Ryobi 18V One+ Hand Vac CHV182G

Ryobi 18V One+ Hand Vac CHV182G

MPN: CHV182G

Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (3) · No (2)
  • Battery Life
Louisse_G

Louisse_GMid North Coast, NSW

Buy this and purchase the addons that are available at Bunnings as well

Buy this and then purchase the accessory addon, plus a 4.0 18V battery add on and you have a great little Vaccum that gets into all those nook and crannies in the car and gets into all those hard to reach areas around the house. https://www.bunnings.com.au/ryobi-6-piece-vacuum-accessory-kit_p0134381 and/or this https://www.bunnings.com.au/ryobi-5-piece-hand-vacuum-stick-attachment-kit_p0134379

Purchased in March 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Product is used Weekly
Floor Type Linoleum and Wood

Pete from VicGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

A great addition to my One+ toolkit

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$65.00.

Product is used Several times a week
Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

Handy little Vacuum

I purchased a Ryobi 18V ONE+ Hand Vacuum, it has a strong suction to pick up dirt anywhere, it can be used in the garage or home. It also has a small brush attachment for furniture and cabinets. I would recommend this product.

Handheld Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Ryobi 18V One+ Hand Vac CHV182G compares to other Handheld Vacuum Cleaners

bimbimbiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fully serviceable after 7 years.

Originally purchased to vacuum grit and dust from our car floor mats. Still used regularly for the car, it is now primarily used for cleaning up hair, skin scale and towel fluff on the tiled bathroom floor. I replaced the original battery 2 years ago and also the filter. We have found the product reliable and serviceable parts have been readily available.

Purchased in May 2012 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$58.00.

Product is used Daily
Pet OwnerNo
Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
Ckerr

CkerrWallan

Powerful and compact

We take this camping too keep our tow vehicle and caravan clean.

Powerful, light, excellent, efficient.

Thrilled with this addition to our Ryobi One collection. It came with an extension and floor head so no more bending over to do the tile floor in our caravan. 5star!

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$99.00.

Product is used Several times a week
Pet OwnerNo
Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood
Charles K.

Charles K.Pilbara, WA

Weak vacuum and noisy

Poor performance, clumsy to use, uncomfortably noisy. Vacuum is weak, suitable for loose and light dust only. The nose is bulky, awkward and cannot get close enough to the corners.

Purchased in December 2017 for A$80.00.

Product is used Rarely
Sam D

Sam DGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This is great for cars and around the house for spotcleans

I use this vacuum for my car. Its perfect to clean the car. I also use this vacuum on the carpet in my house to clean the corners or for spot cleans.
Along with that I also use it on the sofa when food particles falls on the sofa.

This vacuum is very handy and needed for quick clean ups.

I had to buy a battery and charger kit with it which costs a lot more than the vacuum but the entire combo is worth it.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
IrishCreams

IrishCreamsFootscray

Ryobi ONE+ Battery Vacuum

This is great but you can only buy it OF you already own the Ryobi ONE + battery pack as its just a 'skin' IE a device designed to work with the ONE+ system but you need to already own it as there is no battery or charger with this set.
Because the ONE+ operates off a powerful 18v battery, it's REALLY powerful. Handy size and easy to empty. Highly recommended IF you have the battery and charger.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Sai charan

Sai charan

Cars best handy vaccum

Every time driving towards the car wash coin was horrible, I received this as new bday gift from a friend and it’s working brilliant. I suggest this is perfect for car cleaning and regular cleaning on corners of walls and doors. it works perfect on pets hair stick to my car carpet as well

Dr1ftwood

Dr1ftwoodmelbourne

Great micro vac love it!

This is a VERY powerful mini vac because it draws power from the proper Ryobi ONE+ batteries which you swap in and out with other tools. The battery is vastly more powerful than the type you would normally find in vacuums like this so the result is tons of suction. I cant think of a better tool for the car carpet - Love it!

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Bookems

BookemsMoorabin

Excellent mini vac - must already have Ryobi battery

This is a really powerful little hand vacuum and does a great job for me vacuuming the leaves out of my car but be warned! You can't just go and buy this without already owning the Ryobi One+ battery and charger because it doesn't come with those. If you DO have those, then you will love it and I would say its a great addition to the set and the One+ battery provides much more oomph than you would normally expect with a mini vac.

Karen

KarenSydney

My Favourite tool!

Love the performance of this little lightweight vacuum that can be bundled amongst my Ryobi One+ collection. I recommend a large battery for it's use as I found this gave far more operation and didn't make me rush the clean up after a project.
The filter is easy to clean and doesn't allow much dust back out the air escape but I recommend this be cleaned each time the vacuum is emptied. It has a stickybeak and brush attached for small creviced areas but needs to be slightly longer. The stickybeak attaches to the underside when not in use.
Easy to store but chews the batteries.

Scotties5

Scotties5Carlton

Very handy mini vacuum

I got this Bunnings and I use it in the car. We have excessive amounts of leaves in Autumn and they stick to your shoes and end up in the car. This is the perfect solution to that problem and it does a tremendous job. I just keep it in the garage and give the car a going over whenever necessary and problems solved. It has good suction and i s easy to empty.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
S1mm07

S1mm07Melbourne

Very Good Dustbuster

I got this at Bunnings during my usual weekend pottering. It is a classic and very effective little Dustbuster with a difference - you use the battery that is part of the Ryobi ONE+ tools. If you don't already have the battery and charger then you should not buy this but if you do, well it is a really worthy unit. Good suction, easy to empty and easy to use

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Golf56

Golf56melbourne

Handy Little Vacuum

This is great for clean ups around the house. It's like an electric dustpan and bush and my wife has this thing out and running before I even realize I have done anything! It works well and you can see right through the container so its obvious when it needs emptying. I usually empty it after most uses. Charging is simple too. It does a good job and is a worthy little machine. (note you already need to have the Ryobi battery and charger as its part of the One+ series)

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Dalton1

Dalton1melbourne

Good Car vac

Got this on special from Bunnings because I have other Ryobi tools in the same one series family and I use it as a small car vac. It is excellent for clean ups in between full vacuuming. It can get crumbs, dust and dirt off the seats, no worries but it's not really strong enough to pull up all the grit from the floor carpet. Cleaning is easy as pie and battery life is quite good for a hand held . It's in the garage always ready to go.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
W. West

W. WestBlaxland NSW

I have bought four handheld vacuums and returned three. This is the only one that really worked. I can't believe that a few reviewers weren't completely happy with it. It has great suction. I use it mainly for vacuuming the car floors and it is fantastic for that. But it also works on polished floors, household carpets, even our pool table. Completely satisfied.

Momimo

MomimoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good for home use

Great for garage, office or car use but not recommended for building work sites or on the job. Sucks good but not great. Struggles for example to pick up a nail or screw or even a bolt small or large. Best to read the watt power and details with every purchase as thaf does makes the difference.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Andrew060

Andrew060Adelaide

Good mighty little vac

We purchased the vacuum as our other big one that we used to clean the cars died. We have been very happy with the power & suction of it. Make sure you pull it apart & clean the filter regularly. We found that if you let it build up it starts to blow back dust.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
wayne69

wayne69PERTH

Perfect as per all 18v Ryobi range

This item does the job much better than any other dust buster on the market. Cleans the car, fireplace dog hair as per advertised. I think it is well priced and the battery is adaptable to my drill, whippersnipper (not as good), mattress pump, and work light. Cant fault the vacuum at all.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Arj

Arjasked

Im going to cover my armchairs, sofa, cat towers and scratching posts in borax powder and then have to vacuum it all off before steam cleaning. Would this do the job do you think, or would i need something stronger to efficiently suck up all the powder?

Carolyn

Yes I think it will do the job, it has a strong suction

Pete from Vic

It would do the job but would take a while, it's more suited to cleaning up small work areas for example not an entire room.

Liz M

Liz Masked

What is the suction Air Watts?

bimbimbi

All I can advise are the following specs:
1. The operating power supply is 18V DC
2. The current draw (specified on the serial No. plate on the vacuum cleaner quotes 7.5 amps
3. Under Ohm's Law the Power rating would be 135 Watts
4. The air-flow rate of 14.1 litres/sec,
(specified by Ryobi (https://www.ryobi.com.au/products/details/18v-one-hand-vac-dry-only-chv182g).
5. An obvious constraint to air flow is the small cross-sectional area of the inlet side of the suction tube.
I measure that as 1.1cm2. The effective cross-sectional area might be slightly less than that due to the brush
component of the inlet tube.
Other than that, I cannot advise you. I am not an electrical engineer. Nor am I conversant with fluid dynamics.

Wazasked

Anyone have the same problem I have with this vacuum cleaner? The dust flap has somehow disintegrated and allows any collected dirt to fall back out of the dust retainer once the machine has been switched off! Seemed to work okay for what is was purchased for in the beginning, but I wouldn't say it's had a great deal of use. Hopefully a spare part is available and there's more to come on this aspect from Bunnings!

Waz

Further to the above.....Approaches to Bunnings to obtain a replacement part wasn't the most productive - they told me Ryobi had no part (dust flap) available! After contacting Ryobi, I was told the information from Bunnings was incorrect and the part I was looking for WAS available. Ryobi sent a replacement part - free of charge - directly to me for the inconvenience I was put through by Bunnings. The very reason I intend to stick with Ryobi in the tool buying department. You can't ask for better customer service or relations than that - and their entry level tools seem to be the best out of the cheaper brands.

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives