Russell Hobbs Classic Chopper RHMFP2

Russell Hobbs Classic Chopper RHMFP2

MPN: RHMFP2

Fantastic little chopper

Motor fits in drawer. Nice glass bowl with lid so you can put the whole thing in the fridge. Can hold a lot more than a spice grinder but not as much as a full processor. Quick to put together, easy to clean: bowl, lid and blade go in the dishwasher. Important note: make sure you rotate the motor until it engages with the blade spindle BEFORE you start the motor. If you don't the motor will find the spindle as it rotates, lock on and as it does so it will start to break up the plastic gear on the top of the spindle.
$39 at Target. If you like it, buy a spare and put it in a cupboard because chances are they will have deleted it when you either drop and break the bowl as I did or it wears out.

Purchased in February 2016 at Target for $39.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Used for: Dips & Condiments and Ground Nuts / Nut Butters

Loving this brilliant Russell Hobbs Chopper

I bought to this process christmas balls recipes but after reading previous reviews, I ended up just using it as a chopper for hard biscuits and nuts and it was brilliant! I did have to chop in batches as it only fit around half pack of 250g biscuits but it chopped everything down perfectly (no big chunky bits left unchopped). The glass bowl is heavy and solid and the motor end seems very solid and the blade seems to be fairly strong. The large activator button on top makes it comfortable to use either hand and to easily control actions from pulsing to heavy duty chopping. The lid that separates the chopper from the contents in the bowl makes clean up really quick too. Loving it so far

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Convenient chopper

Easy to assemble and clean. Comes with a nice glass bowl. Chops onion garlic and meat well. Food gets squashed at the bottom after a few spins and misses the blade so you need to stir up the food a few times. Price is cheap. 3 year warranty is excellent.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Exactly What I was after

I bought this chopper for chopping onions, carrots, celery etc when making soups, casseroles and all those winter slow cooked meals . It does the job perfectly. Saves time. I always find chopping the vegetables such a tedious task. Not any more. It cuts them smaller than I would but I didn't find this to be a negative.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Compact little processor that does the job well

Pros
-Really affordable (below 50 dollars)
-Great for one person
-Does the job well - so far I have made chimmichuri, protein balls and cheese cake to great success
-Easy to clean

Cons
-Little noisy (to be expected)
-Can't handle things in large volumes e.g. if you're trying to make more than one serve of something

Otherwise, really satisfied with my purchase!

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Very good chopper

I bought this to make shakes or juices. It serves the purpose perfectly.
Really love the glass jar, easy to wash either by hand or dish washer. The glass is heavy tells that it is a quality made.
The button is very handy as it is very big and is on top. Having a big button enables user to press the button and also provide some grip while the chopper is in use.
The capacity was OK until the kids started growing up and have to do multiple rounds.
I haven't tried chopping meat but I have used it on spices and they were good too.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

It’s OK as a food chopper

My mother-in-law gave me this food chopper to prepare baby food. I’ve tried to use it a few times to make protein balls and baby food and was very disappointed as it’s not a food processor, just a chopper, which isn’t appropriate for either of those things. As a food chopper it works fine though!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Super fast and efficient

Love this chopper/blender. It does everything that a large blender would do except better. Blends, chops mixes. And super fast. Love this little machine. Have made smoothies, blended fruit veggies and nuts without a problem. I really can't fault it. The ingredients also don't pool in one place. Makes your job a lot easier in the kitchen

Date PurchasedMay 2017

This sounds perfect for small amounts of vegetables to make an almost the instant soup. 1. Chop Veggies. 2. Microwave. 3. Cook and blend! Yes I'll be buying one of these... Question is the bowl Microwaveable and Oven proof? Thanks in advance...
There is a metal shaft attached to the bowl to hold the cutting blade in place, so not microwave safe. According to the manual, neither microwave nor oven is recommended. Safety tips from the manual: - Leave cooked foods to cool for a while before processing. - For your safety, do not mix liquids / foods that are hotter than 40°C. - Do not place on or near any heat sources. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :( For the record, I absolutely love my chopper for chopping (it can chop superfine) and prepping but I haven't yet used it for cooked foods. I use a stick blender to make things mushy (hot or cold) anyway. I hope this helps :)Thanks Wendy M! Great response, and thank you so much for your prompt and informative reply. I am really happy, and eager to buy this little monster... Yes it sure did help...very kind indeed...I have a glass container with lid for the Microwave to cook my veggies in...so that's great!

I bought the last one of these in a store... so no box (But I do have the manual and it is in perfect condition)... I just don't know what the little white plastic thing is for... or where it's supposed to go? Any ideas?
The only little white plastic thing I can see on mine is on the underside of the motor where it connects to the lid there is a nest of connectors I assume where the blade stem plugs in.thanks so much for your response Wendy. Now I think maybe it was part of the packing? to protect one of the pieces?

Great machine but I am disapointed the drive on the motor is stripped and the drive in the cuttng blade is stripped.

Classic Chopper RHMFP2