Russell Hobbs Eden Kettle RHK4W

See the Best Electric Kettles in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Russell Hobbs

One of the worst pieces of design I have come across

I used one of these for a week in a holiday rental. It was very heavy, hard to see water level and almost burned the hand when pouring. The cheap plastic kettles we have owned have got all these things right. Hard to believe this product can get so many basic design rules wrong.

Johnny_on_the_go
Johnny_on_the_goGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Died at 12 years - heading out to replace it with same

Kettle feels good in hand and I like its low slung weight. Pleasing to the eye on the bench and went the distance (12 years of multiple daily uses).
I actually appreciate how hot the outside gets to the touch. You know if you can go for a second pour or a reboil. I just hope they haven't changed manufacturing since our last purchase. Autopsy reveals the element finally failed. Never leaked. Bit difficult to get in and clean

Purchased in March 2008.

Banshee
Banshee

Love my kettle but....

I love this kettle I received for Christmas with a matching purple toaster but after 6 months and being looked after very well the purple is beginning to flake off leaving small silver patches. Cant return it to Harris Scarfe as the store has closed down. It also can be a bit difficult to tell the true water level. The kettle works well, just disappointed with the quality of the finish.

Purchased in December 2019 at Harris Scarfe Physical Stores for $49.95.

katiej
katiej

I really like this kettle: I'm about to buy my third one!

This is a great kettle: good value, simple to use, reliable, attractive, no floaties, no taste taints. Best features for me are its ergonomic balance, rapid boil and light weight.

Purchased for $45.00.

John Neetng
John NeetngSouth East Queensland, QLD

leaks like a fish net

had purple one 2 years, started leaking from bottom, blows house breaker, button press rediculously made of plastic which snapped clean off within a few months. sorry hobbsy - a real lemon - back to the drawing board

Purchased in April 2017 at The Good Guys for $49.00.

Dan N
Dan Nsydney

Failed

Started leaking after about three years. I expected better from this. Will not buy Russell Hobbs again as this is the second product of theirs I've had which has failed.

Purchased in March 2016.

Gihan Niranga
Gihan NirangaVictoria, 3978

Terrible Experience with The Good Guys Manager at Narre Warren

Date PurchasedJune 2018

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020
Michael
MichaelPerth, WA

Excellent kettle

We purchased this kettle in July 2016 & have not had any problems with it at all. It is the stainless steel model & heats quickly & quietly. It holds a good quantity of water & for the price, I think is value for money. Would definitely buy it again & recommend it.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016
Nadine
NadineGoulburn Valley, VIC

Reasonable Kettle.

This kettle has worked on a daily basis since 2015. The on/off switch is just starting to wear and you need to hold it down to get the kettle to work.
Pros: Boils well, easy to clean, nice looking, easy to fill.
Cons: Surface area is very hot to touch.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Dulciekm
DulciekmAvenell Heights

Dont know what i done before without this little gem.

My russell hobbs kettle is wonderful also comes in a few different colours i have the red and is a talking point. The kettle holds a good quantity of water boils quickly.
Having a base to sit on and cordless makes it a very good item to use at ease.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Jen
JenSydney, NSW

Just what I wanted!

Great style, price, size and functionality. I have used one for years at my workplace and have been more than happy. I decided to purchase the same for my home. I followed the manufacturers instructions re boiling and rinsing 3 times prior to use. No negative comments to make. Would recommend to others.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Sam
SamAU

Disappointing

Was given this as a gift. Decent kettle, but didn't last as long as I would have liked.

Pros:
* Looks decent
* Can coil excess length of power cable under kettle base for neatness
* Lasted 4 years

Cons:
* The shape of the kettle and position of its handle can make pouring awkward, particularly when emptying the kettle
* Water started leaking out the bottom of the kettle after 4 years. Would have been nicer if it lasted longer. Not sure if this happened because we didn't clean or descale it?

Date PurchasedAug 2012

Terrible

Cut out switch failed after one day. The steam comes out of the bottom near the off switch and burns your finger when you turn it of manually. No response to emails to Russell Hobbs. Their toaster doesn't pop the toast up all the way and burns your thumb when you pull the lever up further. My cheap plastic kettle and toaster may look crap but did a far better job. Oh well once burnt twice shy as they say!

Date PurchasedJune 2015
Lindsay Vagg
Lindsay Vagg

2nd Russell Hobbs product I've had, neither of which were great

Stirling
StirlingAdelaide, South Australia

Problems with Eden overcome.

The issue with the Eden turning off frequently when you are trying to boil was a problem but was solved by changing power supply. Initially power came from a power board, but by bypassing the board and plugging directly into the socket solved the problem.