4Russell Hobbs Express Chef RHPC1000

Russell Hobbs Express Chef RHPC1000 Questions & Answers (page 3)

VerifiedMPNs:3547, RHB-RHPC1000 and RHPC1000
Gerri T.
Gerri T.

what type of steamer container do i use

Rease

They make steamer baskets for these types of pots now, however, I have used just a simple steaming basket I got at the dollar store and it works fine. It is stainless steel. It really depends on what you are making. You just need to make sure the lid will close without any obstruction. As long as it does, any stainless steel steamer basket should do. Silicone should also be ok.

Maria Chris
Maria Chris

how to remove anti-block sheild

Nick N.
Nick N.

Slow cooker recipes have a low setting time and some also have a high setting time. Does this machines slow cook function fall into the low or high setting range? I can't find it anywhere. If don't know if I set 4 hours if it's a low or high setting.

CVW
CVW

The manual setting is only an hour and I need 2 hours. Can I just add another hour once the first is finished.

Rease

The manual setting would be for high pressure. It's rare to cook something for two hours under high pressure, but yes, it's possible if you need to!

Sunil C
Sunil C

Please tell me HOW do I set the time for 75 minutes, when the maximum manual time only allows for 60 minutes????

Jan

Hi, I'm finding that when I do a meat & veg stew that the meat is still a bit tough but the vegetables are overcooked to mush! I'm using the curry setting & leaving the vegetables whole or halved... any ideas what I'm doing wrong or how to stop the veggies getting overcooked?

janeg26
janeg26

hi Jan, I’ve found often the meat needs longer & that it works better with chicken & veg. If I use meat I cook for a bit longer & only put the hard root veggies in.

Jan

Thanks that makes good sense, I was thinking to do meat first & then add the veg, just wondered if I'd been doing something wrong.

Rease

I would cook the meat in the stew till almost done, then add the veg and cook till done.

TONY
TONY

When this gets to the "Keep Warm" function will it dry out the food? I have wondered if you could get it turn off after a certain amount of time. Hope someone can help. PS. I LOVE this fabulous machine.

Rease

I find if you leave the lid on, it will not dry out, because the lid locks in all the moisture. If you take the lid off and leave it on Keep Warm, yes, things will dry out.

Amber H.
Amber H.

How many litres is the inner cooking bowl?

PhilB
PhilB

6 litres I think

Dolly Y.
Dolly Y.

How do I cook a whole chicken? Do I use the manual setting? if the chicken is around 2k how long do I cook it for? Do I need to use the trivet and is liquid required?

Teresa T.
Teresa T.

If the chicken is defrosted, it takes about 25-30 minutes with a quick release. Then I pop it under the broiler for about 5 mins or so, to crisp up the skin. If the chicken is frozen, it will take about 15-20 minutes longer in the pressure cooker. You cook it on manual setting. Use the trivet if you can, but sometimes my chicken is too large and sits in the water without the trivet. You always need liquid using the pressure cooker mode. If you use a broth instead of water, it will add more flavour.

Colleen F.
Colleen F.

I would like to purchase new trivet and measure jug please if you can give me details! Thanks colleen

Carolyn M.
Carolyn M.

contact them via facebook, and they will let you know if you can purchase them or not, and price etc. They're pretty quick.

Jeje
Jeje

When using this in slow cooker mode, do you still need at least 1 cup of liquid?

LMMM

Yes, it need water to cook properly, I leave the vent open too... the book is not really clear on that, but I go by info I find about the " Instant Pot"... it worked for me. I would use more than 1 cup of water personally.

Christine B
Christine B

Do you put cold or boiled water to make rice?

LMMM

Cold always. And I only cook white rice for about Six minutes from reaching temp.

Figs
Figs

Can I cook beans in this, there are no instructions?

LMMM

Yes, it's perfect for that!

Download the Instant Pot cooking time chart for all your needs. There are definitely some DO's and DON"Ts for cooking beans.

Good luck :-)

Kim L
Kim L

Many people on this forum say it is easy to clean, but I cannot even remove the anti-block shield under the lid as per instructions, as I am supposed to do after each cooking. Can someone help with some tips?

KL

LMMM

I can't either, but it looks fine and i still use it!

Nat
Nat

Does it have a steamer option?

LMMM

Yes! It's fantastic for veges etc. Just keep the cooking times short to start with. I actually find using the printable Instant Pot cooking times chart far more accurate than any other. Many of the automatic times are far too long. The manual button is your friend!

ed carter
ed carter

Do I put water in the outside bowl before start cooking?

LMMM

No! The inner bowl only. Read the book first !

Kathy
Kathy

Where can l buy a new seal for our Russell Hobbs Express ChefDigital Multi Cooker it is almost years old and we use it a lot?

LMMM

I'm going to be trying the ones available on Amazon first....the brand specific type is about 1/3 of the price I paid for cooker! I enquired through www.needapart.co.nz whom the unfriendly person at Harvey Norman told me to ring.You could also try the service number from the instruction book. Personally, I would rather try the Amazon ones first! Not prepared to pay $42.50 to have ONE freighted from overseas without trying that option first!.... All the best.

PDR
PDR

Hello, loved this product but now it doesn’t seal properly for slow cooking. Have to waste time trying and it’s driving me nuts. Any advice as I feel like ditching it!

Hi,

We have not had a problem with ours. Ours is used a couple of times a week, and I would recommend the Russell Hobbs to anyone looking for an electric Pressure Cooker. We did a lot of research before purchasing ours, and the Russell Hobbs came up trumps.

Regards,

Hi,

Regards,

LMMM

Like all pressure cookers, the seal does wear out especially if used often, I think the average life expectancy of a seal if used regularly is about one year max .... Just buy a new seal and you should be right. Also, first check that there is no food stuck anywhere. The seal should be removed on a regular basis for cleaning.

hml
hml

When using this as a slow cooker do I need to half the liquid the same as when pressure cooking?

LJG
LJG

I don't think so

Rosanna
Rosanna

What is the material used to manufacture ?

Viv
Viv

Hi guys,

I bought the RH express Multicooker today and I noticed the exhaust valve is very loose. It jiggles around and pulls off very easily. When I move it to either the exhaust mode or release mode, the knob sits there flimsily. Is this what everyone’s machine is like? Also, is there anywhere I can get more recipes specificially for this machine? Thanks!

Martha
Martha

Hi Viv, mine is the same. Sometimes I need to press the lid manually during heating process (only plastic edges are not hot) so it gets the pressure. Not sure about recipes...

Hi Viv

Yes the exhaust valve does wobbly about as you say. It's nothing to worry about. It all seals off as the pressure builds up. We are very happy with our Russell Hobbs Pressure Cooker.

There are lots of recipes on the internet, which are easy to follow. Don't be afraid to experiment with your own ideas too. Good luck. YSL. Australia.

Get an answer from our members and Russell Hobbs representatives