Russell Hobbs RHTOV20

Russell Hobbs RHTOV20

MPN: RHB-RHTOV20
See the Best Microwaves in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Russell Hobbs

Hans Joachim S.Sydney, NSW

Clumsy Controls

The Good: The appliance works OK once you manage to turn it on
The Bad: Turning it on is hindered by: (i) Knobs have no mark to know which is the pointing part - I had to glue a red marker once I found out; (ii) Setting it to the desired task is convoluted, instead of just Toast or Grill, the time and temperature, you have to move controls back and forth.
Conclusion: Whoever designed this, should be sent to the salt mines.

Purchased in June 2020.

AdamWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Excellent.....nothing else compares

Been using this fantastic oven for over a month now. Brilliant works perfectly I highly recommend this oven to everyone. Perfect for me living in a granny flat...perfect oven just perfect.
Plus comes with a 2 year warranty.

Purchased in February 2020 at Big W for $119.00.

Don't buy it!

This mini oven burns the top of food and leaves the food cold in the middle. I have tried changing the times and temperature various times but it still burns the top and leaves the food cold.
Do not buy it!

Purchased in December 2019 at Big W Online Store for $85.00.

Ronnie
RonnieRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Rubbish don’t buy

My wife bought this lemon for my birthday. The first time we plugged it in the power indicator light did not come on. We moved it to other power points and it didn’t come on so we took back to BigW and got another one. Now every time we use the oven there are problems . It has the most convoluted instruction for baking, and then does t work properly. Takes 20 mins to heat up to 170 when gauge is turned to 230. Had it less than 3 weeks taking it back.

Purchased in June 2019 at Ballina bigW for $89.00.

not good

Very loud vibrating noise heated up ok but went off didn't cook the lamb chops I had it on 230 so I tried to cook a slice of bacon it took 20 mins on 230 deg very disappointed 120 kms round trip to return it not very happy

Purchased in June 2019 at Big W Retail Stores for $87.20.

Noise Level

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Greg M.
Greg M.South East Queensland, QLD

Excellent oven

Foods all my food to perfection, only thing is the tray gets stained over the years difficult to remove. I have tried all other brands they left me wanting, and they didn't cook evenly.

Purchased in September 2017 at Big W Online Store for $92.00.

Colleen TaylorVarsity Lakes

Can't live without a microwave

Can't live without a Microwave! Never thought I would say those words but unfortunately in the world today there are some things you just can't do without.My microwave broke down and couldn't be fixed so I was without one for 2 weeks, I ended up buying a Russell Hobbs Microwave, heats well I am very pleased with it 5 out of 5

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Colleen Taylor

Top machine, I love my microwave.

Kelly
KellyMurray Mallee, SA

Either faulty or a lemon!!

Followed instructions to make etc. Preheated for 10 mins as per instructions and because had to cook longer than 60 mins turned controls to stay on as per instructions again and it goes cold... what on earth an I doing wrong??!! B9ught this for my partner and his son for their truck workshop. Feeling I have wasted money on it! Can anyone help??!!

Date PurchasedSept 2018

Dancing2
Dancing2Hawthorn

Family microwave

This has given us at least five years of solid duty now and shows no signs of stopping. I am 100% happy with its cooking ability. The only complaint is that the controls are getting quite scuffed and seemed to wear out more quickly than I would expect but apart from that - tops!

Date PurchasedJune 2013

Find out how Russell Hobbs RHTOV20 compares to other Microwaves

An asset in the kitchen.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
SonicBoom
SonicBoomMelbourne

Gets Used Daily

We really like this Russell Hobbs oven at our place. It gets used every day and does an excellent job. My only gripe is that the control buttons are obviously going to wear out before the rest of the machine and would not be replaceable. That's a shame because it's a really good unit. It cooks and reheats like a little champion and always does a good job. They just need to life the game with long term viability and it would be excellent.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Souva
Souvamelbourne

Good But Flawed

We got this because our old house oven died and we need a quick fill in.
It is surprisingly capable but it has flaws. It is cheaply made and heats unevenly but once you get used to its peculiarities, it can do a lot. We have cooked all kind sorts things in it!
On the bad side it really heats up. You don't want to forget and touch it ! It is a bit flimsy and the knobs are not the best but for $99 it saved the day for us so can't complain.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
PamTimaru

Have trouble getting bottom of things coo,ed

Made scones the other day and the top was cooked but bottom no colour at all even meat and deserts seem to take longer than normal am I not setting the product up correctly have had other people going over instructions with me but hasn't been any improvement in use

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Pam

Cool them lower in oven and perhaps a little hotter

minn
minnBowen

Hot plates are shocking.

Used this toaster oven over last few months. The major flaw is lack of temperature control of the two top hot plates. Hot plates need heating up for 10 minutes before use and then remain at a constant hot temperature. l spend too much time moving pans off then on hot plate in a vain attempt at temp control. Add temp control feature and the top hot plates would be much more useful.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Matt.D
Matt.DBundaberg

Great for $100

After getting rid of our microwave oven due to size and health concerns we purchased this little beauty for $100 from Harvey Norman. Personally I can't complain, we have cooked all sorts of food in this little oven and it heats up fast.

Two things to be aware of . . . Make sure you've got enough space around the oven for it to breath (I have roughly 20cm all round), also the light which comes on with the oven does not turn off when desired temp is reached, I just heat up the oven for 10 mins prior to putting any food in and that works great.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Karen
Karenasked

Bought the Russell Hobbs Family Convection Oven on the recommendation from a friend. We had a Sunbeam previously after our big oven stopped working. I am having difficulty getting good results cooking recipes that I have used for many years in those two ovens. I rang Russell Hobbs and they told me to put my cakes on the lowest level and turn the temperature down ten degrees because it is fan-forced. Unfortunately, apart from one cake, my cakes are not cooked in the middle. How can I fix this? I am also disappointed the oven does not indicate when it has reached the desired temperature. This is a big oversight, especially when cooking cakes.

Adam

Sorry you are having problems, once the oven reaches it temp it stops, then starts up again to maintain the desired temp..

Hans Joachim S.

Sorry, I don't bake cakes in this oven, I only use it to heat bread, quiches etc. My Westinghouse cooker turns out perfectly baked cakes every single time and is much easier to check if they are ready.

Susan Williams
Susan Williamsasked

Can I get another tray and rack for family convection oven?

Alphonse L.
Alphonse L.

I was able to purchase a replacement wire and tray for $10 each directly from the company. Did so by contacting them by email on their website.

Amy J
Amy Jasked

What is the material inside the oven?

See all Russell Hobbs RHTOV20 questions