3Russell Hobbs Addison Digital Kettle RHK510

Russell Hobbs Addison Digital Kettle RHK510 Questions & Answers

VerifiedMPNs:15802, 715563, 815169 and 3 more
krusty

We received this yesterday after reading great reviews.
However it seems to have an issue.
After reaching the set temperature it switches off but the beep is almost inaudible or there is no sound.
Is this common or normal behaviour?

Sean
Sean

Hi Krusty,
We've owned one of these for around 8 months now and we love it. Ours does beep and although it's not loud it's loud enough for us to hear it. Maybe contact Russell Hobbs to see what they say? :-)

krusty

Thank you I will contact the maker!

Zanya T.

Hi, my new kettle has stop reboiling and now every time I sit the kettle on the base, all the lights continuously flash.

Nige
Nige

Text rubs off the kettle.
Only had it two weeks?

Les
Les

I had read about this as being an issue. I only wipe mine gently with a soft damp cloth, given the possibility of damaging the text / numbers.

Sue B.
Sue B.

Just bought the addison digital kettle. I've followed the steps to turn it on, but instead of heating the water all the lights turn on but nothing else happens. How can I fix this?

Gavin17

I just had the same Russel Hobbs fault happen when I received the replacement RHK510 ... seems to be an electrical fault between the base and the kettle on top...I have been requested to return it... which I will gladly do. Today I bought the reviewed BREVILLE 1litre glass compact kettle BKE395.
I suggest you consider doing the same.

Bee S.

All the lights come on then you should hit which temperature you require and the warming button if you want the kettle to keep the water at the required temperature for 2 hours, and then the kettle will heat the water. And keep it hot if you are going to continue using it.
It does not automatically turn on the kettle until you choose which temperature you want. Hope that helps

Donata Griffioen
Donata Griffioen

Why does the condensation on the lid not disappear and it stays on the meter too!

Gavin17

Plastic is not good at drying off ... the same happens in a dishwasher whereby plastic containers remain wet.

Jojo
Jojo

Hi my kettle has recently stopped heating up. When the kettle is placed on the base it beeps and all the buttons light up. I then push a button to heat the water, there’s a beep but then it just goes back to all the buttons lit up. It doesn’t heat the water. Any ideas?

Jason
Jason

Mines doing the exact same thing too now

Gavin17

see my reply above.... to Sue B who also shares your same common RHK510 operation problem.

Zanya T.

I’m having the same problem but I can’t find your reply

Sharon Rameka
Sharon Rameka

Why does the water taste terrible. I have changed my water filter to see if that is it, but it still taste terrible.

Early riser.
Early riser.

How do you stop this kettle beeping? I’m the first person up in the morning. The sound of the water boiling is nothing like the infernal alarm beep that goes off when I, pick it up, put it down, press a button. This really gives me the screaming and wakes everyone up.

Tom Meier
Tom Meier

no option to disable, but if you open it up there is a `BUZ1` listed on the circuit board, pop it off and remove the metal disc (that makes the beep noise)

brettno.139
brettno.139

Haha legend. I have the same issue with the beeping. Thank you.

Beeps Cause me Pain
Beeps Cause me Pain

Just did that, it works. Note there are some screws in the base under the little plastic covers/‘feet’ you need to remove.

Bzzt boop
Bzzt boop

Just came here to say thank you :)
We also liked the Kettle but the beeps were too much, especially early mornings.

We removed the cover on the base (5 tri-screws, 2 hidden under rubber feet).

Then removed the 4 philips head screws from the circuit board so we can flip it over.
And removed the black buzzer off the circuit board with some pliers, put all back together and kettle boiling bliss :)

maxine
maxine

(f I buy another Russell Hobbs Digital RHK510 kettle, can I be assured it won't leak at bottom of water gauge?

TrishaD
TrishaD

Hi Maxine,
I wouldn't buy that model again because I've heard of several other kettles developing the same leak. I did buy a different Russell Hobbs kettle, but chose one that didn't have that little viewing window on the side. I also checked reviews as far as I could, before making my purchase.

Reju kovoor

Hi, I bought it yesterday after spending a good time on line reviews with very positive customer reviews. But just scared to use it as I observed the plastic water level gauge inside as well as a plastic around a screw at the bottom. So water boiling with plastic in it causing health issues. Due to this reason I am going to return it. Any suggestions or reason for this build. I hope they can replace it glass instead to keep healthy. Plastic outside no problem. We Family uses kettle may be 25 times in a day . So it is essential it should not give health issues. Expecting your reply. ThankS

Allan B.

Already written about this product twice before bye bye.

Allan B.

Like" cry me a river man"!

Nocky

After buying 2 Russel Hobbs items in the past I would never buy Russel Hobbs anything again

Geoff.   P
Geoff. P

howls like a dog from cold boil

No problems with mine

Geoff.   P
Geoff. P

just replaced it today so will see how the second one goes

Martine Zerafa Vella
Martine Zerafa Vella

Just bought this kettle when I was pouring boiling water the filter fell out and I'm having trouble putting it back in the plastic on the filter cut my finger and it's not sitting how it should in the kettle ??

Vin Lever
Vin Lever

Looks like the mesh filter pits into place near the spout - just clips on with a little bit if plastic surround.
Must be broken off - suggest you take the kettle back and replace it as I cannot readily find replacement bits

PeterF
PeterF

Does this Kettle beep when boiled? I don’t want it to, my current Sunbeam does and don’t like it. Can anyone confirm please?

Anthony
Anthony

Yes it does. But it's a very discreet beep....

Hobogreg

Hello Peter, maybe this is not for you unless a very small beep, beep, Is what I said in my review. Let us know what ya buy. It would down right great if you get a better kettle than this.

Lisa
Lisa

I wouldn't call it a discreet beep it beeps as loud as a microwave

Tess

Does the keep warm function work on the 100 degree setting? Mine seems to work for all others except this.

Petam
Petam

I no longer have the kettle but the keep warm button did not work at all.

Hobogreg

Hi Tess, I rarely use the keep warm function. I just tried it and the keep warm works for all except hottest (boil) setting. Thinking the second hottest is almost boiling, when you are about to pick it up flick it on to boil. Hope that helps. I still think this is the best and (hottest) kettle I have ever bought. Cheers Greg.

Tess

Thanks for your answers everyone, I was worried it may have been faulty. Loving the kettle so far!

Bee S.

The keep warm function doesn’t work on 100 degrees as a safety precaution so the kettle doesn’t boil dry it states this in the instructions

Russell Hobbs
Russell Hobbs   DM

thats correct Bee!

Zanya T.

No; it is in the booklet, does not work for 100 as if it keeps reboiling it will
Boil the element dry