Russell Hobbs Classic RHBL2

3.2

Anna F.

Anna F.

Cheap and easy to use

I got it from target, for $49. For its money is really good, might not be top quality, but is sturdy and heavy. I do not use it very often, but I never had an issue while using it.

Purchased in March 2020 at Target Australia for A$49.00.

Product is used Weekly
Used for Dips & Condiments and Smoothies
Sophia R.

Sophia R.Sydney, NSW

Exceeded my expectations!

Bought the Russell Hobbs Classic Blender - RHBL2, $49.00 at BigW and it certainly did not disappoint. I was expecting its lifetime would be short as I use it for frozen fruits every morning AND evening and to mainly make yummy smoothies - but definitely the sturdiest and valuable blender I've laid my hands on! Definitely looking forward to more uses! Easy to clean and use but it is quite loud - just like your normal blender. It takes about less than a minute to get the results that I want, so I don't mind the noise whatsoever and no complaints from anyone in the household!

Purchased in May 2020 at BigW for A$49.00.

Product is used Daily
Used for Juices and Smoothies

Fell apart and spilled liquid all over floor

Used twice and threw it in the bin because the base of the jug fell off, spilling the smoothie all over the countertop/floor. This happened each time. Made sure it was screwed on tight each time. Disgusting. Poorly designed. Will not be purchasing another Russell Hobbs product any time soon.

Purchased in May 2020 at Big W for A$35.00.

Product is used Rarely

rhyan

rhyanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible blender

This blender never really worked well from time of purchased. Only used a couple of times. This morning we were blending pancake mixture and it started to smoke. Now should I try to find receipt and sort warranty or just cut my loses here and move on?

Purchased at Target Australia for A$49.00.

Product is used Rarely
Joanne

JoanneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointed

Only good for smoothies. Despite it saying it can blend up breadcrumb, fruit, etc- it does not. The food isn't picked up and you end up with a mushy paste around the blades which you then need to dig out. Do not recommend.

Purchased in January 2020 at Target Australia for A$49.00.

Safety
Product is used Several times a week

Hopeless

Purchased 5 weeks ago from BigW. Very happy initially, then 5 weeks later the motor failed. Only $50 but that's is about $5 per use. I will have to replace it but not with a Russell Hobbs.

Purchased in January 2020 at BigW for A$50.00.

Product is used Weekly
Archimedean

ArchimedeanGippsland, VIC

Works well but prone to faults.

There is an old adage “once bitten twice shy”, I should have remembered that when I bought this blender. I had previously bought one which turned out to be faulty (motor), took it back and obtained a replacement which subsequently also had a problem when its warranty period had just ended.

Foolishly I bought another about 12 months ago which has developed a crack on the plastic at the base of the glass jug. When I was younger and living in the UK Russell Hobbs used to be a quality brand you could depend on but no longer. In recent times I have had other appliances which have been equally as poor as this one in terms of faults that have arisen.

Purchased in June 2018.

Used for Juices, Smoothies and Soups
Monty

MontySydney Surrounds, NSW

Disappointed

Bought from target yesterday to come home to puree baby food which is soft steamed vegetables and cant seem to even pick the food up!! So disappointed hopefully get my money back today.

Purchased in June 2019.

Andrew B.

Andrew B.

Excellent Blender

Excellent blender, powerful, 3 modes, and has no problems crushing nuts, making smoothies, milkshakes etc. Generous sized jug, and very nice looking blender. I am very happy with this purchase.

Purchased in April 2019 at Target Australia for A$39.20.

Product is used Daily

TruthForAll

TruthForAllSouth East Queensland, QLD

I purchased this blender at a price I could afford. Works very well, albeit quite loud (cotton balls in ears for me). I'm happy with the design and what it can do. Great for making frozen cocktails for the Summer! A good buy for those of us that have a budget to stick to.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Desa 18Melbourne

Looks good

It works really well, I use it for smoothies, 80% of the ingredients I use in it are frozen & ice. It handles really well.
Only thing I would say it’s very loud, but powerful.
Looks nice on the bench too.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Vicky

VickySydney, NSW

worth the money

This is the second piece of blender I've had. It's bit noisy when it's working, but the performance is good.
I brought it from The Good Guys with a good deal, and I think it's worth the money.
So far so good, like it.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Rebecca

RebeccaSydney

Pretty good value for money

I bought this blender as it fits within my tight budget, needless to say I’m pleasantly surprised at how good it is!! I use it to make smoothies mostly, but also use it to purée tomato’s and other vegetables for cooking and it works very well for an affordable general purpose blender.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Tetrus

Tetrusmelbourne

Completely happy with this

We have had this on the bench for years and it always works just how I want. Plenty of power, good control. It does it all. The only possible negative I can think of os that it makes a bit of noise on full power but it doesn't worry me at all. I would recommend this model

Date PurchasedSep 2014
Serton1

Serton1Richmond

Very neat and good blender

This blender quietly sits in our kitchen and does exactly what I expect when called upon. It has solid blades that get through everything fruit or veggies and always works as expected. We've had it for over three years now and no complaints at all. Works well

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Neutrino

Neutrinomelbourne

Excellent general purpose blender

This sits on our bench next to the kettle waiting for us! It gets used for soups and smoothies and the very occasional milkshake and it has more than enough power for those jobs. It's got a pulse control that makes quite a racket - actually the whole thing is fairly noisy but it never gets used for very long, so no big deal. We have has zero problems and I can easily recommend this model. Been great.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Golf56

Golf56melbourne

Great Blender With Glass Jug

I am happy with this blender. I particularly was looking for one with a glass jug because its healthier and I often want to process hot soup which doesn't go so well with plastic. Its well made, maybe not the most powerful ever but certainly adequate. It looks good on the bench too. It was good value.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Ash

Ash

Good blender for daily smoothies

I bought this blender from Big W for $49 and its doing a pretty good job. It has a big sturdy glass jar of 1.5lts which is best suited to make simple everyday smoothies for a family of 4. The downside is that it doesn't grind up into a very fine paste and the fruits and the veggies need to be cut into pieces before blending them. Also, the bigger pieces sometimes get stuck near the blades and I use a spoon or a spatula to move them out. On the good side, all the parts of the jar can be removed and cleaned thoroughly and the glass jar(without the blades and the lid) is dishwasher safe. Not bad for the price.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Roger_Wilco

Roger_WilcoMelbourne

Good For Smoothies

I have quite a few Russell Hobbs products so I bought this because it was only $49 at Big W. Well, it's only OK not fantastic. It does an excellent job with milkshakes and smoothies but it struggles if you add harder vegies or big pieces of fruit, which I like to do. We also tried if for soup and the results were average - had to keep moving the bigger bits near the blades with a chopstick to get them blended. I am giving this a three star rating. Its good but not great.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Kame

KameGranville

Inexpensive but doesn’t blend well

This blender is great for milkshakes but not so much for smoothies. It struggles to blend frozen fruits well, I suggest letting the frozen fruits to defrost before beginning to blend them.

Date PurchasedApr 2017