Russell Hobbs RHWU88

MPNs: RHB-RHWU88 and RHWU88

Di from QLD

Di from QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD

wishful thinking

A few things i have noticed are keeps water hot (yeah i know thats what its supposed to do) yet the outside of the urn isn't hot at all. and unlike our previous two urns non Russell Hobbs ones the tap doesn't leak

Purchased in May 2019 at ebay for $104.80.

Noise Level

Taps not fit for purpose

Had three now all within a year and the tap breaks off. What a piece of plastic junk these tapes are. Each time I took it back they replaced the urn. The assistant said that this was a problem with this urn and that they cant keep replacing it every time. For it to keep breaking like this we must be over using it. What? I think that Russell Hobbs know that this is a problem and should do a recall and put it right instead of relying on customers getting sick of have to replace it every 3 months and giving up on it. Do the right thing Russell Hobbs.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Andig

Andig

Worked really well until the tap broke

We loved this urn as it heated quickly and was reliable until the tap broke after 7 months. The retailer offered a replacement, but advised when I enquired that the warranty would back date to the original date of purchase! Refund thanks, and will purchase another urn with full warranty elsewhere.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Electric Kettles

Find out how Russell Hobbs RHWU88 compares to other Electric Kettles

Great ... for a while.

I've had three of these now, and I'm giving up and going back to a kettle.

When we bought our first urn, the tap broke off within a few months. We got a replacement urn, same thing happened in a shorter time frame. Now, about six months later, the tap is still on but the water has a chemical taste. We've cleaned it out several time, but after a day or two the taste comes back. Will not be getting it replaced and will not be buying another Russell Hobbs.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Jennine

JennineAU

While it was working it was fantastic.

I had the same problem with the urn with it not being the right item for 24/7 use. Mine stared not being hot enough & we had to heat our coffees up in the microwave, then it stared leaking from the measurement tube.....OWELL

Bobbie BNSW, 2529

Hot Water - Got Milk?

This 8.8Ltr Urn is our Lifesaver when we have the family gatherings. Easy to plug in & start using once the water has reached the desired Temperature. Easy to read water level indicator. Lid safely secures onto the top. Looks nice once set up & makes a great social gathering area when making a round of cuppas!
Massive capacity & ease of use.

Rally
Rally

These so called lifesaver kettles we have one in our office and just like everything else after the warranty runs out so dose the urn ours just keeps on cutting out everything else works fine from the same power sorce fed up with it

kiwi842Central Queensland, QLD

Does a great job

A great product except condensation from under the lid runs down the outsides and causing rust around the ring the urn stands on. If this was made from stainless steel or a plastic compound...the problem would be solved.
reliable, inexpensive, energy efficient

Wayne5555
Wayne5555

I left mine on 24/7 fails to work around the 7 month.
Stopped working... I return back to the store, got a replacment unit. fail on the 7 month again. if you only used it for party or friends over its a good unit, not 24/7