Russell Hobbs RHK4

2.3

Johnny_on_the_go

Johnny_on_the_goGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Died at 12 years - heading out to replace it with same

Kettle feels good in hand and I like its low slung weight. Pleasing to the eye on the bench and went the distance (12 years of multiple daily uses).
I actually appreciate how hot the outside gets to the touch. You know if you can go for a second pour or a reboil. I just hope they haven't changed manufacturing since our last purchase. Autopsy reveals the element finally failed. Never leaked. Bit difficult to get in and clean

Purchased in March 2008.

Angela

Angela

Love my kettle but....

I love this kettle I received for Christmas with a matching purple toaster but after 6 months and being looked after very well the purple is beginning to flake off leaving small silver patches. Cant return it to Harris Scarfe as the store has closed down. It also can be a bit difficult to tell the true water level. The kettle works well, just disappointed with the quality of the finish.

Purchased in December 2019 at Harris Scarfe Physical Stores for A$49.95.

katiej

katiej

I really like this kettle: I'm about to buy my third one!

This is a great kettle: good value, simple to use, reliable, attractive, no floaties, no taste taints. Best features for me are its ergonomic balance, rapid boil and light weight.

Purchased for A$45.00.

John Neetng

John NeetngSouth East Queensland, QLD

leaks like a fish net

had purple one 2 years, started leaking from bottom, blows house breaker, button press rediculously made of plastic which snapped clean off within a few months. sorry hobbsy - a real lemon - back to the drawing board

Purchased in April 2017 at The Good Guys for A$49.00.

Dan N

Dan Nsydney

Failed

Started leaking after about three years. I expected better from this. Will not buy Russell Hobbs again as this is the second product of theirs I've had which has failed.

Purchased in March 2016.

Gihan Niranga

Gihan NirangaVictoria, 3978

Terrible Experience with The Good Guys Manager at Narre Warren

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Michael

MichaelPerth, WA

Excellent kettle

We purchased this kettle in July 2016 & have not had any problems with it at all. It is the stainless steel model & heats quickly & quietly. It holds a good quantity of water & for the price, I think is value for money. Would definitely buy it again & recommend it.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Nadine

NadineVic

Reasonable Kettle.

This kettle has worked on a daily basis since 2015. The on/off switch is just starting to wear and you need to hold it down to get the kettle to work.
Pros: Boils well, easy to clean, nice looking, easy to fill.
Cons: Surface area is very hot to touch.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Dulciekm

DulciekmAvenell Heights

Dont know what i done before without this little gem.

My russell hobbs kettle is wonderful also comes in a few different colours i have the red and is a talking point. The kettle holds a good quantity of water boils quickly.
Having a base to sit on and cordless makes it a very good item to use at ease.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Jen

JenSydney, NSW

Just what I wanted!

Great style, price, size and functionality. I have used one for years at my workplace and have been more than happy. I decided to purchase the same for my home. I followed the manufacturers instructions re boiling and rinsing 3 times prior to use. No negative comments to make. Would recommend to others.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Sam

SamAU

Disappointing

Was given this as a gift. Decent kettle, but didn't last as long as I would have liked.

Pros:
* Looks decent
* Can coil excess length of power cable under kettle base for neatness
* Lasted 4 years

Cons:
* The shape of the kettle and position of its handle can make pouring awkward, particularly when emptying the kettle
* Water started leaking out the bottom of the kettle after 4 years. Would have been nicer if it lasted longer. Not sure if this happened because we didn't clean or descale it?

Date PurchasedAug 2012

Terrible

Cut out switch failed after one day. The steam comes out of the bottom near the off switch and burns your finger when you turn it of manually. No response to emails to Russell Hobbs. Their toaster doesn't pop the toast up all the way and burns your thumb when you pull the lever up further. My cheap plastic kettle and toaster may look crap but did a far better job. Oh well once burnt twice shy as they say!

Date PurchasedJun 2015
Lindsay Vagg

Lindsay Vagg

2nd Russell Hobbs product I've had, neither of which were great

Stirling

StirlingAdelaide, South Australia

Problems with Eden overcome.

The issue with the Eden turning off frequently when you are trying to boil was a problem but was solved by changing power supply. Initially power came from a power board, but by bypassing the board and plugging directly into the socket solved the problem.

Not bad for $39

These kettles look fantastic, but sadly do leak. Appliances are not made like they used to be, to last, definitely made to require updating every few years. I am happy to only pay $39 for something that is so cute - any more and it would be an absolute waste of money, but would like to see RH improve the durability of these, a bad reflection on the company to see so many poor reviews.
Looks great
Leaks after a few years from the base.

Mellow08

Mellow08Mid North Coast, NSW

Sprung a leak

Luckily, it started leaking a month before the end of the 2 year warranty. Paid $8 to exchange it for a slightly more expensive Russell Hobbs Whisper. It lives up to its name but it should come with a warning about plastic flavoured tea. A stainless steel kettle with a couple of plastic parts that disintegrate fast enough to infuse the tea.
I think I'll go back to boiling water on the gas stove like the good old days.
Quiet
Probably likely to give me cancer.

desmondo

desmondoSA, 5022

Ok but limited life - 2 yrs before leaking

I wrote a previous review saying it was a pretty good kettle ... however it died around the 2 or 2.5 year mark. Leaking from the base.

However, I couldnt find any other kettle that was in the stores nearby that got any better reviews, so weird as it is I bought another RHK4 because it was on special at HS for only $39 ... I'd rather pay $39 for a 2 year kettle than an expensive one for $100 and have it fail at 2 years also.
Looks good
Short lifespan

don't like them

My daughter bought me a new Russell Hobbs kettle..what a waste of money..it constantly turns it self off..is also rusts on inside of kettle where your water is..she was going to buy me another one ..they are too expensive to waste money on..it is only for boiling water..not serving cup of tea from for queen
nothing
too expensive..went rusty inside

Really bad buy

I bought this kettle in November of 2011 and it started leaking last year, about 10 months ago. I bought it because I have owned RH stuff in the past and not had a problem. In the last four weeks the leaking has got much worse and today I went out and bought another kettle (not a RH one). I didn't think I had kept my docket etc but I found it today, but unfortunately it is now outside the 2 yr warranty. I will not be buying another Russell Hobbs product again (I wish I had thought of googling this product last year, when the leaking first started, but I kept thinking it would go away (the leaking).

See my review.

Maev....Sydney

Dont what these people are talking about...

Maev....Sydney

Still have this kettle....still going along as good as the day I purchased it....still happy with it.