Ryobi 18V One+ Line Trimmer OLT1830

Ryobi 18V One+ Line Trimmer OLT1830 (page 3 of 5)

MPN: OLT1830

See the Best Battery Whipper Snippers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Dmack

DmackMelbourne, Victoria

Great for small jobs

So far so good - i've used it maybe 10-15 times and haven't had to replace the line yet!
It's quite light as well - my girlfriend has no trouble using it.
It's suitable for trimming along footpath edges, fences, trees, paving and garden edges. I wouldn't use it for anything massively overgrown though.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Freezer

FreezerMelbourne

Fantastic

This is so easy and light to use, the battery lasts for a long time cutting is very good, love that you can let out the line so easy, simple to use. The first time we have considered a battery whipper snipper and it’s wonderful. Would recommend this to the gardener who wants more time to spend on the important things, no more manual labour........

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Gunjan

Gunjan

Perfect !

Got one from bumming work d great ! Once had issue with reel showed to Bunnings they were not able to fix so replaced it with new one ! Does Great job .. happy with the results .. would highly recommend this product it’s simple to use for a newbie too !

Date PurchasedJul 2017
DeniseS

DeniseSLaunceston

They have done it again

Date PurchasedNov 2017

bingo

bingoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic product

This was my first Ryobi purchase in the collection, now called my Ryobi family, absolutely brilliant, very light weight and easy to manage. Does a great job and easy to extend the cutting wire and add new. I liked it so much that I now have the mower, blower, and hedge trimmer added to the collection. Highly recommend the Ryobi one plus products and also the fantastic 6 year warranty is brilliant, not to mention the ability to register the products online in your own Ryobi tool box, upload the receipt and serial numbers, brilliant idea. love it.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

parko_jose

parko_josePort Kennedy, WA

Light weight, easy to use.

I love this edger, we used to own a petrol own, but I didn’t like that we had fuel sitting around when not in use.
Since getting this, I can now easily do the edges and finish of my lawns as it’s very light weight and easy to use. Plus I live that it comes with a 6 year warranty as well.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

kazza65

kazza65brisbane

Love it

My hubby bought this for me and it is awesome,we are on 1/2 acre with quite few trees to snip around and find I’ve still got enough battery charge left to go around what I’ve missed. It’s great at edging along the driveway as well.no messing around with petrol which is great. I love the fact you don’t have to bash it on ground to get more cord. Very happy with this product

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Smoogus

SmoogusAU

Budget , but capable.

As long as you arent trying to mow the lawn with it, its pretty good. No More Petrol mixing and mess. I only have a small lawn, so its good for doing the naturestip and curb edging. Will push through thick dirt and grass if given time.
A bit hard to see where its cutting when you use it in Edging mode, with the Steel guide extended. I use the other ryobi 18v's so handy.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Cam

CamSouth East Queensland, QLD

cheap low quality

Main issue is battery life, started off getting 15 min, after about 20 recharges lucky to get 5 min.. 2nd issue, only one line to cut with, makes those initial 15 min not very effective, now almost useless. Very disappointed considering going back to 2 stroke as the batteries are not cheap to replace. Ryobi once had a semi-decent reputation, I still have a Ryobi battery drill that I have been using for near on 15 years but now as they mostly supply Bunnings, they are becoming obsolete in quality. Will avoid in future.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
tycoel

tycoelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Reasonably happy with this although the line often breaks

Happy with cutting ability, easy to maintain and charge. Only one problem is that I find that the line breaks at least twice in a edging session and its quite annoying. Vry good value for money though - next time I think I would probably spend a bit more and get a 36V

Date PurchasedOct 2016

girvsjoint

girvsjoint

Very Pleasantly Surprised

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Suites my needs

It's easy to use and suites a small back yard. As it's battery you don't need to worry about getting petrol, or having cans sitting in the garage with both 2 stroke and 4 stroke and potentially putting the wrong petrol in. That's what happened to my last whipper snipper. The battery doesn't take long to charge and is very powerful

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Rank

RankSydney, NSW

Spoke Too Soon

Worked well for the first few months and I was impressed as this unit replaced a petrol trimmer. Kept telling everyone how good it was - Big mistake! Now I regret buying it. The biggest problem is the auto-feed. It keeps throwing out chord every minute and I have to replace the reel every time I use it. Later I have to pick up pieces of chord from the lawn.The battery also runs out so I have to recharge it before trimming the edges of my backyard. The unit is much easier to operate and use than a petrol whipper snipper and it's not heavy either. If the auto-feed defect can be solved, it would be a good tool. I'm thinking of returning it back to Bunnings.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Keir

Keir

One+ trimmer. Thought I'd be awful but...

So easy to use. No pulling to start. Just go! Battery will last about 45 minutes so I recommend two but as far as performance it's a ripper. I like how the line feeds and I don't have to 'bump' it to get line out. I was initially unsure of my purchase given I'd had a riobi petrol trimmer before (was awful) but to my surprise this thing works really well. As Molly used to say "do yourself a favour".

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
no.striding

no.stridingAU

Pretty convinient

I bought the kit from Bunnings which came with a charger and 5 amp battery. Its surprisingly powerful and is really convenient to just whip out and go without needing to mess around with petrol and oil and plug starters. The edging has never been done on my lawn and it handled it with no problems at all. Seems to be well built but I will report back if it fails.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Good until it wasnt

Had about six months use out of mine and unit is light and easy to use. Suitable for smaller yards and light weeds. Had usual problem with line snapping constantly but after 6 months the motor in the end gave up a big puff of smoke and ceased to work. Looking at it it appears the bearing in the motor have collapsed as whole end of unit now moves around. Would not buy again.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Wantone

WantoneSouth Australia

Only good for small yard with soft grass

I have been using mine for 9 months now and it is not powerful enough for my buffalo grass edging. Had to use tree pruners to cut the edge grass runners. The auto-feed worked well when it was new out of the box, but as it was towards the end of the nylon roll, the auto-feed stopped working and had to be manually press. This would be required after ever few meters of edging. Very frustrating.
It works well as a light weed whacker but if you have left the weeds too long, you will need a petrol one with a thicker nylon.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Shellby

ShellbyMid North Coast, NSW

Prefect for the small yard with regular maintence

Date PurchasedJul 2014

Argydubbaya

ArgydubbayaFinch Hatton, Queensland

Awesome line trimmer & blower set.

Perfect. I use it daily in our gardens in Ullyses Rainforrest Cafe. The battery lasts forever. Both the trimmer and blower are noiseless. Important in the rainforrest. Easy to replace line. It came with an awesome battery powered blower. Gone are the noisy 2 strokes for me. Thank you Ryobi.

Alan

Alan

Good but don't expect miracles