Russell Hobbs Classic RHBL2

Russell Hobbs Classic RHBL2

MPNs: RHB-RHBL2 and RHBL2

See the Best Blenders in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Archimedean

ArchimedeanGippsland, VIC

Works well but prone to faults.

There is an old adage “once bitten twice shy”, I should have remembered that when I bought this blender. I had previously bought one which turned out to be faulty (motor), took it back and obtained a replacement which subsequently also had a problem when its warranty period had just ended.

Foolishly I bought another about 12 months ago which has developed a crack on the plastic at the base of the glass jug. When I was younger and living in the UK Russell Hobbs used to be a quality brand you could depend on but no longer. In recent times I have had other appliances which have been equally as poor as this one in terms of faults that have arisen.

Purchased in June 2018.

Noise Level
Safety
Used for: Juices, Smoothies and Soups

Monty

MontySydney Surrounds, NSW

Disappointed

Bought from target yesterday to come home to puree baby food which is soft steamed vegetables and cant seem to even pick the food up!! So disappointed hopefully get my money back today.

Purchased in June 2019.

Andrew B.

Andrew B.

Excellent Blender

Excellent blender, powerful, 3 modes, and has no problems crushing nuts, making smoothies, milkshakes etc. Generous sized jug, and very nice looking blender. I am very happy with this purchase.

Purchased in April 2019 at Target Australia for $39.20.

Noise Level
Safety
Product is used: Daily
Used for: Smoothies

TruthForAll

TruthForAllSouth East Queensland, QLD

I purchased this blender at a price I could afford. Works very well, albeit quite loud (cotton balls in ears for me). I'm happy with the design and what it can do. Great for making frozen cocktails for the Summer! A good buy for those of us that have a budget to stick to.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Desa 18Melbourne

Looks good

It works really well, I use it for smoothies, 80% of the ingredients I use in it are frozen & ice. It handles really well.
Only thing I would say it’s very loud, but powerful.
Looks nice on the bench too.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Vicky

VickyAU

worth the money

This is the second piece of blender I've had. It's bit noisy when it's working, but the performance is good.
I brought it from The Good Guys with a good deal, and I think it's worth the money.
So far so good, like it.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Rebecca

RebeccaSydney

Pretty good value for money

I bought this blender as it fits within my tight budget, needless to say I’m pleasantly surprised at how good it is!! I use it to make smoothies mostly, but also use it to purée tomato’s and other vegetables for cooking and it works very well for an affordable general purpose blender.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Tetrus

Tetrusmelbourne

Completely happy with this

We have had this on the bench for years and it always works just how I want. Plenty of power, good control. It does it all. The only possible negative I can think of os that it makes a bit of noise on full power but it doesn't worry me at all. I would recommend this model

Date PurchasedSep 2014
Serton1

Serton1Richmond

Very neat and good blender

This blender quietly sits in our kitchen and does exactly what I expect when called upon. It has solid blades that get through everything fruit or veggies and always works as expected. We've had it for over three years now and no complaints at all. Works well

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Neutrino

Neutrinomelbourne

Excellent general purpose blender

This sits on our bench next to the kettle waiting for us! It gets used for soups and smoothies and the very occasional milkshake and it has more than enough power for those jobs. It's got a pulse control that makes quite a racket - actually the whole thing is fairly noisy but it never gets used for very long, so no big deal. We have has zero problems and I can easily recommend this model. Been great.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Golf56

Golf56melbourne

Great Blender With Glass Jug

I am happy with this blender. I particularly was looking for one with a glass jug because its healthier and I often want to process hot soup which doesn't go so well with plastic. Its well made, maybe not the most powerful ever but certainly adequate. It looks good on the bench too. It was good value.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Ash

Ash

Good blender for daily smoothies

I bought this blender from Big W for $49 and its doing a pretty good job. It has a big sturdy glass jar of 1.5lts which is best suited to make simple everyday smoothies for a family of 4. The downside is that it doesn't grind up into a very fine paste and the fruits and the veggies need to be cut into pieces before blending them. Also, the bigger pieces sometimes get stuck near the blades and I use a spoon or a spatula to move them out. On the good side, all the parts of the jar can be removed and cleaned thoroughly and the glass jar(without the blades and the lid) is dishwasher safe. Not bad for the price.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Roger_Wilco

Roger_WilcoMelbourne

Good For Smoothies

I have quite a few Russell Hobbs products so I bought this because it was only $49 at Big W. Well, it's only OK not fantastic. It does an excellent job with milkshakes and smoothies but it struggles if you add harder vegies or big pieces of fruit, which I like to do. We also tried if for soup and the results were average - had to keep moving the bigger bits near the blades with a chopstick to get them blended. I am giving this a three star rating. Its good but not great.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Kame

KameGranville

Inexpensive but doesn’t blend well

This blender is great for milkshakes but not so much for smoothies. It struggles to blend frozen fruits well, I suggest letting the frozen fruits to defrost before beginning to blend them.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Doesn't do Ice

Bought this to make smoothies that includeds ice. The ice did not blend well, being thrown up to the top of the jug bits got missed and I ended up with chunks of ice in my drinks. No good for the job I wanted it to do. Used twice, took it back for refund.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Fiona

FionaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good Blender!

Bought the Russell Hobbs blender from Big W. It's an attractive looking blender with a silver base and sturdy thick glass jug. It's 700W which is powerful enough to blend fruit and veg to make a nice juice. The blades are strong enough to crush ice. The only design flaw is that the jug needs to held while blending as it feels a bit wobbly on the base. Anyway, comes with a 2 year warranty and for $49 that's a bargain!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Nathan C

Nathan CPerth

Reliable, good price

Reliably built blender, very good considering the price. Use it up to everyday and have not had a problem with it. Can be a bit noisy but it is only on for a few seconds before the job is done.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Perfect

I brought this item this week my intention was to make lebanese garlic dip. It blended all ingredients really well and its two speed function was perfect. Cleaning the blender was easy and the glass was a little heavy but is well worth the money. Was on special at big w which was a bonus

Date PurchasedSep 2017

PaulineB35

PaulineB35Blue Mountains

Just ok

This blender is ok for the simple stuff, like smoothies etc but doesn't perform when the going gets a bit tougher. It's still a sturdy unit and the jug is glass which is nice. Not particularly noisy and I guess it's ok for the price

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Cheryl S

Cheryl S

Can't clean properly.

The blender itself works well, but food gets down between the glass and the black plastic ring-which can't be removed. Probably the only flaw in its design. Tried soaking, which removed some of the foodstuffs, but not all. Not very hygienic.

Date PurchasedMar 2017