4Russell Hobbs Express Chef RHPC1000

Russell Hobbs Express Chef RHPC1000 Questions & Answers (page 4)

VerifiedMPNs:3547, RHB-RHPC1000 and RHPC1000
Luke W

Hi guys. Is the pressure relief knob meant to be as loose as it is? Haven't cooked with it yet but it pulls off and feels very loose

Amanda Y
Amanda Y

I was just about to ask this question! Did you find an answer elsewhere? Have you cooked with it yet?

Luke W

It seems to be normal. It's really loose but seals perfectly when pressure cooking :-)

Kathy
Kathy

Does it have a delay start function?

Mumof4

Yes it does. You won't be disappointed in this machine, cooks perfectly every time.

Michelle
Michelle

How do I manually set the pressure cook time. From what I see I just select manual then adjust time accordingly. Is that correct?

Mumof4

Yes that is correct, but you also have the option of a delayed start as well.

jo0404
jo0404

Just purchased today! Does anyone know where you buy a steamer basket from to suit it? Can't seem to find it under accessories on their website. Thanks!

Jesska
Jesska

Just windering if u found one? I got one of these for xmas

Radhika
Radhika

Is this Teflon coated?

Hopeful
Hopeful

Yes inner container is non-stick.

sue87
sue87

Hi, Have had this cooker about a week, very happy with it overall, but does anyone have an odour problem with the silicone seal, and if so how do you clean it? I tried soapy water, and the method with water and lemon tip which was in the manual. Ended up soaking in mild bleach solution, got the port smell out now I have chinese spice odour, any answers would be appreciated.

Anna4830
Anna4830

hot soapy water. It is hard to get the smell out but at least you know it is clean. Let it air dry too. I also have good results from using a little bi-carb soda and cold water to soak it in - i don't recommend bleach!!!!

JustaPerson
JustaPerson

Hi, I just purchased this machine and I noticed it says it has a default 4 hours slow cooking option but it can be changed. I wanted the option of both slow cooking and pressure cooking. But 4 hours is too short for me to set in the morning and be back from work. I wanted to know if you have set an 8 hour time and whether the food was still good?

Jaseygalore
Jaseygalore

Our friend [name removed] says the perfect roast chicken is cooked for 5 hours at 140 F which is 60 C. The manual says the 'Keep Warm' setting will sit between 60-80 C. If [name removed] hasn't poisoned anybody with his 5-hour chicken at 60 C, then at least we can assume that the food will not spoil if you use the default 4-hour setting which will switch to 'Keep Warm'

Get an answer from our members and Russell Hobbs representatives