Russell Hobbs 4443BSS

Russell Hobbs 4443BSS (page 2 of 3)

MPN: RHB-4443BSS

It would be perfect if it had a timer

I bought this a year or so back (Date of purchase is a guess) and pretty much ignored it until quite recently. I have used it now three times, once for a full chook and veg, and the other times for casserole style dishes. I found that the casseroles work best of all in a slow cooker. Its easy to clean which for me is a huge plus, and its a good size (though being a single person, I could even go smaller). I was going to sell it at one stage but I've enjoyed using it so much, changed my mind.

Needs a timer, for sure.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Great product

Got this when my slow cooker was dying a slow death. This was very affordable and great choice for my needs. Easy to use and easy to clean. The features are great on it. I will buy again. Cannot go back to anything else.Food was tasty and meat meted well. Great product

Date PurchasedDec 2016

excellent handy kitchen gadget

Really great and I have no complaint or problems – cooking flavoursome and cleaning a breeze

Controls heat evenly – any food cooked turns out great – great for roast as they come out tender and juicy,
it makes my cooking easier – no sticky residues so my cleaning also a lot easier – a win win situation as all in all and a lot less time consuming.

Date PurchasedDec 2008

great addition to my kitchen!

For the price this does everything I wanted and more. No matter what I cook I never seem to have a problem with anything sticking which makes the cleaning process a lot easier and a lot less time consuming. It cooks food evenly and everything I've tried so far had come out tender and juicy, not dry and uneven like other slow cookers I've used.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

excellent , food tates much flavoursome

placed the veggies , meat added salt and pepper - started it in the morning and let it cook - ready when back home the aroma of cooked food was coming from the kitchen excellent ,made cooking much easier and healthier - thank you - reliable and easy to maintain and cleanup .

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

handy kitchen helper

I bought this because I needed to slow cook a dish but I didn't want to check the stove. The main thing I need to cook is a chinese dish that is loaded with vinegar so I couldn't use my pressure cooker. Because the vinegar will wreck it. I notice whenever I cook this dish on the stove I will end up with a pot that needs to be soak several time before I can clean it. This slow cooker controls the heat very well and once its done all the baked on stains easily slides off with just one soak.
I previously purchase a much cheaper one and I found that even on the lowest setting it causes my food to boil but I do not have this issue. This is the perfect size and can easily fit in my cupboard. I'm giving this a high score because my previous slow cooker was much worst than this one.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Russell Hobbs slow cooker

Great quality product. Good value for money that works extremely well and is very easy to clean. It is used regularly both at home and in our caravan when we are on holidays. It always enables beautifully cooked meals that can be prepared in the morning and cook whilst we are away during the day shopping or site seeing.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Gourmet food is back on the menu

I've used my Russell Hobbs slow cooker twice. Each time the results were superb. I ended up with moist, tender lamb shanks for the first meal, and the best duck I've ever cooked for the second. The unit is easy to operate and easy to clean. I couldn't be happier with it. To top it off, I bought it on sale.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Excellent Performance plus Looks Good

I have had this for a few years and have used it a great deal making scrumptious meals. Performs extremely well and so far has not let me down. Very impressed how well the meat and poultry dishes turn out. Succulent and falls of the bone. Straightforward instructons and so easy when preparing food. Great asset in the kitchen. Have no hesitation in recommending this little beauty.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

This is a great slow cooker - very handy in the winter for busy families - put on a yummy soup , ste

The slow cooker is Very easy to clean and looks fabulous in the kitchen
And I am very happy with the cooking results - great for so many delicious one pot dinners. The cooking settings are very useful. I'm my opinion this one of my most essential cooking utensils along with my other Russell Hobbs stab mixer, kettle and toasted

Date PurchasedMay 2012

Great value

I found the product very easy to use. Being a bachelor cooking to perfection is a requirement With easy preparation of food , cooker cooks to my satisfaction The other benefit is the cooker is easy to clean and I would recommend to others Also ,I found the cooker very reasonably priced

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Great addition to the kitchen

It is really great for red meats. Quick tip would be to stay away from dairy products but cannot beat this for curries and casserole type dishes. We have figured out that if you leave the meats marinated for a couple of hours and then cook for about 7-8 hours, the meat is tenderly cooked and ready to dissolve. I would recommend trying different durations but well worth the money and no messy kitchens

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Dont buy if you want it to last more than a year.

I chose this due to its size , It cooked ok ..BUT like everyone else the dial has broke . I have had it for about 1 1/2 years but I live in qld so it has only been used about 6 times..So I will be looking for a different brand now.
Hopefully one that last for more than this did .
It was also not the easy to clean.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Hasnt let us down once, fabulous slow cooker

We chose a 3.5 L cooker as usually cooking for two. The advantages of this cooker: it is inexpensive ($49), has a wrap around heating element so cooks really evenly, and comes with a creamic bowl, easy to clean and retains heat. So far every meal has been successful. Bolar roast, sausages, beef and mushroom ragout and tonight - chicken korma. I have a few of my own recipes but recommend McCormick slow cooker packets, flavoursome easy meals, prepared in minutes.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Dial broke after 2nd use

Cooks fine just like other slow cookers I have used but the dial broke into several pieces after only a few uses.
Seems to be a common problem listed here. Need to use a pliers now to turn it on and off.
I will try to return it to Kmart for a refund and get a refund.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Awful, dont bother

I bought the smaller sized one and it simply didnt cook - never even saw it get to a simmer. After 8 hours on high, i gave up and had to cook it for a couple more hours in the oven. There are not enough hours in the day to use this for cooking. I returned it and bought a super cheap kmart one which is great - ie it actually cooks

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Terribly "slow" cooker!!!

Terribly slow cooking, meal only half cooked in 8 hours, just not hot enough! Will stick with my daggy old Ronson slow cooker 'till it dies.... Very disappointed! Needs to be reviewed by the manufacturer, there is something not right with this model, would have been a great size, will now look at other brands reviews before making another purchase!

Date PurchasedAug 2014

crappy dial,broke after few uses

Not happy with the dial,it completely broke into small pieces in my hand and is now stuck on the high setting,I have only used it a handful of times,other than that it cooks well and is a great size for soups,desserts, puddings,haven't had an issue with cleaning it either,was quite well priced too

Well I rang russell hobbs today and told them what happened and they are sending a replacement part,fantastic customer service on their behalf

Veryyyy hard to clean

The cooker itself is good but i am finding it INCREDIBLY hard to clean. I have just tried cleaning it again after soaking it for a ridiculous amount of 4 days. It is still not cleaned properly. Very, very disappointed and frustrating. Please send advice on cleaning this uncleanable product.

Good little cooker

I bought mine used from eBay and have only cooked with it twice but it works nicely. I usually heat the insert with hot water first so it saves time heating up. I find that the 3.5L is great for one person and I usually get 3 meals from it.

Will inner ceramic dish fit inside a microwave oven so you can bring it up to cooking temperature quickly?

I have a 4443BSS & want to cook corned beef. I have had no luck with cooking on low. Have decided to try on high. How long should I cook a 1.5 kg price ?
Hi John, I have always cooked Corn Beef in Water and it is an hour per kilo

I have the 7ltr and have had 1 kg of stewing steak chopped and 4 lambs kidneys also chopped in it with stock and the bowl is approximately half full. The plan was to be had for dinner tonight. Well this slow cooker warms but after being on high for 6 hours my meals isn't cooked, not to the steak and kidney casserole standard I wanted. I had this problem the other time I used it to cook corned beef, 8 hours later it still wasn't cooked. Ideas please. I have had it 18 months, dont have the receipt and have only used it twice. Very disappointed in this.

4443BSS