Ryobi 18V One+ OED1850

Ryobi 18V One+ OED1850 Questions & Answers

Verified🏆 2024 AwardMPN:OED1850
Warren P.

trying to buy a replacement set of brushes to suit my Ryobi 18v one + OED1850 edge trimmer

ForgottenIt

You can try bigwarehousespares or Bunnings Special Orders but have you tried taking the trimmer back and claiming a replacement/repair under warranty?
I've never had any problems with Bunnings return policy in the past and Ryobi have long warranties on their gear.

Warren P.

Unit is now out of warranty, Bunnings special orders will take 3 weeks or longer and could not find suitable brushes on bigwarehousespares.

Eddym

Just bought a ryobi oed1850, but my 18v battery (5Ah) won’t fit. Should I return the skin?

ForgottenIt

Take both the tool and battery back and ask a Bunning's team member what you are doing wrong that would be my suggestion.

Eddym

Ty..was trying to avoid that

ForgottenIt

I can't see why the battery won't fit. All Ryobi one products are 100% compatible. It may be a very tight fit. A stupid question but I have to ask - Are the battery and the skin both 18 volts?

Just checked. Yes.
My battery fits my ryobi blower & a trimmer. ..hence my original posting.

Eddym

I wasn’t using enough force! Derr!

ForgottenIt

LOL. Been there done that. I had to lever the batteries out a few mm with a screwdriver the first few times I used them. I won't tell anyone what happened if you don't. ;)

Eddym

Lips are sealed! ( I haven’t tried to take the battery out yet)

Will RAC1104 Heavy duty blade fit a RED1850L Lawn edger

Gerry M.

Will RAC1104 Heavy duty blade fit a RED1850L Lawn edger?

Firepower
Firepower

Have you found that out yet? I'd be interested also.

Leonie
Leonie

Are these models available at Bunnings? And can I get a deal with a mower if I purchase both?

Lance
Lance

I feel that an edger should not be listed as "best whipper snipper product"

Grant

The edger is listed under the items below .I had no problem to find the item to make a comment.
Garden & Power Tools

were can i buy one

Bunnings

Damien
Damien

Can I swap line for blades?

Rajat
Rajat

Does 18v edger skin works with a 36V battery?

Andrew M.
Andrew M.

no it doesn't, it uses the ryobi one 18v battery system which is a different shape.

Toni H

just wondering if anyone has purchased OLT 1830 model line trimmer whether it came witb an 18v battery?

Simmo

G'day Toni, theres two options at Bunnings. One without the battery (referred to as skin only), and another that has a 5ah battery (not sure about charger though). Not sure if you know how the battery rating work, but here goes: They are all 18v for this range, however, they can come in 1.5ha 4ha etc. The higher the number, the longer it will work before needing a charge. Hope this helps.

Toni H

Hi Simmo and thabks for your prompt response. Could you pls confirm if tbis model SN 1509002179 Line Trimmer 2015 included 18V battery.

Simmo

G'day, I am tossing up between the 18v and the 36v model. Ryobi or their suppliers are unable to give me an answer as to how long the 18v model will last before needing to recharge the battery. I have a lot of garden edges and would prefer to do the edging in one hit. Thanks in advance. Andrew

MyCozyHome
MyCozyHome

Depends which pack you use and how wet it is when you use it i suspect. I asked the Ryobi rep near me, and i think he said 18v with the 2.5ah battery was 400m-500m - 20ish minutes.

The 36v is sold as a tool only, but i would expect similar run times.

Simmo

Thanks MyCozyHome, I ended up opting for the 18v edger. The thing was absolutely perfect. Awesome edges every time.

Wes
Wes

Sorry pal for late response.i c you got it all worked out.to me it would have worked out on if I had batteries already.if not I prob would have gone for the 36v but I'm not sure if many of the other tools run on this.i have the 18v cause I have a lot of smaller tools that I use.ie nail gun ,drills ect.but I only use 1 4.5ah battery and that last a long time.little ripper of a machine hey.

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Ryobi 18V One+ OED1850 is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024. Learn more