Russell Hobbs Steamglide RHC909

Russell Hobbs Steamglide RHC909

MPN: RHB-RHC909

See the Best Irons & Steam Generators in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Lee M.

Lee M.Perth, WA

Never Again

Bought this iron due to 5 star Canstar rating. Very disappointed that the clothes are still wrinkled after ironing. My previous brand of iron at same price point was superior.

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Product is used: Daily
Clothing Material Cotton and Denim

Sand

Sand

Simple to use iron, works as hoped

This iron works as expected. We have had it for several months now and have found it to heat well, slide smoothly, and just generally do a good job of ironing our business shirts etc a few times a week. Steam is easy to control and works well.

Have never had any issues with it catching or burning clothes, and base looks as clean as the day we bought it.

A very easy to use iron with all the expected basic features. Great value for money, definitely not worth throwing a whole heap of money at a more expensive product when this iron works so well. Very happy

Purchased in February 2019.

Bryne

BryneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Value for the price

I purchased this unit some 6 months ago from Big W and have used it on a regular basis
I have found it to be a very reliable product and works well on most fabrics but would like a little more heat on the maximum scale when negotiating heavier fabrics.
Streaming capabilities are satisfactory and the variance offered via the control setting is acceptable.
In short this unit is good value for the price paid

Purchased in February 2019 at Big W Retail Stores for $45.00.

Clothing Material Cotton, Denim, Synthetics and Wool
Andrea D.

Andrea D.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love this iron, but died too early!

I bought one of these irons 2.5 years ago. I do love this iron. Love the steam level control function. Easy to use. Easy to change settings. Have never had any issues with it burning to material or sticking to materials. The only negative is it comes with a 2yr warranty and it died for no apparent reason after 2.5yrs. I want to buy another one because I love the actual iron. It's a decent weight... not too light and not too heavy to hold for prolonged periods. But I am a little apprehensive to buy it again purely because it died 6months out of warranty.

Purchased in November 2016 at Big W Retail Stores for $49.00.

MeV

MeVPerth, WA

Gives a good iron and good value for money

I've purchased this 3 times now. The first and second time I damaged the iron myself because I dropped them, so not a criticism of design. It gives a good iron. My only criticism is the material sometimes sticks to the iron and the iron sometimes spits out liquid. This has only happened a couple times. otherwise it gives a good iron and relatively cheap for around $50 on sale.

Purchased in November 2018 for $50.00.

Jason

JasonSydney, NSW

Expensive and not worth it

This iron and not cheap, used it for 6 months, hardly iron anything and the cord is so hard and already has dents in it that cannot be straightened, another month or so and I would see naked wires there.

Purchased in November 2018.

Clothing Material Cotton

Chandan

ChandanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good value for money

Happy with the product. Got it for $40. We dont iron much in our household, but this one does the job. Amazing value for money! Have only had it for a month. Good for all fabrics and also lightweight.

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for $40.00.

Mike E

Mike ETraralgon

Completely useless; never gets hotter than lukewarm

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Fuzza

FuzzaBallarat

Steams good to me

I bought this when it was on sale as I had my old mum and dads which didn't even steam so this was an exelent thing to now have on this iron. The settings are pretty much the same, if you want to use it on cotton set it for that or other options that it has. Dose a good job than the old one we had

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Monique Monzett

Monique MonzettCoonabarabran

Perfect!!

Love my new iron! I had been using the same iron for years now and I finally got a new one it is wayyy better than the old one, has special steam cleaning options and has specific temperatures for certain fabrics which is great. I use this iron every single day and I never used to like ironing at all.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Hawks56

Hawks56hawthorn

Had it for years works well

This has been a quiet and efficient member of the household for many years now. It just works, so there's not a great deal to say. Heats up well, has a decent cord lenght and glides nicely. I think the steam could be a little more powerful but even that is still OK. Decent iron.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

jim W

jim Wchermside

Not the best

The iron seems to work OK not the best, the cord however is terrible far to stiff, I would go as far as to say it could be a hazed. It kinks easy you can't roll it up and is very hard to iron with. I would not buy this iron again or recommend it.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Olga F

Olga FSydney

This iron is a great performer

I am happy with my iron purchase, it glides, heats up quickly, I can change the setting and have the desired temperature in second, I am no longer worried about burning items and just use the max temperature to iron light curtains and achieved great results. The iron is also very light in my hand and I like the feeling of using a new iron.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Mike

MikeSydney, NSW

Easy to use

Decided to go ahead with thus purchase after reading good reviews. Easy glide and simple to use it does a good job. It heats up quickly and has the auto shut function. For the price I really recommend it to other shoppers. First time I buy this brand and I am impressed.

christie07Hunter Valley, NSW

Amazingingly good value

Date PurchasedOct 2016
John

JohnSydney

Good and reliable

I purchased this iron in Target. I wanted something reliable and not very expensive. I am happy with the iron so far. I used it to iron my curtains and was a very good result. I like how the water gets distributed and the iron does not stick to any clothes and is light enough handle. It also has a long power cord which is an advantage.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Michelle

Michelle

Simple and effective

I purchased this iron on sale at Big W to replace an expense but defective Tefal. This iron is simple, no fuss and clear to use. It gets hot enough to tackle linens which was my main aim. It also has a really long cord, so no more extension cord needed.

Deb

DebBrisbane

Value for money

Value for money. Steam working well and is hot enough. Long wire which allows me to move further from power point. Does the necessary job without having to pay high for fanciful iron. A bit heavy but is fine for me. Smooth plate and easy to clean. All in all a good for value buy.

Smoky75

Smoky75melbourne

Great Iron - No Problems

I see from the other reviews that some people have had a bad run with this iron. I wonder if some batches are better than others because our experience has been close to perfect. It heats up quickly and holds an even temperature and glides beautifully over all fabrics. Steam works well. I would perhaps prefer a slightly longer cord but that's it! Apart from that it has been a great iron

Date PurchasedMar 2017

What is it made for?

This is a bargain brand product for sure! It takes forever to heat up and the temp selector seems to be just a cosmetic feature.
It sprays little bits of water ok I guess but I burned my package on this iron trying to crease my khakis.
I would recommend this to anyone shopping for the In-Laws.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Magsasked

Where is the indicator telling you what heat you are on. Is it the green light at the lower end?

christie07

The heat setting dial is in the middle of the iron underneath the handle. There is a raised plastic knob at the top above the dial (a bit difficult to see as it is the same pale green colour as the base material) that indicates which setting has been chosen. When the dial is turned clockwise as far as it will go this knob will be opposite the "max" & "linen" markings, and the iron will be at its hottest setting. Conversely as you twist the dial anti-clockwise the iron becomes progressively cooler, until is reaches the "synthetic" and then "minimum" settings on the dial.

Mags

Your explanation tells me where it should be though I cannot see it. It is in line with the point of the green light which I shall use as a guide instead. Not the best design! Thanks anyway.

Get an answer from our members and Russell Hobbs representatives