Russell Hobbs Classic Chopper RHMFP2

• Safety
Ky N

Ky NGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very good little machine

I had this for about six months, the purpose is to smash food for little baby. It works well, easy to clean, and using less energy than the other. It is not expensive and I highly recommend this machine.

Purchased in December 2019 at Target Australia for A$39.20.

Used for Soups

SusanRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Very good device.

Works very well, just got to watch out for the blades - very sharp, as I found out
The attachments can be a bit fiddely but on the whole I find the chopper works well.

Purchased in May 2020 at Target Australia for A$49.00.

Product is used Several times a week
Used for Dips & Condiments, Dough, Ground Meat, Ground Nuts / Nut Butters and Soups

iduguid2Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

A great little inexpensive machine

Had this for approx 12 months and it has done a large amount of work. Use it for making Hommus, dips, breadcrumbs etc.
Glass bowl is excellent, the unit is easy to clean. I thought the blade assembly felt a bit cheap and lightweight, but it has surprised me and survived alot of hard work so far. I thought about buying a spare blade just in case and to get longer life out of the whole unit, but there does not seem to be anywhere in Aus to buy them, so that means it will become landfill when the blade wears out, and I have to buy a whole new one.
This is a great machine at a very reasonable price. I would give it 4.5 stars If I could do halves.

Purchased in January 2019 at Target Australia for A$49.00.

Used for Dips & Condiments and Ground Nuts / Nut Butters
Food Processors

Find out how Russell Hobbs Classic Chopper RHMFP2 compares to other Food Processors

Best little appliance I’ve bought.

The best kitchen appliance I have bought!!!! Saves so much time. So far I have used it to make chicken stuffing, crumbed biscuit base for cheesecake and minced chillies for homemade sweet chilli sauce. The bowl and lid go in the dishwasher, so only the blade needs hand washing. I totally recommend this product.

Purchased in January 2020 for A$39.00.

Used for Dips & Condiments, Ground Meat, Ground Nuts / Nut Butters and Soups

CozzyPerth, WA

Perfect little addition to the kitchen!

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for A$40.00.

Mayday

MaydayNorth Queensland, QLD

Not very powerful

Purchased in July 2019 at Target Australia for A$49.00.

Used for Dips & Condiments, Ground Nuts / Nut Butters and Soups
Jenny B

Jenny BGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love this little chopper!

I bought this chopper/food processor at Target for $49.00. I live in a small apartment with very limited space so I needed a smaller unit. This gadget will be used over and over.

Purchased in July 2019 at Target Australia for A$49.00.

Used for Dips & Condiments, Ground Nuts / Nut Butters and Soups
Wendy M

Wendy MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Loving this brilliant Russell Hobbs Chopper

I bought to this process christmas balls recipes but after reading previous reviews, I ended up just using it as a chopper for hard biscuits and nuts and it was brilliant! I did have to chop in batches as it only fit around half pack of 250g biscuits but it chopped everything down perfectly (no big chunky bits left unchopped). The glass bowl is heavy and solid and the motor end seems very solid and the blade seems to be fairly strong. The large activator button on top makes it comfortable to use either hand and to easily control actions from pulsing to heavy duty chopping. The lid that separates the chopper from the contents in the bowl makes clean up really quick too. Loving it so far

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Jade A

Jade AGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Convenient chopper

Easy to assemble and clean. Comes with a nice glass bowl. Chops onion garlic and meat well. Food gets squashed at the bottom after a few spins and misses the blade so you need to stir up the food a few times. Price is cheap. 3 year warranty is excellent.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Food Processors

Julia Reid

Julia ReidSydney, NSW

Exactly What I was after

I bought this chopper for chopping onions, carrots, celery etc when making soups, casseroles and all those winter slow cooked meals . It does the job perfectly. Saves time. I always find chopping the vegetables such a tedious task. Not any more. It cuts them smaller than I would but I didn't find this to be a negative.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
S. Wong

S. WongSydney

Compact little processor that does the job well

Pros
-Really affordable (below 50 dollars)
-Great for one person
-Does the job well - so far I have made chimmichuri, protein balls and cheese cake to great success
-Easy to clean

Cons
-Little noisy (to be expected)
-Can't handle things in large volumes e.g. if you're trying to make more than one serve of something

Otherwise, really satisfied with my purchase!

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Rakesh

RakeshPerth, WA

Very good chopper

I bought this to make shakes or juices. It serves the purpose perfectly.
Really love the glass jar, easy to wash either by hand or dish washer. The glass is heavy tells that it is a quality made.
The button is very handy as it is very big and is on top. Having a big button enables user to press the button and also provide some grip while the chopper is in use.
The capacity was OK until the kids started growing up and have to do multiple rounds.
I haven't tried chopping meat but I have used it on spices and they were good too.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Emma B

Emma BSydney, NSW

It’s OK as a food chopper

My mother-in-law gave me this food chopper to prepare baby food. I’ve tried to use it a few times to make protein balls and baby food and was very disappointed as it’s not a food processor, just a chopper, which isn’t appropriate for either of those things. As a food chopper it works fine though!

Date PurchasedDec 2017
WheresWally

WheresWallyBrisbane

Super fast and efficient

Love this chopper/blender. It does everything that a large blender would do except better. Blends, chops mixes. And super fast. Love this little machine. Have made smoothies, blended fruit veggies and nuts without a problem. I really can't fault it. The ingredients also don't pool in one place. Makes your job a lot easier in the kitchen

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Meredi

Merediasked

Hi my toddler pushed the glass bowl off the counter this afternoon and it has shattered. Is it possible to buy a replacement part?

iduguid2

Hi, I doubt it. If you could, it would probably cost near the same as buying another complete unit. Wasteful I know, but unfortunatley that is the disposeable era we live in.

Helen

Helenasked

Nothing in bowl blades spin as soon as I add food blades won’t spin

Susan

I find the chopper okay - don't use it great deal, it's just as easy to cut things up by hand and less items to wash up.

Karen B.

Karen B.asked

Can you make nut butters with this machine?

Cozzy

Hi Karen B, no you couldn't make nut butters with this machine. The blades aren't sharp enough nor do they go fast enough. I don't think the manufacturers would even say it could.
The only machine I know of (and I have one) is a Thermomix, that can definitely make nut butters.
I use my Thermomix for a lot of my cooking, but this chopper comes in handy when I'm NOT using Thermi and I want to chop up garlic, chillies, onions, herbs etc. , for when I'm using my big stock pot or fry pan.
Hope this helps, Bye.

Catherine Smith
Catherine Smith

Hi Karen,
No this machine wouldn’t be suitable for Nut Butter. You’d need a food processor for that. I have used this machine to chop whole nuts for biscuits and slices.

Get an answer from our members and Russell Hobbs representatives