3Russell Hobbs Addison Digital Kettle RHK510

Russell Hobbs Addison Digital Kettle RHK510 (page 2)

VerifiedMPNs:15802, 715563, 815169 and 3 more
3.6

47 reviews · Statistics

55%21%23%
Quick to boil
Simple to use
Can be loud
Best Kettles
See the Best Kettles in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

snapback
snapback66 posts

So far, so good

I was given this kettle as a Christmas present, so I haven't owned or used it for long. However, I think it has been designed nicely (in a visual sense). Yes, the power cord is VERY short, so if you can't place it right next to a power point, either don't buy it or use an extension cord. The beep beep when boiled is very quiet, and often I don't hear it. The thermostat seems particularly inaccurate: to boil at 100C, it just keeps going, long after the water has boiled, then eventually stops. The "Coffee 95C" setting actually boils the water, but shuts off just after boiling, so I use this setting instead of the 100C one. Time will tell how reliable it will be, but so far I am satisfied with it. Show details
Vin Lever
Vin LeverNSWMid North Coast, NSW14 posts

Variable temperatures for differing purposes from Russel Hobbs kettle preset

Recently purchased this kettle after the previous cheaper one failed when the plastic top hinge on the lid broke - a weakness in the new top opening kettles.
I liked the various temperature controls for different teas and coffee. I have tried them and I think my filter and plunger coffee tastes better. Boils quickly but does not get too hot. Pours OK and allows for boiling of smaller amounts of water.
Neat looking kitchen object. Show details
ak47wong
ak47wongAU16 posts
David
DavidNSWSydney Surrounds, NSW5 posts

Buttons get stuck - don't buy this!

We had this kettle for about 6 months before the most commonly used temperature setting buttons began to get stuck. Sometimes we'd have to press them multiple times, and very hard, for them to work. Other times, the kettle would just keep boiling and not shut off properly - probably because it "thought" that we were holding down the button, when in fact it was just stuck.

Poor manufacturing quality. Show details

AnthonyNSWSydney, NSW9 posts

Leaked after 3 days from new !!

It looked great. Stainless steel body and had a 2 year warranty. Also the price was reasonable in the mid range for water kettles. But after only three days it started leaking water from the bottom of the water level window.

That's pretty poor design or quality control. I am not going to replace it with anything Russell Hobbs, as I don't trust their quality.

Show details

Petam
PetamNSWSydney, NSW5 posts

Dangerous leak after 2.5weeks of purchase

After purchasing this kettle only 2 and a half weeks ago I went to turn kettle on and it wasn’t working. I noticed water leaking from the plastic window display which had gone through the electrics at the base. I’m lucky not to have been electrocuted. It maybe a dangerous manufacturing fault but I would not recommend this kettle.

Show details

Hobogreg
HobogregVICGoulburn Valley, VIC7 posts

Top Job

What a Great easy to use Kettle. I looked around and done my research and this is it. The winner in saving power no more boil-boil until it trips not this, it has a Coffee button for the perfect temperature 5 pre-set buttons for Black tea to Green tea. All I know is this is the best kettle none come close. Beep Beep. (The people in the know what this means.)

Extra Information