell if it fails - i bought from good guys for $39.95 and paid for extra replacement warranty of 3 years, so that should cover any failings if they happen

Purchased in at The Good Guys for $39.95.

A'leasha Snoeks
A'leasha SnoeksSouth East Queensland, QLD

Reasonable quality

I have the 3.5L and the 5L Russell Hobbs slow cookers. Both knobs broke off within a matter of a week of each other. They were about 4 years old. They cook well though, and easy to clean.
Contacted the company and they never replied to me about getting replacement knobs

Purchased at Myer for $40.

Lynne
LynneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Knob broke off and handles cracked

Knob broke off and handles cracked - before this I had another brand for 30 years but thought it was time to upgrade regrettably. Took the other one to the op shop!!!

Purchased in for $60.

DanFGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not impressed

Not impressed with this slow cooker. cooked Beef Ribs for 12 hours, they were tough, nowhere near melt in the mouth cooked. I preheated the bowl too. Cooked a chicken curry for 8 hours, same story.

Purchased in at Harvey Norman for $60.

Tanya G
Tanya GMiami

Won’t cook!

Have tried twice now to cook in this slow cooker. After 1 hr on low for a chicken parmigiana there was little heat, the chicken was barely warm, let alone cooking. Will junk it and buy a different brand next time, considering this cooker was twice as dear as the basic big w model that works a charm will not be buying any more Russell hob appliances

Ozwitch
OzwitchWodonga

Works as advertised, so far.

San
SanCanberra

Usless - Nothing cooks

Replaced original cooker ( another brand ) when it finally died after many years of use . Using my favourite recipes that were always a great success is now a huge disappointment . It just won't cook ! Veg , lentils etc are rock hard even after cooking for 12 hours despite having been cooked perfectly in half that time previously . NOT HAPPY

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
Best Household Appliances Awards 2022!

Home is where the heart is. And with these reliable, Award-winning household appliances, home can be where the rest of the body and mind take comfort, too. Based on consumer reviews over the last year, we've picked the best household appliances to buy in 2022, from air purifiers to steam mops.

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
best-household-appliances-awards-2022
Joyl
JoylGoulburn Valley, VIC

Very Happy and Satisfied with the Slow Cooker

I purchased the Russell Hobbs slow cooker after my 10 year old cooker decided it had enough. The Russell Hobbs cooker makes it a pleasure to once again do slow cooked meals that taste as equal and scrumptious you would get in the top restaurants.
I would and have recommended the Cooker to family and friends.

JoRup
JoRupDarling Downs, QLD

Knobs are cheap junk and no replacements available in australia

Does cook but not worth the money ! Cheap manufacture!Junky cheap plastic knobs, which are very necessary for safe use of the unit! Poor Australian support, replacement parts unavailable! Old Saying "Quality is like buying Oats" if you want prime grade oats you pay a fair price, but if it doesn't matter that the oats have been thru a horse before the you get it much cheaper!

Mitch23
Mitch23Melbourne

Soups and Pot Roasts All Year

We love our Russell Hobbs slow cooker.
My wife loves soup and we are making a batch pretty much every week,
We had wanted a slow cooker for ages and when we got this the process was that much easier. Truly set and forget, There is no learning curve other than the cooking times and you get a feel for that quickly.
It is a very sturdy and well made machine and we are very satisfied with it. It does not have a timer but we mostly make soups so that is never a problem.
We would recommend this machine to anyone.

Doesn't cook

My husband bought the small sized of the Russell Hobbs slow cooker for me from Good Guys Brighton last Christmas 2018. It didn't cook the lamb shanks on high after 10 hours. I used it twice, but the food didn't cook. Very disappointed and unhappy. It was wasting my time and money.

Haley
HaleyIsligton

Can't live without it

Amy O
Amy OGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love it!!

I have had my Russell Hobbs slow cooker for over 5 years now.
It has never missed a beat. Always reliable to use. It is simple to use. Looks good.
My only problem is one of the handles have broken on the outside.
The crock pot inside is crack free so far and I have used it on many occasions.

Bex G
Bex GAdelaide

Good Entry Level Slow Cooker

Meg
MegIllawarra, NSW

My New Best Friend!

This is a perfect size for my needs and SO easy to use! For best results, brown your meat well in a frypan first, veggies too if time permits, then deglaze the pan and add to cooker. Those lovely caramelized juices have so much flavour, why waste them? Meat, even the very cheap cuts, are meltingly tender and veggies are cooked but not mushy. I cook enough to freeze so that I have ready made, healthy food on call whenever the need arises. The removeable pan makes cleaning a breeze and the whole item is easy to store. With soaring power prices, this little gem is far more economical than using a traditional oven for a couple of hours or more. Love it!

Kat
Katasked

I decided to start with a fool proof meal to test out the slow cooker. It was veg soup, plenty of broth. I turned it on low for 6hours. I could clearly see it wasn’t close to being done, so turned it up to high for two more hours. I haven’t seen any bubbling while on high, which I would normally expect. It’s basically just been gently warming my soup, the veg is now cooked at a medium, not anywhere close to how I would expect 8hours of cooking to be. I’m extremely disappointed and had to finish cooking in a pot on the stove so the meal wasn’t wasted. If it can’t even cook a veg soup, what good is it?

Kerrie M.asked

In June 2020 purchased Russell Hobbs 3 .5 model. After 7 1/2 hours on low my beef and vegetable casserole was still uncooked and had never even simmered. I need help on how to use this product efficiently. My previous slow cooker always simmered on low after 7 hours.

DanF

Hi Kerrie. I experienced the same thing.I threw mine out and I bought a crockpot which is very good. Never let me down and not too expensive. How annoying when you’ve spent time and money and you’re looking forward to your meal.

Kerrie M.

Thanks for responding to my whinge. May well follow your example and try another brand.

Ros Dyball
Ros Dyballasked

My slow cooker is heating but not cooking. Can you help

See all Russell Hobbs 4443BSS questions