Russell Hobbs Steamglide RHC909

Russell Hobbs Steamglide RHC909

MPNs: 6192 and RHB-RHC909
See the Best Irons & Steam Generators in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Russell Hobbs

• Product is used
  • Safety
Penny
PennyDarling Downs, QLD

Will never buy this brand again

When I do the ironing I iron for a couple of hours. That is where this iron fails dismally. The longer I iron the more it spits out dirty water from the steam holes, the steam will stop working and at one time it stopped heating up altogether. Thought I was spending more to get a good brand but really wish I had stuck to the Phillips I had last time. At least it was reliable.

Purchased in March 2019 at Big W for $49.00.

lauren m.
lauren m.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Steam station

Brought this steam station after my old tefal one stopped working it does take a long time for the steam to generate and once you stop the steam it takes a couple seconds to start the steam again it’s a bit annoying

Chiqui
ChiquiMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

User Friendly

I can't believe how user friendly and lightweight this iron is. I just purchased this product less than a year ago and already in love with it. It gives off the the right amount of heat and steam.

Purchased in September 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for $50.00.

Irons & Steam Generators

Find out how Russell Hobbs Steamglide RHC909 compares to other Irons & Steam Generators

Lee M.
Lee M.Perth, WA

Never Again

Bought this iron due to 5 star Canstar rating. Very disappointed that the clothes are still wrinkled after ironing. My previous brand of iron at same price point was superior.

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Sand
Sand

Simple to use iron, works as hoped

This iron works as expected. We have had it for several months now and have found it to heat well, slide smoothly, and just generally do a good job of ironing our business shirts etc a few times a week. Steam is easy to control and works well.

Have never had any issues with it catching or burning clothes, and base looks as clean as the day we bought it.

A very easy to use iron with all the expected basic features. Great value for money, definitely not worth throwing a whole heap of money at a more expensive product when this iron works so well. Very happy

Purchased in February 2019.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Bryne
BryneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Value for the price

I purchased this unit some 6 months ago from Big W and have used it on a regular basis
I have found it to be a very reliable product and works well on most fabrics but would like a little more heat on the maximum scale when negotiating heavier fabrics.
Streaming capabilities are satisfactory and the variance offered via the control setting is acceptable.
In short this unit is good value for the price paid

Purchased in February 2019 at Big W Retail Stores for $45.00.

Andrea D.
Andrea D.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love this iron, but died too early!

I bought one of these irons 2.5 years ago. I do love this iron. Love the steam level control function. Easy to use. Easy to change settings. Have never had any issues with it burning to material or sticking to materials. The only negative is it comes with a 2yr warranty and it died for no apparent reason after 2.5yrs. I want to buy another one because I love the actual iron. It's a decent weight... not too light and not too heavy to hold for prolonged periods. But I am a little apprehensive to buy it again purely because it died 6months out of warranty.

Purchased in November 2016 at Big W Retail Stores for $49.00.

MeV
MeVPerth, WA

Gives a good iron and good value for money

I've purchased this 3 times now. The first and second time I damaged the iron myself because I dropped them, so not a criticism of design. It gives a good iron. My only criticism is the material sometimes sticks to the iron and the iron sometimes spits out liquid. This has only happened a couple times. otherwise it gives a good iron and relatively cheap for around $50 on sale.

Purchased in November 2018 for $50.00.

Jason
JasonSydney, NSW

Expensive and not worth it

This iron and not cheap, used it for 6 months, hardly iron anything and the cord is so hard and already has dents in it that cannot be straightened, another month or so and I would see naked wires there.

Purchased in November 2018.

Chandan
ChandanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good value for money

Happy with the product. Got it for $40. We dont iron much in our household, but this one does the job. Amazing value for money! Have only had it for a month. Good for all fabrics and also lightweight.

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for $40.00.

Mike E
Mike ETraralgon

Completely useless; never gets hotter than lukewarm

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Fuzza
FuzzaBallarat

Steams good to me

I bought this when it was on sale as I had my old mum and dads which didn't even steam so this was an exelent thing to now have on this iron. The settings are pretty much the same, if you want to use it on cotton set it for that or other options that it has. Dose a good job than the old one we had

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Monique Monzett
Monique MonzettCoonabarabran

Perfect!!

Love my new iron! I had been using the same iron for years now and I finally got a new one it is wayyy better than the old one, has special steam cleaning options and has specific temperatures for certain fabrics which is great. I use this iron every single day and I never used to like ironing at all.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hawks56
Hawks56hawthorn

Had it for years works well

This has been a quiet and efficient member of the household for many years now. It just works, so there's not a great deal to say. Heats up well, has a decent cord lenght and glides nicely. I think the steam could be a little more powerful but even that is still OK. Decent iron.

Date PurchasedJune 2015
jim W
jim Wchermside

Not the best

The iron seems to work OK not the best, the cord however is terrible far to stiff, I would go as far as to say it could be a hazed. It kinks easy you can't roll it up and is very hard to iron with. I would not buy this iron again or recommend it.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Read more reviews - page 2

Magsasked

Where is the indicator telling you what heat you are on. Is it the green light at the lower end?

christie07
christie07

The heat setting dial is in the middle of the iron underneath the handle. There is a raised plastic knob at the top above the dial (a bit difficult to see as it is the same pale green colour as the base material) that indicates which setting has been chosen. When the dial is turned clockwise as far as it will go this knob will be opposite the "max" & "linen" markings, and the iron will be at its hottest setting. Conversely as you twist the dial anti-clockwise the iron becomes progressively cooler, until is reaches the "synthetic" and then "minimum" settings on the dial.

Mags

Your explanation tells me where it should be though I cannot see it. It is in line with the point of the green light which I shall use as a guide instead. Not the best design! Thanks anyway.

Get an answer from our members and Russell Hobbs representatives

CategoryIrons & Steam Generators
FeaturesAnti-Drip, Auto Shut Off, Variable Steam Control, Vertical Steam and Water Spray
CordlessNo