Ryobi 18V One+ Hand Vac CHV182G

Listing monitored by Ryobi

12 questions from our users

Mary T
Mary Tasked

How do I remove the filter on the hand held vac?

Dennis
Dennis

Mary T.
Simple to remove filter. First remove the nose cone section by pressing the grey button on top of the unit. It is just in front of the on/off switch.
Now with this cone removed, pull out the entire section from the cone by placing a finger at top and bottom of this section in the rectangular shape holes. Pull toward you. Take notice off the way it is removed as it must be replaced this same way.
With this section removed, empty out the dirt etc from this nose cone.
To clean the filter, remove the filter unit from the section by squeezing inwards, the lugs, one at the top and one at the bottom of the square filter holder. Once this filter is out, tap it repeatedly on to a sheet of paper to remove the dust. Maybe use a blower to blow the dust back out.
Replace the filter unit the same way it came out, making sure the the lugs click back into place. Replace this section back into the nose cone. Replace the nose cone back onto the vacuum unit by first engaging the lug at the bottom and then clicking the top button back in.
Another tip, I find this vacuum cleaner works best on mats etc by removing grey nose piece from the nose cone. Just pull it out. The grey nose piece with the little brush, is good for tight sections.
Happy Vacuuming
Dennis O'C

nzmike001
nzmike001asked

I am keen to buy one one of these to replace my utterly useless B&D unit which now (after only about 18 months) lasts about 30 seconds even on a full charge and does not have a replaceable battery. However I do not own any other Ryobi ONE+ power tools so what exactly do I need to buy apart from the vacuum unit itself? Is it just the charging base? If so what is the model?

Louisse_G
Louisse_G

You will need a Ryobi battery and charger for it: https://www.ryobi.com.au/power-tools/products/list/category/power-tool-batteries-chargers ......You can use the battery for other ryobi plus one products as seen here: https://www.ryobi.com.au/power-tools/products/list/family/one-plus ...... sometimes the product already has the battery and power pack that comes with it. You can also purchase different accessory kits for it. Hope this helps.

JacquieH
JacquieHasked

it only blows out how do i change that>

Cody B.
Cody B.asked

Our Ryobi Vaccuum cleaner CHV 182 stops working with battery 70% full.
After recharge battery to full capacity, cleaner works again,but only till 3/4 full capacity battery.
Battery is almost new, works well with Ryobi drill.
Can be this vacuum cleaner repaired?If yes, how?

Arj
Arjasked

Im going to cover my armchairs, sofa, cat towers and scratching posts in borax powder and then have to vacuum it all off before steam cleaning. Would this do the job do you think, or would i need something stronger to efficiently suck up all the powder?

Carolyn
Carolyn

Yes I think it will do the job, it has a strong suction

Pete from Vic
Pete from Vic

It would do the job but would take a while, it's more suited to cleaning up small work areas for example not an entire room.

Liz M
Liz Masked

What is the suction Air Watts?

bimbimbi
bimbimbi

All I can advise are the following specs:
1. The operating power supply is 18V DC
2. The current draw (specified on the serial No. plate on the vacuum cleaner quotes 7.5 amps
3. Under Ohm's Law the Power rating would be 135 Watts
4. The air-flow rate of 14.1 litres/sec,
(specified by Ryobi (https://www.ryobi.com.au/products/details/18v-one-hand-vac-dry-only-chv182g).
5. An obvious constraint to air flow is the small cross-sectional area of the inlet side of the suction tube.
I measure that as 1.1cm2. The effective cross-sectional area might be slightly less than that due to the brush
component of the inlet tube.
Other than that, I cannot advise you. I am not an electrical engineer. Nor am I conversant with fluid dynamics.

Wazasked

Anyone have the same problem I have with this vacuum cleaner? The dust flap has somehow disintegrated and allows any collected dirt to fall back out of the dust retainer once the machine has been switched off! Seemed to work okay for what is was purchased for in the beginning, but I wouldn't say it's had a great deal of use. Hopefully a spare part is available and there's more to come on this aspect from Bunnings!

Waz

Further to the above.....Approaches to Bunnings to obtain a replacement part wasn't the most productive - they told me Ryobi had no part (dust flap) available! After contacting Ryobi, I was told the information from Bunnings was incorrect and the part I was looking for WAS available. Ryobi sent a replacement part - free of charge - directly to me for the inconvenience I was put through by Bunnings. The very reason I intend to stick with Ryobi in the tool buying department. You can't ask for better customer service or relations than that - and their entry level tools seem to be the best out of the cheaper brands.

Lee
Leeasked

Have a handheld vacuum which is a great tool. However, the filter has become very hard and I need a replacement. Bunnings unhelpful. Can I purchase a new filter on line?

warren
warrenasked

Please let me know stockists

Fetus
Fetusasked

How many watts?

Lulu
Lulu

Hello. Im sorry I have no idea. You might ger the info from their website. However I'd caution against buying one. It's a very poor performer. I don't use other at all. Worst ryobi tool ever

David
David

Amperes x Volts = Watts
Therefore 18V x 1.3A = 23.4W in a 1.3A hour battery. Larger capacity batteries are available.

pinky
pinkyasked

Is it useful for a 2 bedded unit??

Rick293
Rick293

This Is more of a handy vac for spills etc. If you are doing floors etc you will need a stick vac at minimum.

Franco
Franco

Only suitable for small jobs I would say. Like picking up cat hair etc

Bill Bainbridge
Bill Bainbridgeasked

Where can I buy replacement filters for Ryobi vacuum CHV 182?

Jaejae
Jaejae

Not sure - I haven't had to purchase a replacement yet. I bought my Ryobi Vac at Bunnings, so I'd give them a call first to ask!

Paul
Paul

The only item I've been able to find that looks right is Ryobi part number A32VC04 at $4, unfortunately can't find any UK stockist and postage cost stop me taking a gamble on it as it's listed for the P712 a similar looking vac.

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives

Other Handheld Vacuum Cleaners