Russell Hobbs Classic

Russell Hobbs Classic

2 Slice, 4 Slice

• Even Toasting Yes (1) · No (9)
Michael

Michael

Short circuits my circuit breaker

Purchased for $56 from spotlight. Never been able to fully toast anything, as it trips the circuit breaker In my apartment after 10 seconds. On the specs I’ve noticed it runs at 2200-2400 watts when Australia standards are below 1200.
I am taking back to get a refund as I bought a home brand Kmart toaster to test my power points and it toasts perfectly.. shame on russel Hobbs brand as I bought the toaster to compliment the great kettle I have in that brand.

Purchased in September 2020 at Spotlight for A$56.00.

Moona1

Moona1Central West, NSW

Very disappointing product.

Purchased in August 2020 at Mitre 10 for A$59.99.

Phil M

Phil MGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

How not to make a toaster!

Initially it seemed OK, although odd that you needed to set it almost the maximum to get the toast brown. It was fairly quick, so seemed fine. But then using it again a couple of minutes later it popped up after 1m10s and was not very brown at all. Set it to the maximum of 6 and tried again, and after 1m20s it popped up, barely any browner. Every time I tried this I got the same result, first time fine, second time would not go long enough.

So many challenges to find a good, reliable toaster, how is it so hard to get right?!

Purchased in July 2020 at The Good Guys for A$49.95.

Doreenrunner

DoreenrunnerMelbourne

Works quick

Bread came golden toasted very quick in setting 2, excellent replacement value for money for a 4 slice machine. Like the brushed metal finish and comes with 2 year warranty.

Purchased in June 2020 at Big W for A$59.00.

Even ToastingYes
Karen S.

Karen S.

Most disappointing toaster I have ever purchased.

Really uneven toasting of bread. One side burnt the other side hardly cooked. We tried to remedy the problem by defrosting bread but now turn the bread around to even the toasting out. It has nice deep and wide slots. It is not the cheapest two slice toaster available at around 50.00. I dismissed that something shorted out our power board when I was using this toaster but reconsidered because someone else mentioned it shorting out their power, which I strongly suspect happened to us.

Purchased in June 2020 at The Good Guys for A$49.00.

TinToy

TinToyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

A finger burning toaster

This toaster is unsafe. It fails to lift the toast of whatever size or shape clear of the top opening and consequently it is rarely possible to retrieve the toast without your fingers touching the hot metal. It might be a classic design but the lifting mechanism is weak and definitely not fit for its intended job

CHANDRA

CHANDRABridgeman Downs

Stopped working within 2 years ...throw away

Worked well until it died in less than 2 years . These days one cannot buy anything that lasts more than a few years , and this machine was no different I suppose

Purchased for A$50.00.

Burner, not toaster

This should be an incinerator not a toaster. The 50% faster toasting means it skips the stage of toasting and goes straight to burn. We tried all sorts of bread with the same result.

Purchased in December 2019 for A$77.00.

KML

KMLSouth East Queensland, QLD

Doesn't toast evenly.

$50. Has not toasted evenly since we got it.
Burn to edge of the bread but doesn't toast the middle.
Going to toss it as soon as I can afford another brand.

Purchased in September 2018 for A$50.00.

Find out how Russell Hobbs Classic compares to other Toasters

Worst toaster I’ve ever bought.

Burns the crust and doesn’t bother with the bread. I’m tossing it, and reading product reviews for the next one instead of relying on the “brand”. That’s $50 down the drain.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for A$50.00.

SJG

SJGMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Expensive for cheap and nasty

Went with this brand as its reputation is good but once out of the box appeared cheap and lightweight. Says it toasts faster but it just burns the outside without toasting it through so once you put a spread on its just soggy and falls apart. Very disappointed and will not buy this brand again!

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for A$50.00.

Des H

Des HEuroa, Victoria

Great toaster

Toasts perfectly every time and so quick, toast comes out soft in the centre & nicely browned on both sides. Been looking for a toaster that cooks this way for years, most toasters are very low wattage & dry out the bread so it’s like cardboard.
Majority of toasters are given high star rating & supposably save energy but in reality this only uses more power as they take a lot longer to cook hence they will use more total power.
Only one minor complaint, the supposed cord storage is poor attempt compared to other brands.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Kelvin and Michelle

Kelvin and MichelleSunbury

Top rated Brand not so good

Replaced a Russell Hobbs toaster within the year as it would intimately toast only one side of the bread, took it back even though under warranty we had to put $10 extra towards one similar as the first was discontinued. This one is doing exactly the same, it's very frustrating and are thinking of returning it, sometimes it works and others it doesn't. thin slice bread and raisen bread is used and sometimes Crumpets. I will never again buy a Russell Hobbs item as the Brand name has declined in my view.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Ron

RonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

These toasters have a design fault

First one did not toast evenly, I took it back and received a replacement only to find it was exactly the same as the first one. Clearly has a wiring fault as it does not heat properly. I took it back, and swapped it for a sunbeam toaster that is perfect at all settings. Harris Scarf were great to deal with and hopefully gave feedback to Russel Hobbs to improve their faulty toaster.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Toasts too fast

You may think toasting fast, they say 50% faster but I think it’s way quicker like 1 quarter the time my old Russell Hobbs toasted, is a great thing. I find that it’s just too fast and though it’s toasts evenly, it’s too quick to allow the bread to heat right through so it comes out brown on the outside but too soft and cool on the inside. Not to my taste. You can only control how brown the toast comes out, not the temperature of the elements, which glow really red hot, so no control over toasting time and hence final temperature of the finished toast. Preferred waiting for the toast with the old model.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Philbrand

PhilbrandGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Set with the kettle

This is a very basic model toaster, so it wont do rubbish like poach you an egg or give a weather forecast but just toast. It is very rattily so you get the impression it may all fall apart. My previous was a $9 two sliver from woolies and that had more weight, lasted over 15 years. Doubt this will. The kettle is a little better, but still just okay

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Happy

Happymascot

Avoid.

This toaster failed after 6 months of light use.

Don't buy it if you want something to last, or you want something reliable. Would not recommend this to anyone who wants a good toaster.

This review needs to be fifty words for some reason, so I've typed this pointless sentence.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Kevin W

Kevin WCairns

Only lasted sixteen months

Date PurchasedJan 2017
thommo

thommoSouth East Queensland, QLD

quality is it's name

have had many toasters over many years. I paid for quality (did get a discount) and that is what I got with Russell Hobbs. I would heartily recommend it every one. shop around before you buy, there are discounts available. you just have to look. they are worth waiting and looking for.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
JMAC

JMACAU

"New Improved" isn't always better

When our old Russell Hobbs toaster died recently we didnt hesitate to buy another of the same brand. The old one which we had purchased many years ago was reliable and toasted beautifully. The new one looked similar but unfortunately that was about it. We very quickly realsed that the " 50% faster technology" actually meant burnt toast!! An automatic toaster should not mean stand here and keep flicking the toast up just in case. I would definitely not recommend this product - save yourself the heartache and try another brand.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018